Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
MemorabiliaPop Culture

After searching for months!4256

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
So, as fellow collectors, I'm sure you've found certain items to be especially elusive. This makes it that much sweeter when you finally track it down, right?!

My wife and I have a tradition of giving each other our bigger ticket Anniversary gifts well ahead of the the actual date. We can't seem to hold out. We want to see the other react to their present.

We usually have smaller, more personal, sentimental gifts we give on the day of. Well, a few months ago, she told me her favorite short story is "Bernice Bobs Her Hair" by F. Scott Fitzgerald.

I decided I'd try & track down a first edition of this story. Turns out, it was first published in an issue of the Saturday Evening Post in 1920.

I looked for a while before deciding to add it to my list of alerts on e-bay. Today, after months of searching & waiting, a copy finally went up for sale. The seller agreed to a Buy it Now price & it's finally on its way!

It's probably only in Good/Good + condition, but I'm glad it'll be here in time for our 5th!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Tdog13 private msg quote post Address this user
Nice to see you got her something so thoughtful. Congrats on the Saturday Evening Post and your upcoming anniversary!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Sirtoddington private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome! Congrats!
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Thats awesome, congrats man
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Good work brother! Congrats on the find, I'm sure your wife will be absolutely thrilled
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thanks @Thanatos, I hope so!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
Isn't it nice being able to do a search, that in the old days, would have been VERY difficult at best?
Great to have someone you can share tastes & interests with. Good reason to give her a surprise warm hug, even without telling her why.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@det_tobor True. Finding out where it was first published would have been tricky without the internet. Tracking the issue down in the wild? Now that's a daunting proposition.
Post 9 IP   flag post
601342 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?