CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

CBCS Turnaround 8/21/20174112

CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
#CBCScomics #turnaroundupdate

Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
About 2 more weeks til my next order enters grading!
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Woohoo, Im at negative 2 days til grading!

Wait a minute, that doesnt sound right 🤔
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Mathyus_42 private msg quote post Address this user
I am currently waiting for the all mighty shipping notice. The QC always seems to be the stage that takes the longest. LOL
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
One invoice is in QC, and the other is in receiving.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector rtdcomics private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts

Hi Steve,

what happens with fast pass in this situation? My invoice is showing that it was selected but the time has now gone up to 13 weeks. Is the policy that it still cuts waiting time in half but is only half of whatever the delay is at the time?
Post 6 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@rtdcomics Officially it's half of whatever the current time is. Unofficially, we try to keep Fast Pass a little quicker than that.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel85301

One of mine hit shipping today. QC last week.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Just got the shipping e-mail. Woo-Hoo!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
Mine should be in grading about... now! Awesome.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Books have shipped. Must resist the urge to check the grades.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Jamiemadrox private msg quote post Address this user
Sheer curiosity, but I haven’t received any e-mail updates with my latest submission and I’m curious if it’s due to being busy or possibly an incorrect e-mail address. No big deal whatsoever, but I’ve recieved them with all my other submissions. Always nice to have them to look forward to!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel85301

One of mine hit shipping today. QC last week.

How many books in total?
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiemadrox
Sheer curiosity, but I haven’t received any e-mail updates with my latest submission and I’m curious if it’s due to being busy or possibly an incorrect e-mail address. No big deal whatsoever, but I’ve recieved them with all my other submissions. Always nice to have them to look forward to!

Never got my emails about being received or in the grading like in the past, or didn't get a CBCSBox newsletter either. CBCS must be very busy. Just got past some of the major cons
Post 14 IP   flag post
@Gabriel85301 Three books total are being sent back to me. I still have one waiting to be pressed.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia
@Gabriel85301 Three books total are being sent back to me. I still have one waiting to be pressed.

So that's why yours got through QC so fast. I got 16 waiting, and another 6 in another.

You know what is so funny?

1st comic book I ever picked up was Batman Vs. Predator, which a friend loaned to me to read while we were driving to a camping trip. I didn't read comics again till June 2012, and I really didn't get serious till 2014, I didn't start slabbing till Feb. 2016. Just looking back on my comic book collecting evolution when I 1st started, I was like,
"wow, I'll never get to that point (slabs/keys)"

Here I am now, sending 5+ books at a time.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Any Chance we're getting a TAT update this week?
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
Well, @shrewbeer, my may-19th order took 15 weeks to hit QC, and my june-19th order took 12. They both hit QC last friday, if that helps at all🍺
Post 18 IP   flag post
@RexMuff thanks. This 8/21 update says my books should have seen movement into grading 2 weeks ago, but nothing so far. I get that they are crazy busy, but purgatory still sucks lol.

Nice dog. I keep thinking you're someone else every time you post though
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
@shrewbeer - I'm hearing the hurricane(s) are causing some substantial delays and to expect an update soon.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
@shrewbeer 😉🍻
Post 21 IP   flag post
My 2-day moderns have been in the vault for a week with no update to their status :/ And my other order has been waiting for a month on a signature verification that should normally only take a week :/

@dpiercy I just heard that from customer service as well. Apparently the plastics company that supplies the outer cases is in Houston so it's causing delays in the encapsulation phase.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Well, I think I just found the QC backlog 😁

Post 23 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
Well I was just on the phone with customer service who was a new guy but did a good job sorting my questions out. Was told that modern turnaround is 12 weeks which is fine but pressing is around 24 weeks and since 5 of the 6 books I sent in were not getting pressed but they would sit there waiting for that last book I ponied up and got fast pass and fast press on all of them. I knew it'll still be a bit behind due to the hurricane and such but at least it won't be have a year
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector ComicHaulics private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone! Just submitted our first comic to CBCS. Have never used them before. Getting the signature verification. If all goes well, we will definitely be using them more! Anyone know how long signature verification adds to turnaround time? Thanks!
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector eee91 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicHaulics
Anyone know how long signature verification adds to turnaround time? Thanks!

Not long at all. While sig verification status doesn't show up in your dashboard, in my experience it's only added a few days to turnaround times.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eee91
Quote:
Anyone know how long signature verification adds to turnaround time? Thanks!

Not long at all. While sig verification status doesn't show up in your dashboard, in my experience it's only added a few days to turnaround times.

Thank you so much! That's what I was hoping
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Gatchaman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Hi everyone! Just submitted our first comic to CBCS. Have never used them before. Getting the signature verification. If all goes well, we will definitely be using them more! Anyone know how long signature verification adds to turnaround time? Thanks!

My books were sent in May and they just told me another 6-8 weeks because some of the books are getting pressed, so a six month turn around.
Post 28 IP   flag post
@Gatchaman Signature Verification doesn't add nearly as much to the turnaround time as Pressing.

Typically, signature verification is only supposed to add a week or so but in most of my experiences, the signature verification is taken care of in the 8-12 weeks your books are waiting to hit the graders so it doesn't add any noticable amount to the turn around.

Although, I have heard from Customer Service that signature verification has a major backlog right now and I currently have a book that has been in the process for a significant amount of time.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Thanks so much for the info guys! I hope it only adds a week or 2 at most
Post 30 IP   flag post
600742 44 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?