Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

CBCS Case Swap video Real?3983

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Agreed.
Post 176 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
I still don't care. I like the slabs the way they are now. They are better than the cgc slabs. Any slab design will eventually be compromised by someone. Everytime you build a better mousetrap, along comes a bigger mouse.

I agree with all of that, except the "I don't care" part.

I want CBCS to be successful. But to accomplish that, I would be remiss if I turned a blind eye to a stark problem with the current product. I want CBCS to make this right, so they can continue stomping upon CGC.
Post 177 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineCOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
My original labels are actually very noticeable with the heat seal going into them, none of my newer labels were sealed nearly as well.

Which means that the dirtbag who made this video either would have had to search the internets for two "error" slabs of the same book in order to make this happen, or he cut into the inner well more than implied and didnt show closeups for that reason.

Wth.

There is no reason to attack the character of a person whom you've. likely, never met, since you do not reference him by name. Let's elevate ourselves to a higher level of integrity. If this situation has already been addressed by CBCS, great (which, I believe they have). If not, then here is the opportunity to do so. But personal attacks made towards someone who is not even here to defend himself doesn't seem appropriate. Let's stay classy

+1

@GenuineCOA Torrey obviously has ulterior motives with this video, I'd have no problem saying what I said directly to him. There's no need to be shady, and anyone who is I believe to be a dirtbag. I have not seen the new video; maybe he rectified that, maybe not.

Joe, you've put up quite a stink on here about people referring to you as anything but DocBrown, and attacked the character of most of the people on this forum (including the moderators) in extremely derogatory terms on the ditch forum, while not referring to them by their first name nor having ever met them. Your +1 is astoundingly hypocritical here.

First, this side discussion isn't about me. It's about you referring to someone you don't know as a "dirtbag" with malicious motives, without any proof. That's inappropriate, no matter who it's from. If you have a valid argument, present it. If not, then calling people names isn't the right way to handle things. If he has ulterior motives, fine, present them, prove them, provide the evidence, so people can draw their own conclusions. But calling someone a dirtbag...as dirtbaggy as they may actually be...is never appropriate in social settings like this...that is, a moderated board.

You want to discuss it elsewhere, I'm sure you would be more than welcome to...elsewhere. While we are here, however, the standards of our hosts need to be followed, as much as possible...by everyone.

Unfortunately, because of human nature, people whose opinions are challenged or criticized often internalize those challenges as an attack on them, personally, rather than on what they think or believe. It takes an effort to say "ok, so and so isn't attacking me...they're just questioning what I think."

You would be very hard pressed to find actual examples of "character attacks" by me about anyone here. Just because one defines criticism and questioning as "character attacks", doesn't make them so.

As to the "referring to me as DocBrown", as has been said before, it is a matter of courtesy. When other names are used, people are often confused as to who someone is talking to. And it is as disingenuous as one can possibly be to pretend that people haven't used other names, proper and user, to take jabs at others, which is the ultimate reason why a "stink" was made (oh, and by the way, moderators WERE NOT asked to step in by me in that situation. They made that decision on their own.)

Your use of my name "Joe" here is, itself, a jab, as you well know. I use your user name here..."shrewbeer", or "SB" for short, and not Bill, or Ted, or Steve, or John, or whatever your real name is...because I want everyone to know who I am talking to, and because it's respectful to do so.
Post 178 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Nooooo don't let this thread get locked. Go away shooooooooo. Shooo fly
Post 179 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

Cut it out. Every member has as much right to post as every other member.
Post 180 IP   flag post

COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I want CBCS to be successful. But to accomplish that, I would be remiss if I turned a blind eye to a stark problem with the current product. I want CBCS to make this right, so they can continue stomping upon CGC

👌🏻👌🏻🍺
Post 181 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
I still don't care. I like the slabs the way they are now. They are better than the cgc slabs. Any slab design will eventually be compromised by someone. Everytime you build a better mousetrap, along comes a bigger mouse.

I want CBCS to be successful. But to accomplish that, I would be remiss if I turned a blind eye to a stark problem with the current product. I want CBCS to make this right, so they can continue stomping upon CGC.

But I don't care. Even if this issue is corrected, there will be another Chicken Little running around crying that the sky is falling for a different reason. Personally, I would like a better label as opposed to a book that might as well be sealed in Gloopstick (Google it). Like IronMan mentioned, don't let the idea of perfect ruin good.
Post 182 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

True. I believe Myke was pointing the pattern that has been observed about the thread locking habits of our lovely moderators.
Post 183 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

True. I believe Myke was pointing the pattern that has been observed about the thread locking habits of our lovely moderators.

Contemptuously telling ME to "shoooo", as if I'm some sort of second class citizen (which is true in the minds of some, no doubt), is the issue. It's naked contempt.
Post 184 IP   flag post
@DrWatson The current label is perfect visually imo. I think taking measures to ensure the authenticy and security is important. I believe CBCS thinks that is important too, since they took steps to create the security feature in question. Now if we can get a consistent application of that before slabs go out the door, everything will be wine and roses again.
Post 185 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user

Post 186 IP   flag post
Collector Hexigore private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone else think this has gotten a little out of hand? Just askin'.
Post 187 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

They have to start before they can continue.
And that's not a drive by dump on CBCS. I just don't see them "stomping" on CGC just yet.
Post 188 IP   flag post
@MR_SigS improper use of metaphor. Dully Noted. Carry on good sir.
Post 189 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Not so fast. What is the meaning of "stomping"?

"having a lively stamping rhythm"?

Ha Ha. You're right. I don't see CBCS having a lively stamping rhythm
Post 190 IP   flag post
Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user
LOL Deacon Dark and Organic Squishee... trying to make the forums a better place.
Post 191 IP   flag post
Nice.
Post 192 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef
LOL Deacon Dark and Organic Squishee... trying to make the forums a better place.

For the good of all mankind, don't forget that part.
Post 193 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef

Really...?
Post 194 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef

Really...?

Would you prefer RMA?
Post 195 IP   flag post
@DocBrown you don't want the good of all mankind? My apologies.
Post 196 IP   flag post

Post 197 IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexigore
Does anyone else think this has gotten a little out of hand? Just askin'.

"Little" is an under statement. We started out with a molehill and currently building the Appalachians all over again.

The part that's aggravating to me is the "concern" some are showing.

CBCS has a history of doing the right thing, and it's sad that some are demanding answers for a perceived issue that has to be proven to be an issue.
Post 198 IP   flag post
You folks going to continue with the contempt and mocking?

What does that accomplish?
Post 199 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
In before the lock. But I will say, this was a good thread.
Post 200 IP   flag post
Quote:

Should I link to your other endeavors Organic Squishee.. I mean if we're really talking about contempt and mockery....
Post 201 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef
Quote:

Should I link to your other endeavors Organic Squishee.. I mean if we're really talking about contempt and mockery....

You're more than welcome to discuss those issues there. You're free to do so, should you so choose. I stand by everything I've said, and would be happy to discuss it where it can be discussed openly.

This board is not that place.

You're using this board and its moderators as a shield. I'm sure they would prefer if you didn't, but I don't speak for them.
Post 202 IP   flag post
I am concerned on a more serious note because I buy books to get signed and slabbed through Trinity to sell so I can afford other books in my personal collection. It's my business, it's my perogative. With that said, I am greatly concerned on the resell value of CBCS slabs if people now assume they are easy to slit the tops of labels off and replace them freely in less than 3 minutes and 14 seconds like the video clearly displays in full camera mode.
Post 203 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef

Really...?

Would you prefer RMA?

Now you've done it.

Post 204 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Betting someone has already been tasked at CBCS to come up with a plan to alleviate this situation.

And odds are that the persons first name is Steve (because they are all named Steve).
Post 205 IP   flag post
601250 606 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.