Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

NCW-Grab um and Slab um4252

Collector NilesPaine private msg quote post Address this user
Its that time again guys and gals. New Comic Wednesday!!!! What's the community looking forward to and what's on the old grab bag list??

Myself I'll be picking up all the Venom stuff because Marvel has me in their palm and I'm a sucker.
The one I'm interested most however though and sounds like a good read is

Also that is just a gorgeous cover!
Sound off!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector DarthKribs private msg quote post Address this user

Looking forward to a new character!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Grayspeedster private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthKribs

Really? Do new characters in TWD typically have good reception? More importantly do TWD first appearances tend to rise in value?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayspeedster
@DarthKribs

Really? Do new characters in TWD typically have good reception? More importantly do TWD first appearances tend to rise in value?

Lots of hype around this one. It could end up in the show. The governor, Michone, king zeek..
Post 4 IP   flag post
I think itd be good for both. They could both use a little spark. . .
Post 5 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@DarthKribs

Abraham, Ezekiel, Jesus, and Magda all got bumps. On the early books Hershel, Michhone, Governor, and Tyrese are / were a big deal.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Also Astonishing X men has actually been a really good read, so also looking forward to that.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthKribs
Quote:
@DarthKribs

Lots of hype around this one. It could end up in the show. The governor, Michone, king zeek..

Thank you,

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:
@DarthKribs

Abraham, Ezekiel, Jesus, and Magda all got bumps. On the early books Hershel, Michhone, Governor, and Tyrese are / were a big deal.

Thank you and Pulled!!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Not sure if your LCS uses comixology to link your account to the online previews and they're store but mine does. I can add and drop both singles and titles, edit quantity and view both previews and pull data! It's a small number probably 10-15% of all comic sales but it's cool!

Post 9 IP   flag post
hmmm i'll have to ask them when I go in today. I use that just to see whats coming up but I wasn't aware LCS could link an account! Thanks for the heads up. Great site for everything in one area and reading little synopsis too.

EDIT: I like this idea only because my LCS doesn't really have a way to look at your pull list save for going into the store so. . .
Post 10 IP   flag post
@NilesPaine

Exactly, it's nice to see what titles your subbed to and being able to add anytime is clutch!

Definitely check out League of Comic Geeks

My go to sites lol:
CBCS Forum
LoCG
TotalComicMayhem
Comixology Pullist
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 12 IP   flag post
Look at it!!!
Post 13 IP   flag post
I think I'm going to drive around and buy them all up lol! Maybe leave 1 at each spot!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpiercy

Quote:

AH! Pink Sig. Nice pick up!!!! Already going for 60!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Yah, mine is already sold. 🤑
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Yah, mine is already sold. 🤑

Skipped the Slab and went right for the grab. I can respect that. Unless there's two copies
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
I think I'm going to drive around and buy them all up lol! Maybe leave 1 at each spot!

I'm hoping to get at least 2 of any. @dpiercy got a nice grab. supposedly has extra story content too
Post 18 IP   flag post
7 pages extra according to my LCS
Post 19 IP   flag post
Just found a shop with Cover A and B! My 1st TWD books and I don't think I'm going to sell these! I think I'll let this be the start of a new collection!!!!
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Just found a shop with Cover A and B! My 1st TWD books and I don't think I'm going to sell these! I think I'll let this be the start of a new collection!!!!

you will not be disappointed. The TWD got me back into collecting comic books again. Enjoy!
Post 21 IP   flag post
After 5min of thinking about it, I don't care about variants so I'll just sell Cover B to fund buying more books. I'll buy as many as I can and sell them to boarders for half what the 2nd top sold price is! I hate feebay and refuse to use it!
Post 22 IP   flag post
Keep in mind it isn't just WD 171 cover B; it is cvrB w/the pink sig. That is the one with the extra pages and was 1 or 2 per store.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector rckstr1253 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the heads up guys. I got 3 of the pink signature variants. Hopefully it blows up in value after i send them in for grading
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
For a first week in the month it is actually a fairly weak week. Not much for me I care about this week.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
For a first week in the month it is actually a fairly weak week. Not much for me I care about this week.

That was last week for me. Somehow I still dropped 20 bucks though
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Keep in mind it isn't just WD 171 cover B; it is cvrB w/the pink sig. That is the one with the extra pages and was 1 or 2 per store.

$&%@!?!? Are you kidding me? I just drove over 3 hours round trip, bought 3 cover B and 2 cover A! No Pink!!! I had no idea I was supposed to lookout for this pink signature crap!!! Jesus I am so frustrated!

Well on to the next overhyped book!
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

$&%@!?!? Are you kidding me? I just drove over 3 hours round trip, bought 3 cover B and 2 cover A! No Pink!!! I had no idea I was supposed to lookout for this pink signature crap!!! Jesus I am so frustrated!

Yeah. This stuff happens so fast. That would be frustrating.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Eh don't be too frustrated. There's usually always an aftermarket for TWD. First app too. Just hold on to them. Either people will want it down the road or if they put her on the show off the reception of this book you'll see that thing tick tick tick!
Post 29 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
So yesterday I spent over three hours waiting while my car was repaired and decided "screw it, I will just order from Midtown". I plan to complete my order this morning but there is a limit of one per cover and the signature cover is not available.

I may try a couple stores today but it could be a waste of time. If anyone knows an online source for these signed covers, please share.
Post 30 IP   flag post
600771 55 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?