Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Jackal42 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm a long time collector just getting in to slabbed books. How does cbcs handle grading error books? Do they acknowledge the errors on the label? I have one recent with a printing/cutting error and one from a few years ago I'm considering having signed & slabbed.
Post 1 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Jackal42 - CBCS does list recognized and/or recognizable errors on their labels. They will also slab double covers (or more) and list the grade of each cover on the slab. Here's my only slabbed error comic so far.

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo awesome book. That's crazy.
Post 3 IP   flag post
The one I want signed is the missing die cut mask cover for new 52 suicide squad 14, it is a known error.
Post 4 IP   flag post

this is a new one from 2 weeks ago, not all of them were this obvious. The white bar is not supposed to be part of the cover and that is the first page past the white bar.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Does a printing / cutting error generally detract from the grade? I have a GA book that has this ... two pages in the middle, looks like the paper got folded over on one corner before it was cut. So it can be unfolded, but to do that would make it stick out past the corner of the book (about an inch or so, side and bottom).

I understand that small manufacturing errors are ignored in most grades, but this is pretty large. What do you guys think?
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@Tedsaid There are so many different variables it's hard to say without actually sending it in and seeing what grade they give it.
Post 7 IP   flag post
597868 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?