Yeah, 30 seconds per slab.
Post 51 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
How do you know?
Post 52 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I use glue.
Post 53 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
he's just saying it take's no time to use some glue. duh
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Video censored 😐😑

Post 55 IP   flag post

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
So you want the guy using the encapsulatation machine to stop what he's doing and add glue to every slab and then cure it with UV light?
Post 56 IP   flag post
@DrWatson better idea to ensure tamper evident?
Post 57 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
Video censored 😐😑

I smell shenanigans! These guys are CGC fascilitators as well
Post 58 IP   flag post
@DrWatson that UV glue cures in 4 seconds brother.
Post 59 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
CEASE AND DESIST imo
Post 60 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer Bottom line is the tabs on cbcs cases are not tamper evident.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Quote:

Word.

#Word
Post 62 IP   flag post
Quote:

They are not. Personally I dont care; if I got a slab where the inner well was tampered with I would know instantly.

But, for those that do care, what does a drop of superglue cost? 1 cent? Less? Easy fix. Nobody is getting a tab off cleanly with a few drops of glue. CBCS really should respond to the issue whether I care or not though.
Post 63 IP   flag post
My concern is for new collectors who wouldn't know what to look for in the label being tampered with. Yes, the inner well would be cut to get to the label, but a determined con artist could make it very hard to notice to an untrained eye. Once market credibility starts getting questioned, bad things follow. I also don't look forward to breaking out the microscope every time I buy an eBay slab.
Post 64 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Didn't watch the video, because it seems like it isn't necessary and doesn't show much about the procedure.

But I would like to make a couple of points.

1) The speed in which this procedure can be done, does not matter much at all. It is whether or not the procedure can be done.

2) Changing the label is also a minor point. Because if I can change the book, as in switch out a 9.2 for an 8.0 Then I can sell the 8.0 in a graded 9.2 slab, and send the 9.2 in to be graded. Most collectors will assume, or have to assume, that the book labeled 9.2 has been graded thusly. I say "have to" because many people/places will not accept returns of a professionally graded and slabbed book. Just imagine a book put in the slab, that has the outside appearance of a 9.2, but is missing the centerfold.

I know many here will inspect for this from now on. But most people won't. Heck, when I have bought graded books at conventions, I have no clue what dealer I bought it from usually. I'm just not that careful with a professionally graded (allegedly) book.

Buyer beware applied prior to this, and still does apply. When there is money involved, people will find a way to game the system.
Post 65 IP   flag post
Collector robertofredrico private msg quote post Address this user
Sooooo. No more video?
Post 66 IP   flag post
Collector rckstr1253 private msg quote post Address this user
Was this a fake video?
Post 67 IP   flag post
@rckstr1253 partly
Post 68 IP   flag post
Collector rckstr1253 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
@rckstr1253 partly

Thats messed up as it could hurt cbcs appearance in the eyes of some and it was over a fake videov
Post 69 IP   flag post
@rckstr1253 which part is messed up? That someone faked parts of a video for self gain? Or that parts of the video are actual real concerns? Or that CBCS deleted it?

All of the above imo.
Post 70 IP   flag post
Collector ComicWiz private msg quote post Address this user
I don't follow, CBCS can't delete a video posted by someone else on YouTube. If you're implying something else, please elaborate.

I've cracked out CGC slabs numerous times, their barex inner wells could be peeled apart. They made refinements since, but their early slabs were easily breached without any sign of tampering.

Many years ago, Danny Dupcak posted a "how to" on the CGC forums with instructions and pictures, the mods couldn't delete that thread fast enough.

I call shenanigans on this person posting this video, and that's why it's gone.
Post 71 IP   flag post
@ComicWiz they deleted from their facebook group. The video was shenanigans, but it brought up a very real concern, which supercedes the video at this point.
Post 72 IP   flag post
Collector PeteN private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
CEASE AND DESIST imo

I'm inclined to agree with the kaptain here...
Post 73 IP   flag post
Collector ComicWiz private msg quote post Address this user
@Darthlego the video is gone though, so I'd question the users motivations before any concern about CBCS vetting their group.
Post 74 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@ComicWiz they deleted from their facebook group. The video was shenanigans, but it brought up a very real concern, which supercedes the video at this point.

What do you mean CBCS deleted it from their facebook page? the post talking about it is still there and still actively being commented on
Post 75 IP   flag post
Quote:

Wiping things clean is not CBCS' MO. You're thinking of the other guys 😁

Post 76 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
The video has NOT been deleted from the Collectors Club. The video has actually been deleted off of youtube.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Torrey has since pulled this video off of youtube. Since the video has been taken down so have my comments and I don't feel like repeating them all. A short version would be...

1) Torrey's comments are disingenuous. He doesn't not use CBCS because the slab isn't tamper proof.. He uses CGC because he's a signature facilitator and CGC demands exclusivity in such. He has to make a choice between the two. A couple of signature facilitating companies formed sister companies (Desert Wind and Celestial Comics) just so they could .represent CGC and CBCS.

2) While the video "proves" that it's possible( to tamper a CBCS slab it makes it look both way easier to do and way harder to detect than it is), it also proves that the slab CGC used their first 16 years they were n business and for 3 million plus books is even more easy to tamper with. This is where the disingenuous part comes in. Torrey has been a CGC facilitator for a long time. Including the e time period from JUly 2014 to June 2016 where CBCS clearly had the SUPERIOR, more tamper resistant slab. Torrey was a CGC facilitator during this time too. So it has NOTHING to do with the slabs and their tamper resistance and EVERYTHING to do with business. Maybe he gets some requests for getting signatures for CBCS. Instead of saying "I can't do this, CGC won't let me, I recommend xxxx", instead it's played as a quality thing.

I've used Torrey as a facilitator and been happy with his services. I've recommended him to others who have used his services. But the video is unwarranted and deceptive and there is a reason he's yanking it. IDK for sure why it was posted and why it's being taken down, but it's deceptive.

I could go on and on. but I'll just close with this. This is obviously a CBCS friendly forum. But even the most ferocious CGC fanboy ought to recognize they owe a big thank you to CBCS. CGC is a remarkably and demonstrably BETTER company than what there were three years ago. BECAUSE of legitimate competition from CBCS. They talked for a decade about a better slab that addressed issues of tampering and clarity. Customers put up with wait times of 5-7 months for a decade. The modern tier was bumped up to 1980. Then competition came along and all of a sudden these things got done or improved.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan

I could go on and on. but I'll just close with this. This is obviously a CBCS friendly forum. But even the most ferocious CGC fanboy ought to recognize they owe a big thank you to CBCS. CGC is a remarkably and demonstrably BETTER company than what there were three years ago. BECAUSE of legitimate competition from CBCS. They talked for a decade about a better slab that addressed issues of tampering and clarity. Customers put up with wait times of 5-7 months for a decade. The modern tier was bumped up to 1980. Then competition came along and all of a sudden these things got done or improved.

This, this, this. This times a million.

Competition is the key to success for everyone.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
The video has NOT been deleted from the Collectors Club. The video has actually been deleted off of youtube.

Ok, that is good to know.
Post 80 IP   flag post
601464 606 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.