Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

Must-Have Collected Editions4260

Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
The Complete Frank Miller Batman

Summary:
The title may be a little out of date but it does mean you're getting some of Miller's classic Batman stories without any of the Dark Knight Strikes Again or All-Star Batman and Robin nonsense. The book is nicely bound in leather like the kind of book you'd keep in a study complete with marbled end sheets and foil-gilded edges.

Bonuses:
The book includes and introduction by Richard Brunning, some thoughts behind the Dark Knight Returns from Frank Miller, and an essay on Batman and Frank Miller's take on the character from Alan Moore.

Contents:

Batman
#404-407 (Batman: Year One)

DC Special Series
#21 (Wanted: Santa Claus Dead or Alive ; illustrated by Miller)

Dark Knight Returns
#1-4

I love this book, one of my favorite collectibles. Well made and I had it signed by Miller.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user

Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user

I love these else worlds stories.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
I just finished reading through this a few days ago

Stacked Deck: The Greatest Joker Stories Ever Told - Expanded Edition

Summary:
The companion book to Longmeadow’s Complete Frank Miller Batman (see above), this book presents, in chronological order, many great Joker stories that chronicle the character’s development and evolution across 50 years from his first appearance to 1987. Noticably missing is The Killing Joke which, I’d imagine, DC would rather sell separately.

Bonuses:
The book begins with a foreword by Denny O’Neil, followed by an introduction to the collection by Mike Gold. Following the stories is an Afterword by Dick Giordano, followed by end notes by Mark Waid, giving an overview of the Joker’s history beyond what was able to be included in the collection. The book closes with brief biographies of the stories’ creators by Brian Augustyn.

Contents:

Batman
#1, 4, 63, 73, 74, 110, 159, 163, 251, 321, 353,

Joker and The Sparrow newspaper strip

Detective Comics
168, 475, 476, 569, 570

World’s Finest Comics
61, 88

Batman Kellog’s Special

The Brave and the Bold

The Joker

I've been meaning to pick this one up for a while. Every copy I see on e-bay is either tore up or rather pricy.
Post 29 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim The cheapest copy on ebay right now is about $30 if you don't mind some spotting.

I paid about $25 for mine a couple of years ago
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite Thanks for the heads up. I'll check it out, but I'm about to drop a couple hundred minimum on another pair of books. I do wanna pick it up in the near future, though.
Post 31 IP   flag post
600892 31 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?