Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeGrading Help NeededPop CultureQuestions

ebay buyer accuses me of switching labels!4188

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 26 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs
It sounds like this guy is not familiar with cbcs cases and the marks on the side of them.

This, along with the paranoia that #SealGate has caused seeping into the marketplace. Equals uninformed and untrusting buyers.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
The response messages are too small can't read any of them ha.

Is it easy to actually switch comics? I thought it was easy to switch the labels or something. I would think you would get your comic back.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector VictorCreed private msg quote post Address this user
Buyer seems like he is trying to do some kind of con.
Post 29 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing
The response messages are too small can't read any of them ha.

Is it easy to actually switch comics? I thought it was easy to switch the labels or something. I would think you would get your comic back.

All one has to do is swap a label in order to swap a book, the outter shell can be opened and reclosed.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector VictorCreed private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke Hope it works out for you.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke no point continuing the discussion which the buyer - he has already made up his mind. You are better of just to cancel the sale, block the buyer (I am sure a lot of sellers on this forum will do the same) and move on.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
@poka, he can't cancel the sale. The buyer has the book.
Post 33 IP   flag post
He can cancel the sale by accepting buyer request for a return and make sure to video tape when he opens the package he gets back.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Lol old school - still calls it video tape instead of record
Post 35 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Sellers do not have to take returns on third party graded books. The proper move is to win the case against the buyer (if he files one) and to let the buyer otherwise pound sand.
Post 36 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Should I just let it expire and let ebay take it over? I do not wish to accept the return.
Post 37 IP   flag post

Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
It looks like the buyer messed around with the side of the case. They flex open a tiny bit but what that guy showed is significant. I received a book like that from a trusted seller (whom flipped it without taking it outta the plastic and sent me the cash to reslab it since then). The corner showed a little damage on it (small crack) from someone messing with the side. Check for that and if the buyer is the one who did that then the buyer can get it re-slabbed. You may be able to tell the difference thru before and after pics . He might be freaking out at his own stupid actions exploring his new expensive purchase and not know a reslab is so inexpensive so he is pointing at you. The guy can't be very smart buying that book at it's peak value; so keep in mind your dealing with the mind of a child.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Post 40 IP   flag post
and tell him to clean his fingernails
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Sellers do not have to take returns on third party graded books. The proper move is to win the case against the buyer (if he files one) and to let the buyer otherwise pound sand.

Sorry to say but YES you have to take any return that a buyer wants to send back to you. For any B.S. lie or true reason and you either accept it or wait until they escalate it and auto refund them.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector Grayspeedster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy_K
It looks like the buyer messed around with the side of the case. They flex open a tiny bit but what that guy showed is significant. I received a book like that from a trusted seller (whom flipped it without taking it outta the plastic and sent me the cash to reslab it since then). The corner showed a little damage on it (small crack) from someone messing with the side. Check for that and if the buyer is the one who did that then the buyer can get it re-slabbed. You may be able to tell the difference thru before and after pics . He might be freaking out at his own stupid actions exploring his new expensive purchase and not know a reslab is so inexpensive so he is pointing at you. The guy can't be very smart buying that book at it's peak value; so keep in mind your dealing with the mind of a child.

The last part about buying during peak value raises concerns that he is going to switch the book in kaptain.

This further solidifies my move away from selling and grading to reading and collecting. Too much risk involved with guys like this everywhere!
Post 43 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
Quote:

Also my understanding

Sorry to say but YES you have to take any return that a buyer wants to send back to you. For any B.S. lie or true reason and you either accept it or wait until they escalate it and auto refund them.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayspeedster
Quote:
Quote:

Also my understanding

Summary: ebay 99% sides with buyer, even if they are scammer. That is the way it is. That is why I'm so strict on who I do business with on eBay and I block a crap load of people.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Also my understanding

Seems like he is just upset about the scuff on the side maybe refunding the amount it cost for a reslab would get him to drop the matter.
Post 46 IP   flag post
here's my response. i think i might have got him cornered

Post 47 IP   flag post
@Jeremy_K it is worth a try but most likely he already have a firm idea that the book inside is not 9.8 by being so focused on the slab. did he ever highlghtbwhat defects the book inside have which would not make it a 9.8?
Post 48 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke Angry nerds man, be careful. I pissed off a buyer before and he wrote all over the cover in pen on my book before returning it. I Uploaded pictures and called ebay, THEY DID NOT CARE. LOL
Post 49 IP   flag post
Quote:
@kaptainmyke Angry nerds man, be careful. I pissed off a buyer before and he wrote all over the cover in pen on my book before returning it. I Uploaded pictures and called ebay, THEY DID NOT CARE. LOL

Done with eBay officially! Thank you. Just setup a call back and I will be ending my account with them. Thank you for saving me money and headache!
Post 50 IP   flag post
@Grayspeedster Profits can be made, just have to be careful and picky who you sell to.

After someone buys my item, BEFORE I ship it. I research their profile

-How long have they been a member? (longer is better)
-How many feedback do they have? (more is better, I don't deal with low number buyers)
-Do they sell items on ebay as well? (if the buyer is also a seller, lower chance for fraud)
-On the "Feedback Left for others" Tab, do they leave a lot of negative feedback?

If the answer to those questions is fishy, I cancel the sale. I'd rather risk a negative feedback than loss of money.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Grayspeedster Profits can be made, just have to be careful and picky who you sell to.

After someone buys my item, BEFORE I ship it. I research their profile

-How long have they been a member? (longer is better)
-How many feedback do they have? (more is better, I don't deal with low number buyers)
-Do they sell items on ebay as well? (if the buyer is also a seller, lower chance for fraud)
-On the "Feedback Left for others" Tab, do they leave a lot of negative feedback?

If the answer to those questions is fishy, I cancel the sale. I'd risk a negative feedback then loss of money.

I was going to cancel because the erroneous fees but I've just decided yours and kaptians mishaps hit home and I'm done for sure.

OfferUp, LetGo, Craigslist, FB all are free
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
@Jeremy_K
"Seems like he is just upset about the scuff on the side maybe refunding the amount it cost for a reslab would get him to drop the matter."
----------
This misses the point. The slab is not damaged and this guy will never be happy.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Quote:

OfferUp, LetGo, Craigslist, FB all are free

But @Grayspeedster, If you accept paypal for any of those sites, like for example a Facebook auction. Guess what? Same rules apply! Paypal has the same rules like ebay. If they file a claim via paypal you are also screwed. Even worse, Paypal lets you file a claim 6 months back (ebay only 1 month).
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
If the value is increasing, why not take it back and relist it for more?

I will say based on this thread I will take good photos befor shipping future slabs.
Post 55 IP   flag post
601328 382 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.