Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool4299

Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Mike Royer signing a stack of Kirby signed Bronze Age books for a patient fan after a panel at SDCC 2017.

Anyone we know?

Post 601 IP   flag post
Collector Dshel61 private msg quote post Address this user

Not sure I'm buying what she is selling at this garage sale.
Post 602 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

mm
Post 603 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_Spawn

I watched that the other night( Jesus Christ Superstar). Alice Cooper still has it. Overall is was pretty entertaining.

I watched it.....just for his appearance.....LOL

Damn that guy can still rock.

If you have never seen one of his shows.....you should. Rock Theater/Opera at its finest.

I have to admit.....Alice Cooper - October 31, 1986 - Detroit, MI - Joe Louis Arena.....well.....

That alone should tell you a tale in itself.

With my two younger brothers, on leave from the US Navy...and a Big Gulp in hand (actually Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill) I passed through the doors to arrive on the General Admission floor.....to rock with Alice.

Top five concert!

Cheers.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/alice-cooper/1986/joe-louis-arena-detroit-mi-23c598c3.html
Post 604 IP   flag post
Collector brandon77 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 605 IP   flag post

Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
My mother in law has been making me super hero themed birthday cakes the last couple of years. This year she made me a cake with a Captain America and the Avengers arcade on it. It was delicious.
Post 606 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
One of my favorite sketch covers:
Post 607 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Post 608 IP   flag post
Barry Ira Geller & Mike Royer signing Jack Kirby's Lord Of Light prints at SDCC 2017. With Tom Kraft from The Kirby Museum.

Yours truly makes a cameo appearance (background).

Post 609 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Elvira posted this Bill Sienkiewicz sketch on her Facebook feed.

Post 610 IP   flag post
Collector gman private msg quote post Address this user
Cover recreation of PPSSM 76 by Al Milgrom (he did the original as well)...pencils and inks. Logo was all done by hand.
Post 611 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman
Cover recreation of PPSSM 76 by Al Milgrom (he did the original as well)...pencils and inks. Logo was all done by hand.

Very cool. That looks great. I'm currently waiting on a commission from him.
Post 612 IP   flag post
Something cool by Sideshow... And easily s great piece of decor for your "War Room" (also known to some as a "Man Cave"....

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/dc-comics-yellow-lantern-power-battery-dc-collectibles-903483/?me=2vv1sm3f
Post 613 IP   flag post
Collector gman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman

Very cool. That looks great. I'm currently waiting on a commission from him.

Thanks he does some really nice work..He inked a Ron Lim Surfer vs Thanos piece for me (I posted it earlier) and I still get comments on it.
Post 614 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 615 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 616 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Alternate back covers

Post 617 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
this is one of the coolest things ive owned, a beautiful full size replica of obi-wan kenobi's lightsaber, but im giving it up to feed the resurgence in my comic collecting addiction .. priorities

if anyone is interested :
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/183168991126?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Post 618 IP   flag post
Very cool- Does the Kaiburr crystal still work?
Post 619 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
If any of you are Oz fans out there, you might find this kind of interesting... Eric Shanower is the Art Director, did the front cover, and is one of the main contributors, but notice that Ed Brubaker also contributed. This is from back in 1995... I picked this up from some stock one of my local shops got from another shop that closed down a couple of years ago. I thought it was cool, but I've written a some Oz stuff myself.

Post 620 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Sent this home from Monte-Carlo in August 1957...just found it
while going through some stamp albums.

OO

mm
Post 621 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
Don't recall if I posted this already (another thread), but if no one has seen it, this is from SDCC 2016... At the 20th Century Fox booth, you had to pre-order X-Men Apocalypse, and they gave this to you. It was my first stop on preview night, so I could get one. Bill Sienkiewicz wasn't too thrilled about it, because there was no communication about them using his art (it's an imperfect copy from Dazzler issue 29, which was actually a photo of someone holding his artwork - he would have been more than happy to help provide better)... Anyway, it's something cool anyway. If it hadn't been for the situation, I would have loved Bill to sign it, but I purchased something from him instead!

Does anyone else have this one? No, there's not an actual LP inside, blank or otherwise. A blank LP would have been cool!

Post 622 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Very cool- Does the Kaiburr crystal still work?
I wouldn't be selling it if they were
Post 623 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
liking these Dellotto pieces

Post 624 IP   flag post
Collector farseer private msg quote post Address this user
Pulled this out of a box that I bought when this card series came out

Post 625 IP   flag post
Collector farseer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZosoRocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_Spawn

I watched that the other night( Jesus Christ Superstar). Alice Cooper still has it. Overall is was pretty entertaining.

I watched it.....just for his appearance.....LOL

Damn that guy can still rock.

If you have never seen one of his shows.....you should. Rock Theater/Opera at its finest.

I have to admit.....Alice Cooper - October 31, 1986 - Detroit, MI - Joe Louis Arena.....well.....

That alone should tell you a tale in itself.

With my two younger brothers, on leave from the US Navy...and a Big Gulp in hand (actually Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill) I passed through the doors to arrive on the General Admission floor.....to rock with Alice.

Top five concert!

Cheers.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/alice-cooper/1986/joe-louis-arena-detroit-mi-23c598c3.html

Completely agree about seeing him live. I've seen him a few times, the most recent being last year on labour day weekend. We had pretty good seats.

Post 626 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I'm a fan of Simon Bisley. Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by farseer

Post 627 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
I'm a fan of Simon Bisley. Nice!

I'm selling a LOT of my stuff to make ends meet.....if you want I'll put up a signed set of Death Dealer/DDII by Biz....high grade - probably 9.6......I'll even add in a signed card.

Would that be worthwhile?

I have #1 pegged already for CBCS VSP grading in the future. So it is a nice book.

Just don't know the interest it would garner.

Here is one that "sold" for $40.00....
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F361725783169

Difference with mine....signed on the inside by Bisley and Danzig.

Very limited signing together at that year's SDCC. I don't think they ever signed together since.....hmmmm...good trivia question I'd guess.

Anyhow.....

Everyone I saw at the booth....cleary were either comic book fans or punk rockers trying to get a glimpse of Danzig or hear some Black Flag comment.

Quite the scene it was back in the 90s.

Cheers.

I'll pull out the book and give you a glimpse.
Post 628 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user

Post 629 IP   flag post
For OG....the "card" is actually a 4"x5" limited sticker Verotik was handing out during the signing.

Interested in your opinion if i should list or not.

Post 630 IP   flag post
598019 999 30