Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeQuestions

Metal Aspen Variants?4220

Collector Zarbongo private msg quote post Address this user
So I'm thinking about picking up the Metal Aspen variants and wanted to get some opinions. Worth 100 for the set? Is the "printing defect" going to drive up collectibility or is it just BS hype? Thoughts overall about Metal and its appreciation in the future? Probability that I'll get a 9.6 or above? I realize there's no right answer. Just looking for opinions from the collecting community.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector VictorCreed private msg quote post Address this user
I picked up 2 sets of the 3 pack from the Aspen table here at Fan Expo Canada.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector rckstr1253 private msg quote post Address this user
I likea few of these but im burnt out on variants and im starting to think the "some of our stock was messed up in shipping" is a way to make this seem more rare than it is. I remember they said the same about the harley quinn pink variants from dell otto.
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
The printer problem reduced the print run of the 3 pack to 750 and it sold out within hours of that news hitting. At this point, unless you can pick up some from a Con before Aspen runs out of their con stock the only option is the secondary market.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorCreed
I picked up 2 sets of the 3 pack from the Aspen table here at Fan Expo Canada.
I also got two sets. They are already signed by Stegerwald, Snyder, and Capullo. I plan to add Glapion at NYCC.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user

Post 6 IP   flag post
Them some big windows.
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
There were some amazing variants at Capullos and Snyders table. Almost bought the Red Jock virgin, Tyler Kirkman, Tim Broadstreet, Gabriel Del Otto and Martina covers but alas I didn't not have enough money left overs
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector neyko private msg quote post Address this user
I love these.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine
There were some amazing variants at Capullos and Snyders table. Almost bought the Red Jock virgin, Tyler Kirkman, Tim Broadstreet, Gabriel Del Otto and Martina covers but alas I didn't not have enough money left overs

My impulse buy at the end of the Con were two of the Dell Otto virgin covers. Capullo had signed them and I was lining up for King and Snyder so I go Snyder as well. Also, the handler knew me from the previous signings so he hooked me up even though the line was capped. Buying the two exclusives didn't hurt my case either.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@drchaos You have a Campbell signature on a Dell'Otto virgin Metal?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Meant Capullo. If you knew the day I had I was lucky I found the forum at all when I got home.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Meant Capullo. If you knew the day I had I was lucky I found the forum at all when I got home.

Now it makes more sense.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user

Capullo and Snyder were $20 each for sigs. Steigerwald didn't charge but I gave him a $20 for signing all six books, professional respect.

Post 14 IP   flag post
Those covers are almost too pretty to be scribbled all over.
Post 15 IP   flag post
598060 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?