Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

CBCS Turnaround 8/21/20174112

Collector eee91 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicHaulics
Anyone know how long signature verification adds to turnaround time? Thanks!

Not long at all. While sig verification status doesn't show up in your dashboard, in my experience it's only added a few days to turnaround times.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector ComicHaulics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eee91
Quote:
Anyone know how long signature verification adds to turnaround time? Thanks!

Not long at all. While sig verification status doesn't show up in your dashboard, in my experience it's only added a few days to turnaround times.

Thank you so much! That's what I was hoping
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Gatchaman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Hi everyone! Just submitted our first comic to CBCS. Have never used them before. Getting the signature verification. If all goes well, we will definitely be using them more! Anyone know how long signature verification adds to turnaround time? Thanks!

My books were sent in May and they just told me another 6-8 weeks because some of the books are getting pressed, so a six month turn around.
Post 28 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Gatchaman Signature Verification doesn't add nearly as much to the turnaround time as Pressing.

Typically, signature verification is only supposed to add a week or so but in most of my experiences, the signature verification is taken care of in the 8-12 weeks your books are waiting to hit the graders so it doesn't add any noticable amount to the turn around.

Although, I have heard from Customer Service that signature verification has a major backlog right now and I currently have a book that has been in the process for a significant amount of time.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector ComicHaulics private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks so much for the info guys! I hope it only adds a week or 2 at most
Post 30 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@Gatchaman Signature Verification doesn't add nearly as much to the turnaround time as Pressing.

Typically, signature verification is only supposed to add a week or so but in most of my experiences, the signature verification is taken care of in the 8-12 weeks your books are waiting to hit the graders so it doesn't add any noticable amount to the turn around.

Although, I have heard from Customer Service that signature verification has a major backlog right now and I currently have a book that has been in the process for a significant amount of time.

I never said that my books, or anybody's, are getting sig varified. An LCS sent down a batch of books, which had some of them being pressed, and that is holding up all of the books on this order. None of mine are getting pressed and to date they have not been pressed. They were shipped to them in May and they just told me that it will take another 6-8 weeks. They must hate repeat business.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector brigand80 private msg quote post Address this user
Submitted my 13 books at Megacon this year (Orlando) at the end of May (approx. 5/27/2017), CBCS received them June 2; all Modern, no Clean/Press. At the time of this writing, currently in 'Processing' and 'QC'. My count is at 16 weeks, can anyone please clarify why the 12 week isnt true in this scenario?
Post 32 IP   flag post
Their terms of service are fictitious.
Post 33 IP   flag post
I want them to answer why this is taking so long. They can easily see that people are not happy that their turn around times are way to long and people are getting upset. Why don't they fix the problems rather than make people eat it?
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector rtdcomics private msg quote post Address this user
could be worse, you can have been a fool like me and paid fast pass on all your books only for them to sit there for 13/14 weeks. Anyone know if there is a cut off point where this kind of delay results in the fast pass refund?
Post 35 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatchaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite

I never said that my books, or anybody's, are getting sig varified. An LCS sent down a batch of books, which had some of them being pressed, and that is holding up all of the books on this order. None of mine are getting pressed and to date they have not been pressed. They were shipped to them in May and they just told me that it will take another 6-8 weeks. They must hate repeat business.

You didn't say you're getting signature verification on your books, but you did directly respond to someone who was asking how long signature verification takes by telling them how much longer your books are taking because other books on the order are being pressed, which is why I began my response by saying that signature verification doesn't take as long as pressing.

If your LCS sent an order of books that will and will not be pressed on a single invoice then one of three things will happen.

1) As far as I know, CBCS doesn't allow pressed and non-pressed books on the same invoice (I've asked). They would've had to split the invoice, which would require additional shipping that they would have to work out with your LCS as the customer on record.

2) All books on the invoice are getting pressed so all books will require the additional time for pressing.

3) If your LCS somehow worked something out with your LCS to keep pressed and non-pressed books on the invoice then all books would require the additional turn-around time for pressing, whether they're getting the service or not since CBCS would have to keep the books together in one order.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
Order received June 19th now shipping. 1 consumer book, 6 modern, and 1 quick-stream which is actually just a re holder fixing the label still in QC but I'm guessing that'll change within the hour.
Post 37 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy_K
Order received June 19th now shipping. 1 consumer book, 6 modern, and 1 quick-stream which is actually just a re holder fixing the label still in QC but I'm guessing that'll change within the hour.

Looks like the expanded is currently the holdup.

On friday my wife got delivered 1 modern and 1 consumer, subbed 6/10

My order (same 6/10) has modern, consumer and expanded with some reholders, all still in grading.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector rtdcomics private msg quote post Address this user
My modern fast pass received mid june have finally gone into grading
Post 39 IP   flag post
"1) As far as I know, CBCS doesn't allow pressed and non-pressed books on the same invoice (I've asked). They would've had to split the invoice, which would require additional shipping that they would have to work out with your LCS as the customer on record."

They DID allow it to happen. If they don't allow it then somebody at CBCS wasn't paying attention. The LCS owner spoke with a CBCS rep at Rose City Comicon and they told him that because they are on the same invoice is why they are taking so long. I had spoken with one of the reps on Facebook and this is

"I agree. Which is why we've stopped letting customers mix them on invoices. This change was made after your order was received.

The non press books are waiting on the pressed books. They'll all be graded at the same time. If you can get the shop to call us, we can have your books pulled, graded, and shipped out to you in a week or two. I'd be happy to do that, but I need them to authorize the changes."

Was this hold up ever conveyed to anybody sending in their books? There was never given a chance as you see they changed that AFTER our order. Why didn't they extend a little customer service to the LCS and tell them that this was going to happen and give them a chance to amend it?

The pressing process hasn't even started yet and as long as they have not started that all the rest of the books are going to be held up for at least SIX MONTHS.

I have been involved in sales for a long time and one thing that has always expressed great customer service is when something like this happens you do your best to fix it. Even if you have to eat $10-30 just to show your customers, who are spending their hard earned money on you, that you care and knowing that this will bring more business to you. I'll eat $30 on a mistake to make hundreds and even thousands more off of repeat and referral business.

CBCS basically said, oh well, you'll wait. Without any empathy or concern about the customers.

This is bad business.
Post 40 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
I received a email from my fedex account that I have a shipment coming in from cbcs. I checked my dashboard and none of the invoices have showed any movement. I guess this Friday will be a surprise when it comes in.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWKyle
I received a email from my fedex account that I have a shipment coming in from cbcs. I checked my dashboard and none of the invoices have showed any movement. I guess this Friday will be a surprise when it comes in.

CBCS isn't gonna be outdone by CGC and they are gonna send you someone else's ASM#1s? I believe CGC sent out 3 of them a few months back.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatchaman
"1) As far as I know, CBCS doesn't allow pressed and non-pressed books on the same invoice (I've asked). They would've had to split the invoice, which would require additional shipping that they would have to work out with your LCS as the customer on record."

They DID allow it to happen. If they don't allow it then somebody at CBCS wasn't paying attention. The LCS owner spoke with a CBCS rep at Rose City Comicon and they told him that because they are on the same invoice is why they are taking so long. I had spoken with one of the reps on Facebook and this is

"I agree. Which is why we've stopped letting customers mix them on invoices. This change was made after your order was received.

The non press books are waiting on the pressed books. They'll all be graded at the same time. If you can get the shop to call us, we can have your books pulled, graded, and shipped out to you in a week or two. I'd be happy to do that, but I need them to authorize the changes."

Was this hold up ever conveyed to anybody sending in their books? There was never given a chance as you see they changed that AFTER our order. Why didn't they extend a little customer service to the LCS and tell them that this was going to happen and give them a chance to amend it?

The pressing process hasn't even started yet and as long as they have not started that all the rest of the books are going to be held up for at least SIX MONTHS.

I have been involved in sales for a long time and one thing that has always expressed great customer service is when something like this happens you do your best to fix it. Even if you have to eat $10-30 just to show your customers, who are spending their hard earned money on you, that you care and knowing that this will bring more business to you. I'll eat $30 on a mistake to make hundreds and even thousands more off of repeat and referral business.

CBCS basically said, oh well, you'll wait. Without any empathy or concern about the customers.

This is bad business.

They've let me put em on the same order as other comics. They made sure the invoice was on a separate order form so nothing got confused.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Already CBCS is losing customers over this. The comic store will no longer offer this service it's customers. These are lost chances for CBCS to garner existing and/or future business. It is less hassle to not put your books through this grueling experience and/or just buy them already graded, which will cut the sending anything into being graded in half. Believe me, the earned.
Post 44 IP   flag post
600821 44 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?