Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Has ANYBODY seen?!?!? The illusive comic4191

Collector rckstr1253 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkga
I just posted my own thread, but might as well get on this one too. I just bought this baby; Vengeance of Vampirella #1 Royal Blue. 1 of 100 printed and rarely offered for sale.

Wowzer i have this version and the red versiin
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstr1253
Quote:
I just posted my own thread, but might as well get on this one too. I just bought this baby; Vengeance of Vampirella #1 Royal Blue. 1 of 100 printed and rarely offered for sale.

Are you sure your don't have the aquamarine/green 2nd printing? If you have a true Royal Blue version I'd definitely take it off your hands. You can never have too many comics.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Are you sure your don't have the aquamarine/green 2nd printing? If you have a true Royal Blue version I'd definitely take it off your hands. You can never have too many comics.

Hmm i gotta dig it out. I believe it was dark bluish to purplish looking in color.
Post 28 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hmm i gotta dig it out. I believe it was dark bluish to purplish looking in color.

:rooting for another longbox legend moment:
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You're telling me... I even posted a WTB thread for this book some months ago on here. @rckstr1253 may have had it all this time, lol.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector NilesPaine private msg quote post Address this user
Haha see!!!!!!!! These guys are hiding out all over the place. Right under our noses! Hopefully @rckstr1253 finds some buried treasure. How are you guys storing your slabs anyway?? I haven't decided on a way yet. Some on display, or all tucked away??
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I remember when this came out. I saw it and liked the cover much better than the regular version. It's probably the only Harris comic I'd buy now. I'd only buy one if the price was reasonable. I wouldn't go out of my way to look for one.
Post 32 IP   flag post
I'm probably the only one who cares, but this comic was limited to 75 copies.
I ordered it from the publisher when it came out.

After some correspondence, he sent me a printer error copy where the black foil was put over the cover laid out without the word balloon as a non-foil version. Slight coloring differences are evident too.
The comic was only solicited within a fake ad and only 30 were offered for sale.

Post 33 IP   flag post
I bought this from a creator.
Although 1100 were supposedly published, it was given to non-comic collectors that worked for Broadway Video Edit division of Broadway Video. It had a 4 page coloring section. Only about a dozen have ever surfaced for sale. Chuck Rozanski told me he sold his 9.2 graded copy for roughly $1200. I paid much less.

Post 34 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Although 1100 were supposedly published, it was given to non-comic collectors that worked for Broadway Video Edit division of Broadway Video. It had a 4 page coloring section. Only about a dozen have ever surfaced for sale. Chuck Rozanski told me he sold his 9.2 graded copy for roughly $1200. I paid much less.

Whoa look at this! Some linework there. Do you know who produced that or was it a random shot for the company??
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You're telling me... I even posted a WTB thread for this book some months ago on here. @rckstr1253 may have had it all this time, lol.

Lol dont rush to judgement yet, it might be the teal for all i know. I some reason remember it being darker blue but i am slightly colored blind
Post 36 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilesPaine
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

Whoa look at this! Some linework there. Do you know who produced that or was it a random shot for the company??

It was produced by Broadway Comics (1995-1996) which was an offshoot of Broadway Video. Broadway Comics was owned by Lorne Michaels of Saturday Night Live fame. Lorne Michaels sold Broadway and the new owners shut down the comic publishing in 1996. The artist was Ernie Colón who did most of his work at Harvey Comics. He worked for many companies and he's a well respected artist.
Post 37 IP   flag post
@X51
I believe it that's great work. I'll have to check his other stuff. Thanks for sharing!!!
Post 38 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@rckstr1253 also has a book in his possession that I'll probably be hounding him about for the next 10 years.
Post 39 IP   flag post
@DarthLego LOL oh ye care to tell or is it too super secret exclusive?? If a PM seems safer I'm curious to know what it is
Post 40 IP   flag post
@comicsheatingup
it DOES exist
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Venom-12-Venom-Variant-1-50-NM-Rare-/332245262795?rmvSB=true&nma=true&si=AN6TGuGNIf2ejiq6QH%252BvAPgcpdQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I'll bet this thing shows up maybe once a year or so online. . .
Post 41 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Only graded copy.

mm
Post 42 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@DarthLego LOL oh ye care to tell or is it too super secret exclusive?? If a PM seems safer I'm curious to know what it is

@Darth never lets us know what he's after until he has secured his own copy first lol.

HEY @RCKSTR1253 WHAT YOU GOT?? 😁
Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
These.

Transformers Infiltration issues 2 & 4, Retailer Incentive RI-C covers WITH TRADING CARDS.

These were polybagged with trading cards not attached to the comic...so it's very rare not only to find them listed on ebay, but almost never listed with the trading cards.

BTW, I'm aware of the auction in England for the Ratchet cover...I'll pay handsomely, but not $120 handsomely...especially since it's being shipped overseas...too risky.

Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
Vengeance of Moon Knight #1 Textless (Virgin) variant.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

@Darth never lets us know what he's after until he has secured his own copy first lol.

HEY @RCKSTR1253 WHAT YOU GOT?? 😁

Ah I see. I wasn't overly concerned just was curious. I have plenty of Grails to worry about any who

@Drogio
Overseas gets risky not even bc of shipping costs but bc of customs possibly tearing your package to shreds.

@Odins_Raven
!!!! That is a purdy book there. Seen it physical or only retailer scans??
Post 46 IP   flag post
Collector comicsheatingup private msg quote post Address this user
@Nilespaine

Wow. Guess I am not gonna try to snag one of those. $700+ dollars. That thing is a true ghost too.
Post 47 IP   flag post
615411 47 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?