Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeGrading Help NeededPop CultureQuestions

ebay buyer accuses me of switching labels!4188

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I'm hoping they're having a big meeting about this issue, and they just want to have a solution in progress before they respond with an official statement.
Post 176 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
I'm hoping they're having a big meeting about this issue, and they just want to have a solution in progress before they respond with an official statement.

I got into trouble early on in my business because I did not communicate correctly with customers. After years of doing what I do, I find it easier to at least say something instead of nothing. Not always the easiest thing, but it is the best.
Post 177 IP   flag post
I agree. Something, anything, is better than total silence. My comment was just an attempt to rationalize the lack of communication.
Post 178 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Hey I agree. I did not want to make this thread. But people need to be aware.
Post 179 IP   flag post
Definitely. I don't like the accusatory tone of the Buyer's e-mails, but when it comes to high dollar books,

I understand his wanting to be sure he got the 9.8 he paid for. He did, & we know that. But his paranoia is somewhat understandable.
Post 180 IP   flag post

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 181 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
I guess I have to drive to my hangar and take photos of all my cbcs slabs with the scuffed up sides. Remember when I made a big stink about these scuffs and scratches last year? I called and CBCS said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack, CBCS Customer Service
...only 10% of CBCS customers look to resell, so it's not much of a problem so we let the scored slabs go out anyway so we don't waste product.

Seriously. That was Zack at customer service...

Wow! That is one pathetic excuse from customer service. Pathetic. They don't want to "waste product" so they dump on their customers who are unhappy with the scored slabs because, hey, they probably aren't going to sell their newly slabbed book anyway.
Post 182 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
I personally don't think it's any of CBCSs business what their customers intentions are. That's like a car dealer saying "we're not too worried about the paint-job, you probably aren't re-selling it".
Post 183 IP   flag post

Post 184 IP   flag post
Somebody answer the damn phone around there at CBCS?
Post 185 IP   flag post
At least get noob noob some answers here
Post 186 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
I said it yesterday. The inner well is completely secure now. But the outer shell is not "tamper evident", and I've even seen auction houses call them "cracked" due to the marks on the sides. It's clearlyQuote:
Originally Posted by neyko
In a nutshell and all seriousness, is my first submission to CBCS that I am waiting on and has a number of Golden books (ie the submission is expensive) now going to carry as little value as PGX due to this?

Is there a link to CBCS addressing this concern? I took a chance, I felt, with CBCS at my LCS behest and now I am alittle concerned.

Thanks.

As well you should be
Post 187 IP   flag post
If he sent it in for a re-holder, the grade would not drop. Of course, he's just naive to that fact.

Would offering to pay the re-holder fee resolve this?
Post 188 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
If he sent it in for a re-holder, the grade would not drop. Of course, he's just naive to that fact.

Would offering to pay the re-holder fee resolve this?

+1 to offering to pay for his reholder
Post 189 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Having now seen the video it would seem that aside from the heat seals the only way to determine if a book had been tampered with would be to remove the top of the case and to look for the types of cuts that the top would obscure while in place. I can just see the look the faces of the guys at Metropolis when someone walks up to them at NYCC asking to take the the case of a five hundred thousand dollar book.

With that said I am now very interested in knowing what there is to know about heat seals.

How many heat seals should a slab have in place?
Where are they located?
What does a heat seal look like when no damage has taken place?

Apology accepted
Post 190 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
I'm having trouble identifying the "chicken little" posts, can someone point them out to me?

One thing I have learned over the past 3 weeks. My definition of "completely secure" is not the same as other people.

Things that concern me going forward.

1) That CBCS actually comments on what has been pointed out as a glaring QC problem that allowed slabs to leave their building which had zero heat seals touching the labels (which we now know is the only easily visible tamper evident feature of the CBCS slab).

2) Does CBCS intend to do anything to mitigate those potentially compromising slabs being in the marketplace, like a reholder discount program?

3) How does CBCS plan on improving the tamper evidence of its products going forward. Because now that the ability of the outer shell being easily and cleanly opened is public knowledge, relying on the current heat seal fix just isn't good enough in my opinion.

Personally I have decided to cease all CBCS slab activity, both submissions and purchasing of slabs from the marketplace, until these 3 questions get answered to my satisfaction.

Count me in as well for the exact same reasons
Post 191 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Lots of opinions being stated as facts.
Post 192 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Somebody answer the damn phone around there at CBCS?

I wonder if the CBCS answering machine is what's throwing him off. The message starts off saying Customer Service is busy but you just have to press a button, I believe 1 or 2 should do it, and then you'll be connected with a Customer Service representative.

Though they could still be busy but that's less likely
Post 193 IP   flag post
i sent that to him so we'll see what happens next
Post 194 IP   flag post
Is anyone from CBCS going to respond to this thread, please? I got 5 coupons burning a hole in my pocket for across the street.
Post 195 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Is anyone from CBCS going to respond to this thread, please? I got 5 coupons burning a hole in my pocket for across the street.

I would use them. It looks like they'll expire before you get an answer.
Post 196 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:

I would use them. It looks like they'll expire before you get an answer.

CBCS right meow

Post 197 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
I have not read the entire thread so my apologies if this has already been mentioned. But from what I have read there hasn't been much in suggestions to fix this. So an idea I would like to put up for consideration is... what if the inner well was sealed with the serial number that matched the label
Post 198 IP   flag post
Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomEwan
I have not read the entire thread so my apologies if this has already been mentioned. But from what I have read there hasn't been much in suggestions to fix this. So an idea I would like to put up for consideration is... what if the inner well was sealed with the serial number that matched the label

There was another thread (that is now locked) where options were discussed.
Post 199 IP   flag post
Collector kclaw97 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

This is a pretty good idea...would simply need to ensure that the 'inner' serial number is visible but doesn't ruin the aesthetic of the case.
Post 200 IP   flag post
I will also be holding off on submitting books for grading until these issues are addressed. I have no doubt we'll hear something soon, though.
Post 201 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Before I submit anything besides Spawn books that outer shell is going to have to be more tamper proof. My thing is I like the CBCS case and appearance. I hate the fact that you can open it with a cheap bottle opener. I will not be submitting anything I plan to sale until this is addressed. If it was me seal the shell UV glue
Post 202 IP   flag post
Collector NilesPaine private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kclaw97
Quote:

This is a pretty good idea...would simply need to ensure that the 'inner' serial number is visible but doesn't ruin the aesthetic of the case.

This is a pretty good idea but even if serial numbers match how does that prevent someone from switching the book??? The thing we gotta remember too is that this will back up book times A LOT and even further. It's an extra step in the process unless they somehow just imprint them on the case??

I don't see why there can't be some form of inner sticker/seal between where the case cracks open that as soon as that's cracked it's visible it's been tampered with and a quick photo snapshot of that area will show it. For instance how CGC has the grade on a small piece of paper across the top. Dunno what material you'd use or what to show it's been tampered with but as soon as its opened, it shows. Also that way going forward when buying slabs, you know automatically where to check and what to check for. I'm just shooting fish in an ocean here, what else you guys got???? It has to be something visible, efficient, and money conscious.
Post 203 IP   flag post
Collector NilesPaine private msg quote post Address this user
Also side note, I'd easily pay an extra buck or two for peace of mind. But that's just my two cents.
Post 204 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Well - at least one good thing from the response of a few board members would be that the turnaround time may decrease a bit.
Post 205 IP   flag post
600758 382 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.