Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector XxSpideyxX private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all.
This is my first time submitting a comic to any professional grading company and I am excited to have my favorite comic preserved in a way that I can display it and hold it without feeling I am damaging it
I had a question about the processing time:
The comic arrived yesterday according to USPS (it was signed for) but CBCS has not yet updated the status to inform me of such. I was curious if anyone has a ballpark on when they are able to process shipments, update status, etc. I paid for the 1 business day grading turn-around just because I am a tad excited, but I realize that processing is not included in that equation.
Thank you!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
In my experience, but I was paying for a longer service, I got notification usually same day of arrival but both times my package arrived early. It can take about a day to appear in the online system. After that the notifications come usually quickly until shipping where your package is usually on the road by the time you get notification of it having shipped.

YMMV.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thank you Oxbladder. Are you notified of the grade before it ships?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSpideyxX
Thank you Oxbladder. Are you notified of the grade before it ships?

You are notified of the grade the evening that it is actually shipped.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
there MAY just be a bit of a delay if Florida gets hit by IRMA.
Keep the possibility in mind.
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by det_tobor

CBCS is backed up right now. The company that produces it's outer holders is in Houston so there is a backlog in the encapsulation phase (I have an order of 2-day moderns that they've had for over a week).

And yes, there is hurricane Irma to worry about.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Quote:
Originally Posted by det_tobor

CBCS is backed up right now. The company that produces it's outer holders is in Houston so there is a backlog in the encapsulation phase (I have an order of 2-day moderns that they've had for over a week).

And yes, there is hurricane Irma to worry about.

The company that manufacturers the outer holders is in Houston? How long is the projected wait for the whatever the delay is that might be causing? Also, how did you find that out?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Nevermind, all worked out well.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
FYI - there's an update at the top of the forum page.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Towmater I called Customer Service
Post 10 IP   flag post
Thank you for all the help guys. Typically (ignoring hurricane-related delays) how long after being notified the comic has entered the grading stage does it take to have it packaged in the case and shipped?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Thank you for all the help guys. Typically (ignoring hurricane-related delays) how long after being notified the comic has entered the grading stage does it take to have it packaged in the case and shipped?

THAT depends on the service time you paid for. Consider how many thousands of collectors have submitted large numbers of comics to be reviewed and stabbed.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:

Normally, once an order has entered grading, it only takes a few days, depending on the number of books in the order. I usually expect a week or two from getting the grading notification until the books have shipped and the grades are available online.
Post 13 IP   flag post
600698 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?