Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

GRAIL CALL! Veng of Vampirella #1 Royal Blue4192

Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
My precious... After stalking eBay (and the internet in general) for what seems like forever I have finally found you! The buyer was cool enough to overnight it, it's in USPS possession, and it will be in my hands tomorrow morning. I could not wait that long to post about it though because I am just that excited! This one is going to definitely be a CBCS 2-Day Modern submission.

For those of you who don't know the story behind the book: http://www.recalledcomics.com/VengeanceOfVampirella1Blue.php

Here are the auction pictures!
Vengeance of Vampirella #1 Royal Blue

Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Congrats! 🍺
Post 2 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Very nice!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Damn that is an awesome cover! Congrats on the grail!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
OUTSTANDING!

Really, fantastic. Well worth the price paid. I sold a complete Royal Blue set, only missing #0, about 4-5 years ago, for about that price, and have regretted it ever since.

Such a tough book.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I love 2-Day Modern! She is shipping back to me today, but I got the image option so that I could have the picture early.

I will say that I wish they put "Royal Blue Edition" on the label since that's the official name of the variant. Instead they wrote "Second Printing" and "Blue foil wraparound cover."

Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Did it get the grade you expected?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Did it get the grade you expected?

So it had a bend on the back cover that was hard to photo. The cardstock cover probably can't be pressed, so as-is I expected a 9.0 or 9.2.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Nothing to sneeze at with a book that rare.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
I had to buy a gold one after seeing yours. Royal Blue is just a dream.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
OUTSTANDING Vampirella! Congratulations!

You can Never go wrong with her!

Here's a favorite of mine:

Post 11 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkga Congrats! Tough book and a tasteful cover as well.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
i have all the ver, Red foil (first print), aquamarine (second print) and gold foil (limited to 500 copies)but that one, i remember seeing this back in the day at my Local comics shop in NY, they had a stack of them,(this may have been a printer error) as i remember there where a few, and my have been returned for a correct ver. but i did not pick it up, as they where 2nd prints of the book like the aquamarine.
Post 13 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Very nice book!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
OUTSTANDING Vampirella! Congratulations!

You can Never go wrong with her!

Here's a favorite of mine:

No doubt, and that Dave Stevens cover is also one of my favorites.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
I had to buy a gold one after seeing yours. Royal Blue is just a dream.

Sorry to be a bad influence.
Post 16 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkga
I love 2-Day Modern! She is shipping back to me today, but I got the image option so that I could have the picture early.

I will say that I wish they put "Royal Blue Edition" on the label since that's the official name of the variant. Instead they wrote "Second Printing" and "Blue foil wraparound cover."

Your book is labeled incorrectly. Give us a call next week and we will get it fixed for you.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkga

Your book is labeled incorrectly. Give us a call next week and we will get it fixed for you.

Thanks Steve! I actually have three other mislabeled books that I had been waiting to send in as well, but I did not know if I should create a re-holder invoice for them or just include a note with copies of the emails from customer service. What's the best course of action? Thanks!
Post 18 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know. Call the office and ask how they want you to do it. The Vampi book is definitely labeled with the incorrect variant and needs to be fixed. You'll have to ask about the other books.
Post 19 IP   flag post
598076 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?