Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature ASP

How does cracking a slab process work3988

Collector Ny85 private msg quote post Address this user
I have a Star Wars #1 signed by Howard Chaykin and Roy Thomas I want to crack it at NYCC for Mark Hamill to sign it, how does the whole process work after the added signature? Will it be regraded?
Post 1 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ny85
I have a Star Wars #1 signed by Howard Chaykin and Roy Thomas I want to crack it at NYCC for Mark Hamill to sign it, how does the whole process work after the added signature? Will it be regraded?

Give the book to CBCS, let them crack the slab, make sure that it does not leave the sight of an authorized witness until it has been signed and submitted to CBCS with all of the paperwork.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Ny85 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:

Give the book to CBCS, let them crack the slab, make sure that it does not leave the sight of an authorized witness until it has been signed and submitted to CBCS with all of the paperwork.

How long will the process take after all the paperwork?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
1. Take your slab to the cbcs booth/table
2. Have them crack your slab
3. An AW will go with you to Mark Hamill's table/booth and witness the signature
4. You and the witness will return to cbcs booth/table and fill out submission paperwork
5. Representative will take possession of your book and you will pay for all of it
6. Book shows up back at your house a couple months later
Post 4 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:

How long will the process take after all the paperwork?

In auto racing there is an old saying.
"Speed costs money. How fast can you afford to go?"

It could cost as little as $23 and take several months. Or it could cost $8 more and take six weeks. Or you could spring for two day modern for $40 and have it back before you know it. All of these prices are grading only. Return shipping to you will add another $25 or so.
Post 5 IP   flag post
598012 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?