Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedComics Golden AgeComics Silver AgeQuestions

NEW CGC HOLDER TO CBCS 20% OFF til July 1st429

Collector Happylemon private msg quote post Address this user
Why can't people see the regrade part of the statement? Is this one of them new optical illusions?
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector nadabig private msg quote post Address this user
Yes. By all means. Offer a discount to draw more business in while you are running behind on promised turnarounds.

On top of that, offer nothing to folks that submitted books at a time when every tier was reportedly on time, and then change that to a 5-7 business day delay while taking no action for your current customers.

Yes, I am one of said customers.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector TheComicDoJo private msg quote post Address this user
@happylemon this was one of my first posts in the forum. Still getting used to it, it was already long so I just wanted to ask. No optical illusion
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector TheMaxx private msg quote post Address this user
I have 2 that just came today. The problem has not been solved. I want to resubmit these to CBCS. I'm afraid of any further damage due to the case, can I remove them and send just the label with the books in order to get the 20%
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector TheComicDoJo private msg quote post Address this user

Here's my book I'll be bringing to Awesome Con tomorrow to take advantage of this deal but to also protect my favorite comic book in my collection.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComicDoJo

Here's my book I'll be bringing to Awesome Con tomorrow to take advantage of this deal but to also protect my favorite comic book in my collection.

Wow!!! I gotta ask, are you going to have it pressed first? Or just get it regraded?
Post 56 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@TheComicDoJo Do you have hi-res scans of the front/back covers and spine prior to encapsulation that you can show?

I'm not interested in seeing the wavies, they are obviously there and I am very sorry you and so many others are having to deal with such incompetent shit. I'm more interested in having a good gander at the entire spine plus the corners... if you don't mind.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector TheMaxx private msg quote post Address this user

. This is from today! Both books look like this. I really want to take them out to see how much damage has been done. Would like to take advantage of the regrade, but I don't want to risk more damage by leaving them like this. Money lost, and money wasted.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector jsilverjanet private msg quote post Address this user
any update from WW Philly/Phoenix/Awesome Con on CGC books being subbed?
Post 59 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
@TheMaxx This is from Dallas Fan Expo, earlier today (Heritage Auction booth display)

Please Note: I wanted to crop the image to better demonstrate the extent of the accordion effect in this example. Alas, I'm working from my iPad on the road so editing images is severely compromised and imaging size limits on this board prevents further enhancement. However, so far both of these images are posted in the new holder thread over on the other board to good effect.

'Nuff said.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector MetalPSI private msg quote post Address this user
Will yellow label cgc be transferred to red if reholdered?

Sorry if this has been asked before
Post 61 IP   flag post
Collector shiftins6 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadabig
Yes. By all means. Offer a discount to draw more business in while you are running behind on promised turnarounds.

On top of that, offer nothing to folks that submitted books at a time when every tier was reportedly on time, and then change that to a 5-7 business day delay while taking no action for your current customers.

If I said I didn't agree with you partially i'd be lying.
Post 62 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalPSI

No, if submitted still in the case, it will get a yellow CBCS label. However, it will be regraded.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftins6
Quote:

A little more time to wait? Oh noes, I suppose I'd rather have my books damaged by someone else...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:

No, if submitted still in the case, it will get a yellow CBCS label. However, it will be regraded.

Thanks. Good stuff
Post 64 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

A little more time to wait? Oh noes, I suppose I'd rather have my books damaged by someone else...

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks. Good stuff

I don't like waiting. Get off my ass.
Post 65 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks. Good stuff

I don't like waiting. Get off my ass.

lol Deal with it.
Post 66 IP   flag post
It still baffles me how people would rather have a rushed, inferior product, than have a little time pass and get something that is refined.
Post 67 IP   flag post
Yes because if CBCS sent me my slabs on time they would surely be lacking in some quality. Go get a life.
Post 68 IP   flag post
Quote:
Yes because if CBCS sent me my slabs on time they would surely be lacking in some quality. Go get a life.

You insulting me on a comic book forum, yes I need a life
Post 69 IP   flag post
Moderator The_Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Metal, just leave him be. He's frustrated with the TATs, and that's understandable. People want to vent their frustrations and know that their voices have been heard
Post 70 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I mailed some books down there this morning with the belief that they would be graded, slabbed and sent back to me by lunch. What's the status?
Post 71 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
It still baffles me how people would rather have a rushed, inferior product, than have a little time pass and get something that is refined.

Same here! I'm just not comprehending it.
Post 72 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
I mailed some books down there this morning with the belief that they would be graded, slabbed and sent back to me by lunch. What's the status?

DAMN!.. You haven't received your books back yet?

WTF!!!
Post 73 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley

DAMN!.. You haven't received your books back yet?

WTF!!!

Post 74 IP   flag post
My apologies if my wanting paid services rendered in the time frame that was promised offends anyone.

I thought the fact that I didn't set the standard or post the expected turnaround, and that I contacted said service provider to confirm these times, that I was coming from a perspective of complete reasonability.
Post 75 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
@nadabig Don't worry about these guys too much. I understand that you have certain expectations and I don't blame you. The thing is that grading companies almost always run behind. It's the nature of the beast. A few extra days here and there doesn't add up to much when one has waited up to six months or longer for a submission. Some of us have been grading books for years and have forgotten what the anticipation was like when we first started submitting.
Post 76 IP   flag post
@nadabig This is just my opinion, but if CBCS is producing what many collectors and dealers consider the superior product (after CGC's switch to an ambitious holder that's plagued by a series of ongoing problems) we should expect slower turnaround times for awhile. Presumably the slowdown may be the result of a major uptick in CBCS submissions. CBCS might have to expand the size of their operations to meet the new demands. I don't know this for certain, but if it is the case, these adjustments take time. Given the complexities of the new normal, a little more patience would be my advice. Just sayin'.
Post 77 IP   flag post
A little back story.

I'm a long time Batman fan, but I dislike collecting the books as it takes a full time commitment and investment that a father of 3 cannot find. Comic collecting was not encouraged or in some senses allowed when I was growing up.

So I recently dove back in and my primary focus is Walking Dead as it is a great series and to obtain the full run is reasonably attainable. So one of my books that I am waiting on will be my first graded TWD book, and one that will be desirable..#108. I'm not flipping it. I had it since before the craze started and outside of my #19 (VF at best and not worth grading) it is the "coolest" book in my TWD collection so far if it comes back a 9.8.

Another is a Lady M variant with only 200 copies. A mostly white cover that I have in pristine condition. There won't be many 9.8s of that one I don't think.

So long story short, I don't like to complicate my collecting. It is starting to seem that grading is making it unpleasant. These may not be prized books to the common collector, but they to me. And I don't like having them in the hands of others if I can help it.
Post 78 IP   flag post
@nadabig I know where you're coming from on prized collectibles. I'm much the same way. After getting to know Steve Borock the past five years or so and meeting West at SDCC, I felt very comfortable entrusting my books with CBCS. Several of my books are extremely rare high grade GA, which would make anyone antsy about handing 'em over to a new company. Also, some of them were already in CGC holders and didn't necessarily require a reholder, but the clarity of the CBCS design convinced me. So far, I've not been disappointed.

Sorry if I sounded a bit like an infomercial (I'm not Australian, ...honest).
Post 79 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
A little back story.

I'm a long time Batman fan, but I dislike collecting the books as it takes a full time commitment and investment that a father of 3 cannot find. Comic collecting was not encouraged or in some senses allowed when I was growing up.

So I recently dove back in and my primary focus is Walking Dead as it is a great series and to obtain the full run is reasonably attainable. So one of my books that I am waiting on will be my first graded TWD book, and one that will be desirable..#108. I'm not flipping it. I had it since before the craze started and outside of my #19 (VF at best and not worth grading) it is the "coolest" book in my TWD collection so far if it comes back a 9.8.

Another is a Lady M variant with only 200 copies. A mostly white cover that I have in pristine condition. There won't be many 9.8s of that one I don't think.

So long story short, I don't like to complicate my collecting. It is starting to seem that grading is making it unpleasant. These may not be prized books to the common collector, but they to me. And I don't like having them in the hands of others if I can help it.

@nadabig I thank you for choosing CBCS to certify your comics, and I apologize for the delay in getting them back to you. We are currently running a little behind due to the start of convention season.

We are working on additional procedures and website automation on our end that will help keep the delays to a minimum. We are committed to staying on top of the turnarounds and will not let ourselves get behind as badly as we were this time last year. Everyone at CBCS worked hard to get the turnarounds caught up. Our employees are also comic collectors and we've all been in your shoes. We understand what it's like to wait months to get your books back, and we want to keep delays to a minimum.

In the meantime, I can assure you that your books are in very good hands. We have a huge vault that all books are stored in when they're not being directly worked on. They're in a box in our vault waiting to be graded.

We appreciate your patience and understanding, and just know that we will get your books shipped back to you as quickly as we can.
Post 80 IP   flag post
601204 150 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.