Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool4299

Collector Silentstrider private msg quote post Address this user

Post 351 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foghorn_Sam
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
My Batman wallet from 1966:

How cool is that and in fantastic shape too. That's the same image used on the Batman Aurora model kit from the 60's.

It's actually pretty beat up (especially inside), but I was 6 years old when I got it! I remember the Aurora models, but didn't realize that it was the same art. Thanks for pointing that out.
Post 352 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastbard
This one makes me a sad, but it is "something cool"... I worked with Bill Paxton and the creative team on this book to get it edited, lettered, pre-pressed, and released a few years ago. I only managed to get a couple of copies the year he appeared at SDCC at our booth, so I have one copy signed by Bill... My wife and I still have a voice mail saved on our machine from when he used to call our house regularly to work through some of the issues on the lettering, dialogue, and such. Still can't believe he's gone!

I was in the front row for the NYCC when Bill and his team were promoting the graphic novel. I got a print signed by Bill and others for asking a question and got to shake his hand when he gave me the print.

I asked a two part question. First I asked if his memorable lines from Aliens were ad-libbed or scripted. Second I asked when he got the script how he went about bringing the character of Hudson to life.

I think he answered the questions in the opposite order. Bill did not think he was going to get the part and was up for a role in Police Academy 3. The reason he was available to do Aliens instead when he did get the part was that they wanted him to sign on for both Police Academy 3 and 4 which slowed down negotiations so that he was available when Aliens came through.

All of the best Hudson lines from Aliens were ad-libbed by Bill Paxton. He recalled when they were shooting a scene, James Cameron asked him about the line regarding the elevator he had come up with in rehearsal. That line was "express elevator to hell, going down" which is one of many he introduced that ended up in the movie.
Post 353 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user

Post 354 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos

Nice placement of the pricing card!!!
Post 355 IP   flag post

PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Enjoy sharing this every so often.
Second week on TV.

OO

mm
Post 356 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user

Post 357 IP   flag post

Post 358 IP   flag post
A Christmas ornament gift from my grandson.

Post 359 IP   flag post

Post 360 IP   flag post
This image...

...made me think of this...

...maybe I'm hungry!
Post 361 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I let someone borrow my "Batman '66" Blu-Ray box set over a year ago. I'm thinking it was closer to two years ago. Anyway, I FINALLY got it back. I'd say that's pretty cool.

Side note: this release includes the "Batgirl" spin-off pilot episode, which I haven't got a chance to watch yet. I'm really looking forward to checking it out.
Post 362 IP   flag post
Collector gman private msg quote post Address this user

Post 363 IP   flag post
Collector Nomad private msg quote post Address this user

Found this as a give away at a local police station 4 or 5 years ago. And it actually issued from the real Center for Disease Control
Post 364 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

Post 365 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster

...and peeking out of the clouds a Stormtrooper keeps an ever watchful eye on the miniature model as it passes!!

Post 366 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
Don’t know why, but this hit me right in the feels. Loved Aliens, especially Hudson, Bill didn’t get enough credit for what he contributed. @thelastbard, would LOVE to hear those voicemails🍺. “Game over man! Game Over!”
Post 367 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastbard
This one makes me a sad, but it is "something cool"... I worked with Bill Paxton and the creative team on this book to get it edited, lettered, pre-pressed, and released a few years ago. I only managed to get a couple of copies the year he appeared at SDCC at our booth, so I have one copy signed by Bill... My wife and I still have a voice mail saved on our machine from when he used to call our house regularly to work through some of the issues on the lettering, dialogue, and such. Still can't believe he's gone!

I was in the front row for the NYCC when Bill and his team were promoting the graphic novel. I got a print signed by Bill and others for asking a question and got to shake his hand when he gave me the print.

I asked a two part question. First I asked if his memorable lines from Aliens were ad-libbed or scripted. Second I asked when he got the script how he went about bringing the character of Hudson to life.

I think he answered the questions in the opposite order. Bill did not think he was going to get the part and was up for a role in Police Academy 3. The reason he was available to do Aliens instead when he did get the part was that they wanted him to sign on for both Police Academy 3 and 4 which slowed down negotiations so that he was available when Aliens came through.

All of the best Hudson lines from Aliens were ad-libbed by Bill Paxton. He recalled when they were shooting a scene, James Cameron asked him about the line regarding the elevator he had come up with in rehearsal. That line was "express elevator to hell, going down" which is one of many he introduced that ended up in the movie.
Post 368 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Guy in the Cleveland area made these for his front yard.

Post 369 IP   flag post
Double Cover goodness. Highest graded D.C. for this issue I'm aware of, though I really wish this info was tracked on GPA without a sale in order to get it recorded as a D.C.
Purchased this raw on the CGC forum around 6 years ago. The seller didn't know it was a D.C. when he listed it, but stuck by his listed price once he discovered his oversight. Told me I was going to be pleasantly surprised when it arrived.
Boy, was I! I thought he meant bright white pages, or something like that lol.

Anyway, I think it's pretty cool, and the envy of at least 1 die-hard D.C. Spidey collector I know of. I've considered selling it to him in the past when thinking of my other expensive collection needs, but I no longer need to (yay).

Post 370 IP   flag post
Collector jdangerc private msg quote post Address this user

Post 371 IP   flag post
Those are cool!
Post 372 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher
just some random cool/funny stuff ...

Is this picture some indication that Galactus arrived?
Post 373 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I think this is neat.

A promo Marvel "first aid" kit branded with a Marvel promo cover image. Also, some notepad blocks branded with the same custom Marvel promo comic image.

I'm not sure if an actual comic was made, but there is a pdf of of the comic and I think the comic may have been available as a fold out poster.

Post 374 IP   flag post
@X51 Is this picture some indication Galactus arrived?

I wasn't sure at first, but now I'm certain.

Post 375 IP   flag post
Collector CEPubDude private msg quote post Address this user

These are "smalleys". 2x3 inch air brush paintings by my buddy Paul Knipfer in Salem Oregon. He also does covers for some of our CE Publishing books...
Post 376 IP   flag post
An un-effing-believably generous gift from Pre_Coder a few years back (in another incarnation) that I hope to repay in kind very soon :popcorn:
He knew I'd crack it for Mike to sign. Thank you forever, buddy!

Post 377 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@MR_SigS - Damn, a King Kirby signature. Nice! Are there any Kirby books that you don’t have?
Post 378 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Cool! I've got one of those too

Post 379 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@MR_SigS - Damn, a King Kirby signature. Nice! Are there any Kirby books that you don’t have?

Thanks! And yes, far too many
Post 380 IP   flag post
601246 999 30