CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
Comics Golden Age

Action Comics #1 at Comic Connect412

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
There is an Action Comics #1 up for auction at Comic Connect. It's coverless and incomplete. Not mine, obviously, but it seems a good enough ice breaker to bring up an important milestone in our hobby.

The current bid is only slightly less than I make in a year but I imagine it's got a way to go in these last 10 Days

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=661023

Anyone here have any experiences with an Action Comics #1? Anyone here bidding on this one?

The limit of my experience has been to stare at it longingly from my computer screen

Post 1 • IP   flag post
Collector matthogan6288 private msg quote post Address this user
it is awesome, but I would rather go for reproduction art of the cover by one of your favorite artist, with something personal added to it....for about %10 of the costs.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Collector mPoore private msg quote post Address this user
if the first wrap is missing, shouldn't it be a .1 instead of a .3 like they're advertising?
Post 3 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@mPoore You know what, you're right. I have an Incredible Hulk #181 that's a 0.1 for less
Post 4 • IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
This is direct from the cBCS website uner grades "Books that are coverless, but are otherwise complete, will receive a grade of 0.3 from CBCS as will covers missing their interiors."

https://www.cbcscomics.com/grades
Post 5 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
The label says that the book is coverless, missing the first wrap, affects the story, and is incomplete.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Ahh - fine print!!! I stand corrected!!! It should be a .1
Post 7 • IP   flag post
I've spent years perfecting my brand of assholery. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I would have split the entire thing up into individual pages.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
How much have pages and wraps from the book gone for?

Also: anyone want to hazard a guess as to what the final bid will be? (A poll option would've been great for this)
Post 9 • IP   flag post
I've spent years perfecting my brand of assholery. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
"In November of 2011, we sold a rougher example of page 3 for $4,200."
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Collector Kav private msg quote post Address this user
How much you think the non-Superman pages would go for?
Post 11 • IP   flag post
I've spent years perfecting my brand of assholery. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I have seen some graded, but I don't know what they would sell for. I think there were a few for sale on the cgc boards a while back. I'm just saying that if I had a copy that was missing the cover and first wrap, then I would probably go ahead and section it out.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Collector Kav private msg quote post Address this user
yep
Post 13 • IP   flag post
Collector Kav private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe that fragments of history guy will buy it
Post 14 • IP   flag post
I've spent years perfecting my brand of assholery. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
There was a Zatara page on the cgc boards for $875, but I don't think it sold. Not really a board type item. Better suited for auction.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
657131 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?