CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.

Just show something cool4299

Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
I also own hundreds of full size 11" x 17" 1st generation copies* of Mike Royer's work with Steve Rude (Captain America: What Price Glory #1-4 & Thor: Godstorm #1-3), Erik Larsen (Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Comic Magazine #10 & The Savage Dragon #100) & Ron Frenz (Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Comic Magazine #10 & Saga Six), plus copies of several of Mike's amazing Kirby recreations.

Around 2001 (coincidentally ), Mike started to make copies of the Pencils and inks for every page he worked on as a visual record of his career. He eventually came to the conclusion that he didn't need them anymore and intended to recycle them if I didn't want them. It was a no brainer to 'rescue' them LOL. Someday I may have each 'volume' bound.

Here's a pencil/ink copy of Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Comic Magazine #10, page 21 by Larsen and Mike.







*This just means they were taken from the original art, not from scans, so there's nothing valuable about them beyond the sentimental & coolness factor. I think they're cool, anyway.
Post 576 • IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
They are cool. So are the storyboards posted above.
Post 577 • IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@MR_SigS
Might be cool to take 1 or 2 of your favorites copies, make additional copies, and send them to different artists / colorists to have them finish them in their own style.
Post 578 • IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
To stay with all things cool in the Batman Universe....here is a collection of HW Batmobiles....


Post 579 • IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman



Odd...and wierd at the same time....I just posted a slew of The Monkees LPs - their first four...Mono and Stereo - if you are interested.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/zosorocks/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

All proceeds go to the help of paying off bills, after my wife's passing.

Thanks for reading my post.
Post 580 • IP   flag post


Collector Dshel61 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dshel61
How about a huge Wolverine PEZ dispenser


I used to have the jumbo Spider-Man PEZ dispenser. When you tipped the head back to get a candy, it played the 60's Spider-Man cartoon theme song.


This one says "Wolverine don't jump through hoops for nobody".
Post 581 • IP   flag post
Collector Dshel61 private msg quote post Address this user
I forgot I had these. Found them in my dad's hobby room. I have a few more too.




Post 582 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user

Post 583 • IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 584 • IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Storyboards by Ric Estrada for the 60s animated Sub Mariner episode: The Thing From Space
























Post 585 • IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
I purchased this new at B&N back in '97. With only 32,000 in one printing, this is a treasured piece of my comic room's sports corner.


Post 586 • IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dshel61
I forgot I had these. Found them in my dad's hobby room. I have a few more too.






I still have my copies of those too.

I remember picking this magazine off the newsstand when I got into the hobby.


Post 587 • IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
We all go a little BaTty, from time to time:


Post 588 • IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 589 • IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 590 • IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user

Post 591 • IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
P. S. MAGAZINE #1 from April, 1966.



OO

mm
Post 592 • IP   flag post
Collector matterus023 private msg quote post Address this user
Is there anything more cool?
Post 593 • IP   flag post
Collector gman private msg quote post Address this user

Post 594 • IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
For Evil Ernie fans - I found these while looking through some long boxes
Invitation to Chaos Halloween bash 1996 (the axe moves);


Evil Ernie fan club newsletter vol. 1 #2


Two ashcans


Post 595 • IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user

Post 596 • IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Not Comic Book related, but Cheap Trick had a comic, so how's that?

A poster for the first concert I attended, 1979.


Post 597 • IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_Spawn

I watched that the other night( Jesus Christ Superstar). Alice Cooper still has it. Overall is was pretty entertaining.
Post 598 • IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianGreensnips

Love the blazing guitars and top notch orchestra. Casting was spot on perfect. Vocals were all excellent for a live venue. Even loved the stripped down stage set, lighting, and final spooky sequence.
Post 599 • IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
Back to the subject:


Post 600 • IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Mike Royer signing a stack of Kirby signed Bronze Age books for a patient fan after a panel at SDCC 2017.

Anyone we know?


Post 601 • IP   flag post
Collector Dshel61 private msg quote post Address this user



Not sure I'm buying what she is selling at this garage sale.
Post 602 • IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user



mm
Post 603 • IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_Spawn

I watched that the other night( Jesus Christ Superstar). Alice Cooper still has it. Overall is was pretty entertaining.


I watched it.....just for his appearance.....LOL

Damn that guy can still rock.

If you have never seen one of his shows.....you should. Rock Theater/Opera at its finest.

I have to admit.....Alice Cooper - October 31, 1986 - Detroit, MI - Joe Louis Arena.....well.....

That alone should tell you a tale in itself.

With my two younger brothers, on leave from the US Navy...and a Big Gulp in hand (actually Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill) I passed through the doors to arrive on the General Admission floor.....to rock with Alice.

Top five concert!

Cheers.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/alice-cooper/1986/joe-louis-arena-detroit-mi-23c598c3.html
Post 604 • IP   flag post
Collector brandon77 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 605 • IP   flag post
657131 999 30