Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

CBCS Case Swap video Real?3983

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
They should auction off dinner with Jake from State Farm.
Post 526 IP   flag post
Collector ONLINE_209 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
They should auction off dinner with Jake from State Farm.
LOL
Post 527 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Using the examples of the 10 highest value comic books known to be encapsulated doesn't make any point. OF COURSE a 9.6 Amazing Fantasy #15 in a slab, can not be faked by a lesser copy of AF #15. And no one is worried about something like that happening.

Actually, I'm sure a crafty criminal can replace a higher graded book with a lower graded or fraudulent one and make it look better/acceptable/normal.

If people can fake multi-million dollar artwork, of course they can do the same for a book intended to remain in a case.

But I agree that the average collector, like me, does not have a major concern about such high grade and big ticket books, simply because we don't buy them.

What Jrs says.

I've collected, bought & sold comic books for a very long time. Since the 1960's. I wouldn't be so confident that a 9.4 ASM 15 swapped for a 9.6 wouldn't fool anyone. It would fool nearly everyone. And it would be a worthwhile swap. Like half a million dollars worthwhile.

But also as Jrs says, this Big Ticket thing isn't a concern for most collectors because few of us are buying quarter million dollar and up comic books. But the principle is the same. Small time crooks could make nice beer & cigarette money swapping restored 9.0 Hulk 181's and ASM 129's for unrestored 9.2's. It can be done. And it's been a possibility from the first day CGC opened it's doors and it's still possible - WITH ALL OF THE GRADING COMPANIES.

But it doesn't happen often - it's rare. I've bought and sold lots of slabbed books since CGC opened in Jan 2000 At least a thousand. Maybe a couple of thousand. I've seen two (swapped/faked books). One fooled me - A Cap 100 that was originally a CGC restored 9.0 that I bought as a CGC 9.2 universal at a show. That one a new label was printed. A nice job on the label - I now know what to look for but it was well done. The slab was perfect. I discovered it when I cracked it. Still have pictures if anyone cares. The other did not fool me - a Star Trek 1 CGC 8.0 that looked no better than 6.0. That one was sent to me with a slab pro (the vinyl rubber case protectors) on it. When I took it off the bottom posts were loose.

I believe CBCS is looking at and will implement some improvements that aid in tamper evidence/resistance. But I also know such takes time. No grading company makes their own slabs or inner holders. They buy those from suppliers. Changes have to be both be discussed in what can or can't be done and tooled up to implement. Maybe the tabs could be made more prone to crack on opening. But they still have to be put on WITHOUT cracking. Extending the side welds to the top through the label may involve more than we think. It might involve changes to the inner holder or to the machinery that does the heat sealing.

It is just unreasonable to demand answers every few hours when the potential has been around for 17+ years.
Post 528 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Whew! Finally I got skipped past all the Drama and BS with the "racial/rude" crap that I don't give
give a hoot about.

Don't care about issues with any of the CGC slabs.

Don't even care about the videos at this point as well.

Don't care about the debate on the so called "heat seals" on the current CBCS labels.
They were obviously never intended for security and even if they are present are still a poor excuse for a security measure. Seriously? A little bitty 1/8 (if lucky)heat seal over run onto the label that can be easily trimmed off.

I would like my graded books to be with CBCS, so again I don't care anything about Past, Present or future practices with CGC, PGX or any Grading company out there. NONE of the has ANY bearing on weather or not I will entrust my future hard earned money with CBCS.

One thing and one thing only will determine my decision. Will CBCS implement a legitimate security feature? Without that KEY feature it's very hard to be considered a premium top tier Grading and Authentication company.

"The label should be heat sealed embossed to the inner well so it can't be removed without destroying it. I'm not talking about along the edges, but embossed with the CBCS logo, it could even be part of the CBCS logo to be less obtrusive. It would kind of give the logo a slight 3 dimensional look. If done right, it might look pretty cool and make the label darn near tamper proof."

IF CBCS wants to gain Market share and be taken seriously as top tier professional Grading and Authentication company its going to take a legitimate security measure, as mentioned above for me to consider them a premier player in the hobby. Otherwise they will fall to the way side and become just another second rate wanta be player in the hobby.

Sadly, integrity is sorely lacking in today's world. I can only hope that CBCS makes the right decision that will set them apart from all the second tier wantabe's. Until such time I will be reluctant to use the service or product.
Post 529 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user

Post 530 IP   flag post

Post 531 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 532 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 533 IP   flag post
When do you guys think they will be back in the office to answer these questions? I thought it was going to be Monday but here it is going on Friday..
Post 534 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRig
When do you guys think they will be back in the office to answer these questions? I thought it was going to be Monday but here it is going on Friday..
as Wyclef Jean once said they will be "gone till November" lol
Post 535 IP   flag post

Post 536 IP   flag post
Collector Symbiote private msg quote post Address this user
If you don't like what Wal-Mart is selling, take your business to Target.
Post 537 IP   flag post

Post 538 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry Symbiote, nobody wants a "go somewhere else" when they're charged for a service that was not provided.

From this very website-

"The books are then sealed into CBCS’s archival safe inner holder. The inner holder, along with the CBCS label is then inserted and sealed into CBCS’s cutting-edge, tamper evident outer case. Once every book in the invoice is encapsulated the books enter the quality control department."
Post 539 IP   flag post
@RexMuff Quote:
Originally Posted by RexMuff
Sorry Symbiote, nobody wants a "go somewhere else" when they're charged for a service that was not provided.

From this very website-

"The books are then sealed into CBCS’s archival safe inner holder. The inner holder, along with the CBCS label is then inserted and sealed into CBCS’s cutting-edge, tamper evident outer case. Once every book in the invoice is encapsulated the books enter the quality control department."

Oh, I didn't even realize that some people actually think CBCS is going to re-slab everyone's books? They may go bankrupt doing that.
Post 540 IP   flag post
Lmao we don't know what to think yet the gods havent told us what to think. Yeah if CBCS corrected it's mistake it might make them go bankrupt. Its called being accountable. If you make a mistake you correct it simple. I can tell you my hulk 181 is worth 2k and complete but when you get it in your hand it doesn't have a MVS. Worth it then? You wouldn't be mad that I sold you something that wasn't what I claimed it was right? You wouldn't want a replacement or your money back either. Yeah I guess we are all just over reacting...
Post 541 IP   flag post
@BigRig Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRig
Lmao we don't know what to think yet the gods havent told us what to think. Yeah if CBCS corrected it's mistake it might make them go bankrupt. Its called being accountable. If you make a mistake you correct it simple. I can tell you my hulk 181 is worth 2k and complete but when you get it in your hand it doesn't have a MVS. Worth it then? You wouldn't be mad that I sold you something that wasn't what I claimed it was right? You wouldn't want a replacement or your money back either. Yeah I guess we are all just over reacting...

I honestly thought all of the moaning and groaning was to get CBCS to modify their slabs.

There is absolutely no way you're getting a re-slab of every book they've ever graded or a refund for every book they've graded for that matter.
Post 542 IP   flag post
I don't recall free reslabs of every effected book being asked for by those who are concerned about the tamper evidence of the slab, and about the QC issue that let un-heat-sealed labels onto the market.
Post 543 IP   flag post
@DarthLego

You don"t recall that?

But you just recently "liked" @RexMuff 's post which stated " nobody wants a 'go somewhere else' when they're charged for a service that was not provided" - sounds like a request for a re-slab or refund

You also just recently "liked" @BigRig 's post rhetorically asking "You wouldn't want a replacement or your money back either" - explicitly asking for a re-slab or a refund.

Not sure why you would say you don't recall.
Post 544 IP   flag post

Post 545 IP   flag post
@Symbiote I suggest you read those quotes you just made over and over again until you actually comprehend what each person was actually saying. Go ahead, I'll wait.
Post 546 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user

Post 547 IP   flag post

gonna need my 3D glasses for when things really start poppin off lol
Post 548 IP   flag post
Nobody is asking for re holders or refunds. What is wrong with you people? Are we not grown adults?
Post 549 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke

Did you not read the posts I referred to in my last comment?
Post 550 IP   flag post
@DarthLego

Quote:
@Symbiote I suggest you read those quotes you just made over and over again until you actually comprehend what each person was actually saying. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Ya, I read 'em

Here, you read this and put your own spin on it for me and tell me it means something else. Thx.

"You wouldn't be mad that I sold you something that wasn't what I claimed it was right? You wouldn't want a replacement or your money back either. Yeah I guess we are all just over reacting..."
Post 551 IP   flag post
@Symbiote Big Rig is talking about buyers asking for refunds on a scam book with swapped labels, like a Hulk 181 with MVS cut out swapped with one that is complete.
Post 552 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Symbiote Big Rig is talking about buyers asking for refunds on a scam book with swapped labels, like a Hulk 181 with MVS cut out swapped with one that is complete.
Exactly it was for reference of what could happen. Are you going to open that slab to check its all there and then regard it?
Post 553 IP   flag post
I'd be happy to actually pay for reslabbing of a key book I intend to sell, if it was in a case with no security measures (like half of my new label books are), and CBCS introduced a new solution that had definitive tamper evidence like a heat embossed logo.
Post 554 IP   flag post
@DarthLego
@BigRig

"Yeah if CBCS corrected it's mistake it might make them go bankrupt. Its called being accountable. If you make a mistake you correct it simple".

C'mon guys, really? I know what I'm reading. Explicitly asking for the mistake to be corrected, even if it means going bankrupt? That's asking for a re-slab or refund. I guess you'll spin that one into something else as well.

Edit - BTW, the above quote was @BigRig 's response to my post, so it was definitly referring to re-slab or refund

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiote
Oh, I didn't even realize that some people actually think CBCS is going to re-slab everyone's books? They may go bankrupt doing that.
Post 555 IP   flag post
600879 606 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.