CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

CBCS Case Swap video Real?3983

Collector Symbiote private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
@Symbiote I suggest you read those quotes you just made over and over again until you actually comprehend what each person was actually saying. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Ya, I read 'em

Here, you read this and put your own spin on it for me and tell me it means something else. Thx.

"You wouldn't be mad that I sold you something that wasn't what I claimed it was right? You wouldn't want a replacement or your money back either. Yeah I guess we are all just over reacting..."
Post 551 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@Symbiote Big Rig is talking about buyers asking for refunds on a scam book with swapped labels, like a Hulk 181 with MVS cut out swapped with one that is complete.
Post 552 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Symbiote Big Rig is talking about buyers asking for refunds on a scam book with swapped labels, like a Hulk 181 with MVS cut out swapped with one that is complete.
Exactly it was for reference of what could happen. Are you going to open that slab to check its all there and then regard it?
Post 553 IP   flag post
I'd be happy to actually pay for reslabbing of a key book I intend to sell, if it was in a case with no security measures (like half of my new label books are), and CBCS introduced a new solution that had definitive tamper evidence like a heat embossed logo.
Post 554 IP   flag post
@DarthLego
@BigRig

"Yeah if CBCS corrected it's mistake it might make them go bankrupt. Its called being accountable. If you make a mistake you correct it simple".

C'mon guys, really? I know what I'm reading. Explicitly asking for the mistake to be corrected, even if it means going bankrupt? That's asking for a re-slab or refund. I guess you'll spin that one into something else as well.

Edit - BTW, the above quote was @BigRig 's response to my post, so it was definitly referring to re-slab or refund

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiote
Oh, I didn't even realize that some people actually think CBCS is going to re-slab everyone's books? They may go bankrupt doing that.
Post 555 IP   flag post

Thing is they shouldn't really reslab them I could do a label swap and reslab with the new security features and boom its good. They don't regrade just reslab think as a criminal thinks...
Post 556 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
this has gone way out of hand. does anyone actually have a cbcs slabbed book they have bought which they think have been swapped?
Post 557 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
this has gone way out of hand. does anyone actually have a cbcs slabbed book they have bought which they think have been swapped?

I have books that CAN be swapped...That's the point.
Post 558 IP   flag post

No heat seals. None.
Post 559 IP   flag post
unless they have been - move on and wait for cbcs to make an announcement.
Post 560 IP   flag post
Ok so once you are a victim of fraud then you will be mad noted
Post 561 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego So it looks like the heat seals can miss the labels altogether in some cases. Does this vary based on the width of the book or is it just by chance?
Post 562 IP   flag post
Just by chance it can have none or a very small amount or be great its just a gamble
Post 563 IP   flag post
Quote:
unless they have been - move on

Why should I "move on?" I have a legitimate concern about the product I purchased not being tamper evident as advertised. I have a legitimate concerns about how many other books made it onto the marketplace without security measures added to the labels. I have a legitimate concern about untrustworthy people taking advantage of those books on the market and the information that is now out there that the clips can be removed and replaced without evidence. These are all legitimate concerns. Why should I move on without having my concerns addressed by the company? And who the hell are you to tell me to move on?
Post 564 IP   flag post
So, even though it's been stated. You don't want a a re-slab/refund.

Now, I don't understand how a new and improved CBCS holder is gonna give you guys peace of mind about your current "tamper-able" slabs?
Post 565 IP   flag post
@DarthLego

Quote:
Quote:
unless they have been - move on

Why should I "move on?" I have a legitimate concern about the product I purchased not being tamper evident as advertised. I have a legitimate concerns about how many other books made it onto the marketplace without security measures added to the labels. I have a legitimate concern about untrustworthy people taking advantage of those books on the market and the information that is now out there that the clips can be removed and replaced without evidence. These are all legitimate concerns. Why should I move on without having my concerns addressed by the company? And who the hell are you to tell me to move on?

You've just went back and forth with me stating that no one wants a reslab/refund, so how do you propose this gets resolved instead?
Post 566 IP   flag post
@Symbiote No one said give us a new holder. We just want an answer about making the label tamper evident going forward. Because the current method seems to have failed in being consistent.
Post 567 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
If you don't like what Wal-Mart is selling, take your business to Target.

These are the kind of asinine replies that are of absolutely no help in advancing a reasonable solution to the topic at hand and helping CBCS establish themselves and their brand.

#1 Wal-Mart, as the world's largest retailer, dealing in Millions of different products and who's brand name recognition is firmly Established World Wide an faces little to no threat of market share lose from consumers who choose to shop else where. Why? because they dominate the sector with their FIRMLY Established BRAND NAME RECONIGITION.

CBCS on the other hand deals with ONE product, COMIC BOOKS, in addition to being a start up company looking to establish brand name recognition in order to gain market share in a small specialty arena.

The "If you don't like it, take your business elsewhere" attitude is plain stupid for a young start up company looking to establish it's Brand and gain market share in a "single product" niche Market such as comic books. The loss of even minimal Market share at this point in CBCS's young history could threaten to sink them. I don't believe their Marketing Team are stupid enough to not address the matter in a professional manner. You don't gain loyal customers by telling them to F-off and shop else where.

I believe CBCS has a GOLDEN opportunity HERE! The Unveiling a NEW highly innovative security Seal would most certainly go a long way in setting them apart from all others in the hobby, and in establishing the "Brand Name Recognition" that is crucial to their success in capturing Market Share. Anything less would be a failure IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Nobody is asking for re holders or refunds. What is wrong with you people? Are we not grown adults?

+1 just more ridiculous comments by people looking to put spin on the topic.

I would like to see CBCS implement the new Security features I mentioned above and then offer a discounted re-slabbing fee special for those who choose to do so. I think this would also go a long way in helping them even further establish their credibility and brand name recognition which would lead to more market share as well. I believe it is Absolutely critical for CBCS's long term success to focus on doing the right things NOW to establish "Brand Name Recognition", in order to capture Market Share, and thus ensuring them the future profitability and staying power that will be required in becoming the premier grading company in the hobby.

Just My 2 cents worth
Post 568 IP   flag post
@DarthLego

You sound understandably concerned about the product not being as advertised and mention all of the negative issues that could arise, but you seek no compensation?
Post 569 IP   flag post
@Symbiote I want the problem addressed as being real. I want to hear what CBCS plans to do going forward to make the problem never happen again. I don't want compensation for anything, and don't see what seeking compensation would accomplish. Everyone here wants CBCS to succeed, not fail.
Post 570 IP   flag post
One positive thing which has come out of this thread is that it provides an excellent insight into the personality for a number of people!

Oh - on back on the comic front - for star wars fans - latest news is that obi-wan kenobi might get his own Star Wars movie.
Post 571 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
I know what the answer is here to prevent label swapping... "RIVETS".
Post 572 IP   flag post
@BigRedOne1944 Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Quote:

These are the kind of asinine replies that are of absolutely no help in advancing a reasonable solution to the topic at hand and helping CBCS establish themselves and their brand.

What's asinine is repeatedly doing the same thing and getting no results. If this company is not doing what you want, then find another company until they do. Some people would of rather complain than find a solution.
Post 573 IP   flag post
Quote:
@DarthLego

You sound understandably concerned about the product not being as advertised and mention all of the negative issues that could arise, but you seek no compensation?

uuhh..... Never mind you just don't get it.

Quote:

Oh - on back on the comic front - for star wars fans - latest news is that obi-wan kenobi might get his own Star Wars movie.

Don't care has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand. Please start another thread for this jiberish
Post 574 IP   flag post
Quote:
@BigRedOne1944 Quote:
Quote:

What's asinine is repeatedly doing the same thing and getting no results. If this company is not doing what you want, then find another company until they do. Some people would of rather complain than find a solution.

Please see previous asinine quote above. It again applies here
Post 575 IP   flag post
As stated - personalities come to light in this thread
Post 576 IP   flag post
Quote:
@BigRedOne1944 Quote:
Quote:

So your suggestion is to instead of seeking an answer and solution from CBCS about their product and brand, which I am a loyal customer of and respect their company, your suggestion is that I instead go to one of the other companies which I currently have no loyalty to or respect for? That's so freaking brilliant! Why didn't I think of that before?
Post 577 IP   flag post
@BigRedOne1944 @DarthLego

Quote:
Why didn't I think of that before?

Because you find it much more enjoyable to sit here and complain.

If you respect this company as you claim to, then respect the fact that they'll tell you when they're ready to tell you.
Post 578 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@BigRedOne1944 @DarthLego

Quote:
Why didn't I think of that before?

Because you find it much more enjoyable to sit here and complain.

If you respect this company as you claim to, then respect the fact that they'll tell you when they're ready to tell you.

It's much more productive to get offended on behalf of a group of people over nothing and try to get someone booted.

Right?
Post 579 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user

Post 580 IP   flag post
601472 606 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.