Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeGrading Help NeededPop CultureQuestions

ebay buyer accuses me of switching labels!4188

Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@Grayspeedster Profits can be made, just have to be careful and picky who you sell to.

After someone buys my item, BEFORE I ship it. I research their profile

-How long have they been a member? (longer is better)
-How many feedback do they have? (more is better, I don't deal with low number buyers)
-Do they sell items on ebay as well? (if the buyer is also a seller, lower chance for fraud)
-On the "Feedback Left for others" Tab, do they leave a lot of negative feedback?

If the answer to those questions is fishy, I cancel the sale. I'd rather risk a negative feedback than loss of money.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector Grayspeedster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
@Grayspeedster Profits can be made, just have to be careful and picky who you sell to.

-How many feedback do they have? (more is better, I don't deal with low number buyers)
-Do they sell items on ebay as well? (if the buyer is also a seller, lower chance for fraud)
-On the "Feedback Left for others" Tab, do they leave a lot of negative feedback?

If the answer to those questions is fishy, I cancel the sale. I'd risk a negative feedback then loss of money.

I was going to cancel because the erroneous fees but I've just decided yours and kaptians mishaps hit home and I'm done for sure.

OfferUp, LetGo, Craigslist, FB all are free
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
@Jeremy_K
"Seems like he is just upset about the scuff on the side maybe refunding the amount it cost for a reslab would get him to drop the matter."
----------
This misses the point. The slab is not damaged and this guy will never be happy.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayspeedster

But @Grayspeedster, If you accept paypal for any of those sites, like for example a Facebook auction. Guess what? Same rules apply! Paypal has the same rules like ebay. If they file a claim via paypal you are also screwed. Even worse, Paypal lets you file a claim 6 months back (ebay only 1 month).
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
If the value is increasing, why not take it back and relist it for more?

I will say based on this thread I will take good photos befor shipping future slabs.
Post 55 IP   flag post

I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Now he's opened a requested return on the book.

I will never order another CBCS book ever again. Period. This is bullshit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
This is what happens when the authenticity of a company's product is called into question and they remain silent for 3 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabchgent
@kaptainmyke That's messed up, sorry to hear that. Looks like word is getting around that the CBCS holders cannot be trusted. Guess people are going to take advantage when they can.

Quote:
Fortunately, iirc, Myke's RAMs had some good heat seals (unlike 50% of my newer slabs *cough, cough*) so if he did it would show the tears on the spots where the seals pulled off.

AND here we go!
CGC is going to ABSOLUTELY crush CBCS like a cockroach over this! The campaign has most likely already started. Im not sure how the up and coming CBCS will ever survive this.

Those itty bitty "heat seals" on "some of" the labels were never meant as a security measure, and if they were they would be an absolutely laughable excuse for a security measure for ANY Authentication Company claiming to be a legitimate player in the grading game. EVEN with those ridiculous tiny heat seals the Label is still prone to trimming and touch up in order to reuse it.

ANYTHING less than a state of the art Embossed CBCS Logo Heat seal or such, and a $5-7 reslabbing fee program to allow customers the option of reslabbing with the New security feature, And CBCS is TOAST!

Even then Im not sure they survive once the CGC crowd begins the onslaught to crush them and reduce them to PGX (maybe lower) status and its GAME OVER!

Its a shame and really saddens me as I was really hoping for a legitimate alternative and competition they could have brought to the hobby to benefit the collecting community.

Bummer!!! I never even got to use the $100 from the bronze membership I purchased. I guess I should be thankful that I discontinued using CBCS services after the first security issue was raised.

Im kind of looking forward to hearing from the many who stated that the slab security wasn't a concern to them.

I can only pray for Steve and the good folks at CBCS for the Onslaught that is inevidently coming.
Post 56 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
If you actively accept the return you keep a certain amount of control over the process and hopefully get the book back, then you have time to examine the book and issue a refund. If you go into stubborn mode and allow this to escalate then ebay will auto refund and you have a bigger chance of getting screwed on the return.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Sellers do not have to take returns on third party graded books. The proper move is to win the case against the buyer (if he files one) and to let the buyer otherwise pound sand.

NOT TRUE

Ebay buyers can return for "Item not as Described" Ebay WILL side with the buyer 99.9 % of the time
Post 58 IP   flag post
@BigRedOne1944

Post 59 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

If the answer to those questions is fishy, I cancel the sale. I'd rather risk a negative feedback than loss of money.

I may have to start doing this. I never thought I'd have to, but it appears I do.
Post 60 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
If you actively accept the return you keep a certain amount of control over the process and hopefully get the book back, then you have time to examine the book and issue a refund. If you go into stubborn mode and allow this to escalate then ebay will auto refund and you have a bigger chance of getting screwed on the return.

So your saying I don't have to issue the refund until after I get the book back in hand first?
Post 61 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

So your saying I don't have to issue the refund until after I get the book back in hand first?

Post 62 IP   flag post
Quote:

ABSOLUTELY! DO NOT get in a Name calling argument with the guy! Politely refund and go from there. it is your best option in this case. Too bad CBCS dropped the ball on you.
Post 63 IP   flag post
is he allowed to already threaten me with negative feedback? what sucks is of course i already left him feedback "Thank you" positive. However, I did so after I saw the item was "delivered" and several days passed. I'm like wth?
Post 64 IP   flag post
Quote:
is he allowed to already threaten me with negative feedback? what sucks is of course i already left him feedback "Thank you" positive. However, I did so after I saw the item was "delivered" and several days passed. I'm like wth?

Stay cool here.... Simply apologize for his inconvenience.

Accept his return and send him a pre-paid return shipping label through Ebay (This is key!)

Yes I know you will have to pay the return shipping, but it is KEY that the Return Label be issued through Ebay's system.

DO NOT allow the buyer to return the book on his own. The Ebay issued return label will be tracked and logged by EBay's system. Buyer will not be allowed to leave Neg Feedback.
Post 65 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
Well, claims about the sky falling have begun. Let's not blow this out of proportion. I don't foresee any crushing occurring.

And I think the good kaptn ought to fight this. Once that return is accepted, I truly don't believe there's any recourse. This guy has already set the stage with unfounded accusations.
Post 66 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Quote:

Stay cool here.... Simply apologize for his inconvenience.

Accept his return and send him a pre-paid return shipping label through Ebay (This is key!)

Yes I know you will have to pay the return shipping, but it is KEY that the Return Label be issued through Ebay's system.

DO NOT allow the buyer to return the book on his own. The Ebay issued return label will be tracked and logged by EBay's system. Buyer will not be allowed to leave Neg Feedback.

This is all solid advice.
Post 67 IP   flag post
2 good choices. Darn it.
Post 68 IP   flag post
Collector steveo76 private msg quote post Address this user
Take the return. That's what you should have done in the first place. I don't spend one more second than I have to on buyers like that. The second they have a complaint I tell them to send the item back and I'll issue a refund. Then they're the ones worried about making a decision. Don't take it personally or bother arguing with them, I think this interaction has shown you that it's a waste of time.

Also, never leave a buyer feedback until AFTER they leave feedback for you.
Post 69 IP   flag post
Collector PeteN private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

But @Grayspeedster, If you accept paypal for any of those sites, like for example a Facebook auction. Guess what? Same rules apply! Paypal has the same rules like ebay. If they file a claim via paypal you are also screwed. Even worse, Paypal lets you file a claim 6 months back (ebay only 1 month).

KingNampa are you serious? I didn't know it was six months...so I could purchase a graded book...decide in five months I don't want it, just file a claim that the book wasn't as advertised...and paypal will refund me?

sorry to hear about the problems Kaptain
Post 70 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke

Quote:

EBay has a no "Feedback Extortion" policy. Check it out, it may help in this instance.
Post 71 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteN
Quote:
Quote:

KingNampa are you serious? I didn't know it was six months...so I could purchase a graded book...decide in five months I don't want it, just file a claim that the book wasn't as advertised...and paypal will refund me?

sorry to hear about the problems Kaptain

Yes, that is how PayPal works with their buyer protection rules.
Post 72 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
I personally wonder if he thinks you are a "Jerry", @kaptainmyke.

Not saying that it is a bad thing to all of the Jerrys out there. But it sounds like he thinks that you are so desperate for money that you would take all that time and energy to rip him off. Which would be really hard to do, based on my last two experiences with CBCS slabs.

I mean, in order for his complaint to be valid, you would have to somehow manage to surgically remove the archival mylar bag from the case without causing more damage that he is talking about. Then either surgically remove either the comic or the label from the same bag, which I am assuming is their practice when you had these graded. The damage would have to be so precise that it is nearly impossible to see with any expert tooling. Which, as you may know is not really possible.

But based on my experiences with what he is detailing, the copy you sent him was one of MANY that had this QC issue. Which, I might add, is one of the first things I learned about while seeking an alternative to CGC. Which I chose to do because of my own issues with both their grading and QC.

So if he continues his claims of tampering, contact me. I am more than willing to help since I am really good at finding answers to the type of attack-based claims he had made on you. Plus, I also have been dealing with these types of the last few days. So helping somebody resolve theirs might be fun.
Post 73 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke sorry - been there - actually got one right now where I am pretty certain the buyer has swapped the raw book he bought and claiming an issue with it - the traditional ebay swap and refund trick.

You know what could be fun - but I have to emphasize that doing so will not help you at all and you are much better of not doing so - would be to share this thread with your buyer!
Post 74 IP   flag post
I should share this thread with the buyer. Every one of you knows I bought that lot of 5 Rick and Morty comics on ebay and then had them all pressed and graded here with CBCS, then I got suspended the same week they were grading them lol and I got them back the next week after my suspension.
Post 75 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs
Well, claims about the sky falling have begun. Let's not blow this out of proportion. I don't foresee any crushing occurring.

ARE YOU SERIOUS? Kaptainmyke put his trust in faith in CBCS and stated he WIL NEVER buy another CBCS book! And this is from a CBCS supporter! And I don't blame him one bit!

I would like to continue to be a strong advocate for CBCS, But Im not willing to use the service or buy CBCS books until the security issue is resolved.

Your ABSOLUTELY insane if you don't think CGC and its crowd are not going to be on this like a feeding frenzy to De-legitimize CBCS into extinction. Hell even the PGX crowd will be able to make a case in their favor.

You guys can make light about the security of Authenticated books all you want, but the bottom line is, It's absolutely the ONLY thing that matters.

THE ONLY reason to even use an authentication service is to be able to sell the book for the premium value that its authentication brings.

Once the security of that Authentication is called into question and or jeopardized(weather it perceived or not) the valued attached to that Authentication is GONE, and the company issuing the said Authentication has NO respectability or trust among the collecting community. Just ask Kaptainmyke.

And for those who say there's any other more important factor than MONEY, in having a book slabbed in the first place...... I say HOGWASH! Its THE ONLY REASON!

Do you want your Amazing Fantasy #15 in a slab with very real security issue's like were seeing here when it comes time to sell it?

How bout your Golden or Silver Age Keys? There is absolutely NO other reason to have them slabbed and Authenticated other than Premium Value and the sell ability that comes from the buyer confidence and security in that Authentication. Its that simple. If this was not the case everyone would just send all their books to PGX, which in light of this Security issue might be a better option than CBCS if they DO NOT act fast and decisively in implementing a state of the art Tamper proof product that will restore User and Buyer confidence. It actually may be to late for them to recovery at this point.

I hope Im wrong.
Post 76 IP   flag post
man forget that guy, i just shared this thread with him. You guys know I got zero chill, brah

Post 77 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke as mentioned before - your buyer already made his decision on the book - regardless what you do. You have the opportonity to fight and let ebay decide (in which case you should call eBay and highlight the language he used, his negative feedback threat and proof that you got the 9.8 graded and the condition of the slab when you mailed it, and maybe - you have a tiny tiny chance of winning or take matters in your own hand and approve the return request and find a better buyer.

Above all - all sellers on this forum should block this buyer dude. Too much drama.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Yep.
Post 79 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke well that for sure will make it entertaining but as mentioned not sure the smartest move!
Post 80 IP   flag post
600827 382 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.