Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Modern AgeQuestions

Marvel Value Stamp Sticker4214

COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
So the new Marvel Value Stamp program will be a sticker (first coming on the non-lenticular version of the legacy books).

It's not a cut-out live the old MVS. It doesn't affect the story. Assuming all other things equal, will the removal of this sticker from the book affect the grade?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Yes
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Yes. Because removing a digital code sticker affects grade.
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Marvel is dumb.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector NilesPaine private msg quote post Address this user
@JLS_Comics
AH CRAP, so is it exclusive to non lenticular only?? I was REALLY trying to avoid buying 5 copies of each book
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
9.6 max grade possible with missing sticker
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Marvel is dumb.
. No, this is brilliant. Now you'll have to buy two of each issue...one such that you can collect the value stamp, the other to keep,the value of the comic! Now they need to have variant stamps so people will buy multiples of variant covers...
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector NilesPaine private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Marvel is dumb.
. No, this is brilliant. Now you'll have to buy two of each issue...one such that you can collect the value stamp, the other to keep,the value of the comic! Now they need to have variant stamps so people will buy multiples of variant covers...

DO NOT give them ideas. Lurkers!
Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
What is the purpose of accumulating the stickers? Would whatever benefit you get for that, be worth the four or five bucks a pop for each sticker?

I really don't know. I could of course google it, but it is so much more fun finding out from y'all.

I have never collected or accumulated stickers. But I was a member of the Merry Marvel Marching Society back in the day. I don't remember getting any benefit from it though, other than being a member and receiving the membership package.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
@conditionfreak

Valiant started this in the early 90s and those mail-always can be coveted and sought after.

Hot wheels does a gimmick like this when they do K-Mart days...but 20 cars, get one free exclusive.

Is thinks similar to the "incentive" copies we see regularly?

It is just another way to make money and the collectors ask "Why?"

Stuff like this makes me jump ship from comics at times, because it takes focus away from the art and stories.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Archie10cent private msg quote post Address this user
I'll pass on the Marvel stickers. I am done with all the variant craze at this point. That is for younger generations. I had did my time back when MVS stickers were inside BA comics.
Post 11 IP   flag post
600891 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?