Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedGrading Help NeededQuestionsSignatures

BATMAN: Dark Nights Metal #1 printing defects4140

Collector myxzeus70 private msg quote post Address this user
I obtained a few copies of #1 to have signed and slabbed at Terrificon and couldn't find any copies that didn't incur that cover binding defects of printer errors to get signed. How will the mass of these books be graded by CBCS, seems the errors far exceed any without, at least the two versions I purchased. Will there be a notation exclaiming said printer flaws on the labels or is this just a case of oh well try to get a thousand books to go through so you can cull out the handful of 9.8s?? Seems as though these should be graded differently or a significant notation be made on the label. Thoughts???
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
They should be graded like any other book.

If the best book is a 9.2 then it doesn't get bumped up to a 9.8 just because it's the best looking book.

The flaws were not intentional, so they are what they are.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by myxzeus70
I obtained a few copies of #1 to have signed and slabbed at Terrificon and couldn't find any copies that didn't incur that cover binding defects of printer errors to get signed. How will the mass of these books be graded by CBCS, seems the errors far exceed any without, at least the two versions I purchased. Will there be a notation exclaiming said printer flaws on the labels or is this just a case of oh well try to get a thousand books to go through so you can cull out the handful of 9.8s?? Seems as though these should be graded differently or a significant notation be made on the label. Thoughts???

I've wondered the same, but I assume they'll be treated like other books. 9.8s will just be more rare. I picked up my reader copy and noticed flaws. Went to another LCS and went through almost every issue they had and found one really good one. Can't say for sure it would be 9.8, but I didn't see any color breaks, scuffs, or corner blunting like I've seen on the others.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Yesterday, my wife told me I have a box awaiting to be opened from Bulletproof Comics.

Yep - I purchased one copy of the Dell'Otto cover from Bulletprrof...because I think they were "guaranteeing" all purchases were to be 9.6+.

You guys are not helping ease my mind...LOL...

:o)
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
@myxzeus70 what kind of flaws are we talking here? Got pics?

There are a few things that some grading companies will overlook sometimes depending on how many of them have the flaw. Spine feathering specifically comes to mind.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, picks please - for some reason I got 3 different covers of this and can't see any defects
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
I got 1 regaular cover and one Jim Lee cover. Got 2 others through Trinity. No defects seen so far
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZosoRocks
Yesterday, my wife told me I have a box awaiting to be opened from Bulletproof Comics.

Yep - I purchased one copy of the Dell'Otto cover from Bulletprrof...because I think they were "guaranteeing" all purchases were to be 9.6+.

My Bulletproof copies looked ok.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector myxzeus70 private msg quote post Address this user
The midnight release variants and the Terrificon variant Cappulo cover all had two spine digs, slight but unfortunately noticeable because of the thickness and cover gloss. Ive heard it was possibly because the printer used too much cover gloss and the covers didnt sit right or caused these defects when handled for stacking. Whatever the case i'll most likely pre-qualify these.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZosoRocks

My Bulletproof copies looked ok.

RIGHT ON!

Thanks DL!
Post 10 IP   flag post
598019 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?