Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeGrading Help NeededPop CultureQuestions

ebay buyer accuses me of switching labels!4188

Collector kclaw97 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWKyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
@JWKyle curious how long ago they marked your books as recieved?

I have an invoice that according to the turnaround update should have been in grading 2 weeks ago, and another invoice dropped at cbcs booth 2 weeks ago yet to be received. I was thinking maybe the gears had stopped turning 😬
@shrewbeer I've had three books that have been in grading all this week and hasn't moved from grading. Usually grading only goes a day or two so it does make me think something is up.

I just had books move from Grading where they resided for 4-5 biz days and have been in QC for the last 2+ days. There's movement...just not at the pace we'd all like to see.
Post 351 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
@kclaw97 thx for confirming. Good to know the gears are still running at least, albeit slow. I know con season is in full swing, theres gotta be thousands of books piling in on a daily basis this time of year
Post 352 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
No, nothing was deleted. Nothing went **POOF!** except me.
Post 353 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke So, exactly how did it play out after that last message?
Post 354 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Well, he then proceeded to apologize for the 20 messages and then asked me what I do for a living, which evolved into how do I get witnessed signed books and how do I afford to pay for such expensive books.

Post 355 IP   flag post

I wondered about that. "If maybe he thought: "that's way too many primo 9.8s for one mortal man! . . . Shenanigans!"

Who finally got a response from CBCS? You, or him?
Post 356 IP   flag post
He did, I guess
Post 357 IP   flag post
Wait, u wondered about what
Post 358 IP   flag post
If that was part of his thought process.
Post 359 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Kaptainmyke is not a mortal man.
Post 360 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
@DarthLego did you have to do that? - lol

That's true.
Post 361 IP   flag post
Quote:
Kaptainmyke is not a mortal man.

I've died twice. I'm like Jon Snow, without the bastard part.
Post 362 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke I am glad this is resolved for you. I am also glad that CBCS will swap out the case for him. Have a great holiday weekend.
Post 363 IP   flag post
Thanks brah
Post 364 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
The buyer closed the case and he will keep the book. CBCS has offered to give him a free reholder, too.
Told you a return was not necessary. As long as you are patient and responsive the sale should be final.
Post 365 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs
Isn't the case going to have the exact same problems? Methinks this might not be over yet but I'm glad the buyer closed the eBay case. He's going to turn around and sell the book anyway, I presume.

Yes, but the slab will come straight from CBCS to him, what's he gonna do, accuse CBCS of tampering with the slab after they slabbed it? lol

Also, what does it matter if he resells it? Mike got paid, it's that dude's property to do with as he pleases.

Doesn't matter at all if he sells. The point is he may wind up fielding the same questions he's posing. It seemed like a total act, claiming the book may have been switch. Then he thought about it and figured he could make money off of reselling. Good move if he does. Just validates everything kap was saying to him all along.
Post 366 IP   flag post
Or he damaged the case and now needs a reholder no matter what
Post 367 IP   flag post
Quote:
Or he damaged the case and now needs a reholder no matter what
You will never know. Hopefully you will be able to put it behind you. It may take some time.
Post 368 IP   flag post
Well... I hope that you and others aren't misguided by my thread. The buyer is not the concern. The faith in buyers trust over cbcs slabs is paramount.

If anyone takes anything away from this thread, it should be the lack of official statements or solutions to the current unanswered questions.
Post 369 IP   flag post
Quote:
Well... I hope that you and others aren't misguided by my thread. The buyer is not the concern. The faith in buyers trust over cbcs slabs is paramount.

If anyone takes anything away from this thread, it should be the lack of official statements or solutions to the current unanswered questions.
No, not misguided. I felt your frustrations during that ordeal. I would not have wanted to be in your shoes. I also feel CBCS really have been dragging their feet. It is not good for business.
Post 370 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

That isn't that case with your book & buyer. The buyer never said anything about he heard or saw where CBCS cases could be tampered with. He was paranoid, all on his own.... You had too many 9.8's of this "rare" book. Had to be something scamey going on....

And as I've said several times, newbie buyers have been paranoid about the encapsulated comics they buy since CGC opened their doors in 2000. This discussion comes up routinely on the forums across the street. I have had it happen to me once.

CBCS has offered to reholder the book for your buyer at no cost to anyone except themselves. Your buyer has decided to keep the book based on that offer. That seems like pretty good customer service from CBCS. I've never heard of such an offer from CGC - and as I've said I've seen this type of discussion over there countless times.
Post 371 IP   flag post

Well now that I have one from CGC as well, now I guess someone will say I switched this one out too right?
Post 372 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Well now that I have one from CGC as well, now I guess someone will say I switched this one out too right?

A beautiful rose is a beautiful rose, regardless of the vase . Nice book
Post 373 IP   flag post
i like that, haha
Post 374 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@IronMan Now, that's just disingenuous...CGC will offer free reholders for people who call with problems, even Newton Rings, they just won't make a habit of it if the same person does it over and over. I've read and seen numerous accounts of people getting free reholders.
Post 375 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
And as I've said several times, newbie buyers have been paranoid about the encapsulated comics they buy since CGC opened their doors in 2000. This discussion comes up routinely on the forums across the street. I have had it happen to me once.

Encapsulated anything, really. AFA had the issue where they mistakenly graded Chinese reissues of "Transformers G1" Beachcomber, and many still become worried that they could end up with a graded bootleg. Even after this is one of numerous beliefs proven false.

But with the CGC label swap... There are examples on this on YouTube. I do not know if the people at CBCS and CGC watch these or not. But I did find one amusing because he was praising PGX.
Post 376 IP   flag post
Collector BLBcomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
is he allowed to already threaten me with negative feedback? what sucks is of course i already left him feedback "Thank you" positive. However, I did so after I saw the item was "delivered" and several days passed. I'm like wth?

If a buyer threatens or even implies a thread of neg feedback, ebay has a business pod group outside of Salt Lake City Utah which works with honest sellers. eBay will cancel out the red neg.

If some out needs that special phone number I will supply same to you.
Post 377 IP   flag post
Quote:
@IronMan Now, that's just disingenuous...CGC will offer free reholders for people who call with problems, even Newton Rings, they just won't make a habit of it if the same person does it over and over. I've read and seen numerous accounts of people getting free reholders.

CGC will reholder for free cases exhibiting IN THEIR DETERMINATION severe Newton rings. Beginning May 5, 2016 CGC believes they implemented a fix that eliminates severe Newton rings. Small or moderate amounts of Newton rings are considered normal by CGC and do not qualify for free reholdering

This has been discussed near endlessly on the CGC forums. It is either you being disingenuous - or you spend no time on the CGC forums so are uniformed.

The solution to CGC Newton rings - if one wants to avoid them - is to specifically request that CGC use a slab designed for thicker books than what the book(s) you are sending in needs. This extra space keeps the two layers of plastic apart and by all reports on the CGC forums, works very well. But you have to specifically request this. CGC is NOT doing this (the thicker outer slabs) on their own because they feel a small to moderate amount of Newton rings are NORMAL and not a problem.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/409939-evidently-newton-rings-are-just-a-fact-of-life-now/

http://the-comic-book-forum.boards.net/thread/325/cgc-statements-new-holder
Post 378 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLBcomics
Quote:
is he allowed to already threaten me with negative feedback? what sucks is of course i already left him feedback "Thank you" positive. However, I did so after I saw the item was "delivered" and several days passed. I'm like wth?

If a buyer threatens or even implies a thread of neg feedback, ebay has a business pod group outside of Salt Lake City Utah which works with honest sellers. eBay will cancel out the red neg.

If some out needs that special phone number I will supply same to you.

As a seller, the best thing that can happen to you feedback wise with an unhappy buyer is for them to email you and say/threaten they will leave negative feedback. It's like a get of jail free card. All you have to do is let eBay know there were threats of negative feedback and it goes poof. Using threats of negative feedback is against eBay policy.
Post 379 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
@IronMan Funny coincidence. I filed my first ever grievance against a seller on eBay. Long story short...

What I ordered did ship out from the store, did not ship out from the store's state, did arrive in a damaged Amazon.com padded envelope, had a different business name than what they offered, had pre-shipping damage they never told me about, and the "receipt" only allowed me to exchange it at Amazon.com.

And despite all of that, I told them in advance that I will ask eBay to resolve this issue and that I will not submit any negative feedback. At least as long as they cooperate with eBay. With me submitting all photo evidence to eBay, and just the damaged item to them.

One of two safety precautions since this does not have me trust them one bit.
Post 380 IP   flag post
600782 382 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.