Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
MemorabiliaQuestions

COMIC SPINNER RACK FROM 19544106

Collector RareComics private msg quote post Address this user

I have always found comic racks to be fascinating. I know there are others on the CBCS board who feel the same!

Any ideas as to the value of this spinner rack? Not looking to sell it, but have seen other racks from the 1960s and 1970s sell recently and that made me curious. This one is dated 1954. The header includes Uncle $crooge, Little Lulu and many other Dell characters. Condition is very roughly VG-ish overall. The part of the header shown is probably the worst part of the entire rack. It still spins! Would most appreciate any prices from actual sales of similar racks, although this being the only one of its type I remember seeing, prices for similar racks seem hard to come by. Have seen a number of references to flat 1970s racks selling in the $100. to $300. range, and 1960s racks for two or three times that, but have not seen any examples of this older kind sell. Thanks for any help!
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I think that could easy pull $500 or more from the right buyer. Due to the age and the signage I'm probably being overly conservative.

What is the story with the TMNT #1 there?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector RareComics private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the input! The Turtles is a 3rd edition, with three signatures and two Turtle head drawings IFC.
Post 3 IP   flag post
598062 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?