Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool4299

Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
I was rummaging through an "old" box of my comics when these caught my eye.

Post 326 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
If you look really hard, you can see Stan Lee sleeping
Post 327 IP   flag post
Collector Topsykrets private msg quote post Address this user
A picture I did last week

Post 328 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
LOTS OF COOLNESS, EVERYONE!!

Post 329 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@DavidM I'm jealous! Punisher #102 is extremely hard to find with a clean white cover; that one looks fairly good, even with a little bit of yellowing at the edges. Most of the 102's I've seen have been deep into the yellow spectrum; so that's a beaut.
Post 330 IP   flag post

Collector Dshel61 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 331 IP   flag post

Post 332 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
just some random cool/funny stuff ...including a hulk 1 that I passed on back in 2015...kickin myself now. guessing you guys could find out what it went for with your tech savvy skills

Post 333 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
My other obsession.

Post 334 IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
Medieval Spawn commission by artist Chris Stevens. He just sent me a pic of the finished product, I'm amazed. Definitely worth the price.

Post 335 IP   flag post
Fast growing wall of OA.

Post 336 IP   flag post
The time I had the pleasure of watching Coffy and then meeting (and hugging) the lovely, living legend, Pam Grier.

Post 337 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
From a group of snapshots taken at the 1972 ABC Promotional Party.
Karl Malden & Michael Douglas for "Streets Of San Francisco".

mm
Post 338 IP   flag post
Here's one of Shirley Jones for the "Partridge Family".

mm
Post 339 IP   flag post
Here's one of David Janssen for an ABC "Movie Of The Week".
He's talking to James Farentino from the same movie.

mm
Post 340 IP   flag post
Julie Andrews with husband Blake Edwards.

mm
Post 341 IP   flag post

Post 342 IP   flag post
Man of Steel variant action figure?

Post 343 IP   flag post
...and an OA by Maus - "Zen"

Post 344 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user

Post 345 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Large size comic from 1973:

Post 346 IP   flag post
Anyone else have this one? Another large format comic. I ordered it directly from Ontario Press.

Post 347 IP   flag post
My Batman wallet from 1966:

Post 348 IP   flag post
Collector gman private msg quote post Address this user

Post 349 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

How cool is that and in fantastic shape too. That's the same image used on the Batman Aurora model kit from the 60's.

Post 350 IP   flag post
Collector Silentstrider private msg quote post Address this user

Post 351 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foghorn_Sam
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

How cool is that and in fantastic shape too. That's the same image used on the Batman Aurora model kit from the 60's.

It's actually pretty beat up (especially inside), but I was 6 years old when I got it! I remember the Aurora models, but didn't realize that it was the same art. Thanks for pointing that out.
Post 352 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastbard
This one makes me a sad, but it is "something cool"... I worked with Bill Paxton and the creative team on this book to get it edited, lettered, pre-pressed, and released a few years ago. I only managed to get a couple of copies the year he appeared at SDCC at our booth, so I have one copy signed by Bill... My wife and I still have a voice mail saved on our machine from when he used to call our house regularly to work through some of the issues on the lettering, dialogue, and such. Still can't believe he's gone!

I was in the front row for the NYCC when Bill and his team were promoting the graphic novel. I got a print signed by Bill and others for asking a question and got to shake his hand when he gave me the print.

I asked a two part question. First I asked if his memorable lines from Aliens were ad-libbed or scripted. Second I asked when he got the script how he went about bringing the character of Hudson to life.

I think he answered the questions in the opposite order. Bill did not think he was going to get the part and was up for a role in Police Academy 3. The reason he was available to do Aliens instead when he did get the part was that they wanted him to sign on for both Police Academy 3 and 4 which slowed down negotiations so that he was available when Aliens came through.

All of the best Hudson lines from Aliens were ad-libbed by Bill Paxton. He recalled when they were shooting a scene, James Cameron asked him about the line regarding the elevator he had come up with in rehearsal. That line was "express elevator to hell, going down" which is one of many he introduced that ended up in the movie.
Post 353 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user

Post 354 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos

Nice placement of the pricing card!!!
Post 355 IP   flag post
598060 999 30