Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

CBCS Case Swap video Real?3983

Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O any update on what CBCS is doing to address the lack of tamper evidence on slabs?
Post 476 IP   flag post
Collector Symbiote private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O

Fair response. Appreciated 👍🏻
Post 477 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
@Jesse_O any update on what CBCS is doing to address the lack of tamper evidence on slabs?

Not yet. We are just mods here. We are not employees of CBCS. When there is an announcement, we'll find out at the same time as everyone else. However, we DO bug Ricketts about it almost daily!! LOL
Post 478 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user

Post 479 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
It is correct that the PM system doesn't work between regular members during a suspension. That's true for both the suspendee, and the ones trying to communicate with same.

But this does reveal a bit about how the report button is used, and why, doesn't it...?

Isn't the answer to just decide not to be offended by these terms in the first place? I don't mean comments directed at specific people; the most innocuous-seeming comment can be a personal attack, and the most "offensive" term, not. But wouldn't it be nice if people treated such words with the attention they deserve (that is, none), and didn't give them power by reacting to them...?

I know there are arguments about how offensive the terms are; we've all heard them. But since you can't change someone else's mind by force, wouldn't it just be healthier to choose to not be offended, rather than holding people to standards that they may not even be AWARE of...? Is it reasonable to expect people to know even down to regional slang what not to say...? Political correctness is the death knell of a civilization.

That said, I must say that the number of reports should never, under any circumstances, be used to judge anything. 1 person can be completely correct, and 1,000 people can be absolutely wrong. And no, I'm not being self-referential; that's a general principle. The substance of the report, and its context, are what matters.
Post 480 IP   flag post

Collector Atakmunky7 private msg quote post Address this user
At least nobody called anybody a glip glop.
Post 481 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@Atakmunky7 What's up my glip glip?!?
Post 482 IP   flag post
I think the world would be a better place if everyone just asked themselves before posting...Am I being a Jerry? And if you don't know what that means, you're probably being a Jerry. So don't be a Jerry.
Post 483 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
I think the world would be a better place if everyone just asked themselves before posting...Am I being a Jerry? And if you don't know what that means, you're probably being a Jerry. So don't be a Jerry.

Who is Jerry? Jerry from Cars? Jerry Springer? Who is this Jerry you write about?
Post 484 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user

Post 485 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Who is Jerry? Jerry from Cars? Jerry Springer? Who is this Jerry you write about?

Post 486 IP   flag post

Post 487 IP   flag post
Collector Syridian private msg quote post Address this user
Wow this has really gone off the rails.
Post 488 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Regardless, it was a rude comment. But, it's definitely snowing in here 🤔

Post 489 IP   flag post
Post 490 IP   flag post
@jrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs
@Symbiote, on a positive note, cool avatar/pic. Is that a venomized Superman?

Yes.

Post 491 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

As someone of German decent I am highly offended at what you just said. Maybe next time read what you type before posting it and being a hypocrite.

Thank you
Post 492 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Regardless, it was a rude comment. But, it's definitely snowing in here 🤔

Post 493 IP   flag post
Collector D84 private msg quote post Address this user
I remember the good old days when someone would call you an offensive term, you'd flip them off and move on with your life.
Post 494 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by D84
I remember the good old days when someone would call you an offensive term, you'd flip them off and move on with your life.

If someone did that on here they would be suspended for the offensive flipping off gesture. Go figure.
Post 495 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer as someone who lives in a warm and humid climate I'm offended by your snow reference.
Post 496 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
What does everyone think about maybe starting a new thread about insults and everyone's feelings getting hurt and maybe let this one go back to us wanting to know about the CBCS case integrity and a response from CBCS?
Post 497 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
@shrewbeer as someone who lives in a warm and humid climate I'm offended by your snow reference.

I take offense to your offense of my offense.
Post 498 IP   flag post
Collector Atakmunky7 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Atakmunky7 What's up my glip glip?!?

Way to go Jerry.
Post 499 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 500 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user

Post 501 IP   flag post
Until we get answers...

Post 502 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@Towmater That's hilarious!!!

Post 503 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user

Post 504 IP   flag post
I think the answer is probably just going to be better QC. @Thanatos just got back a slab with some really nice long legs..err I mean, heat seals.

Not sure if they are going to address the ease of opening the case? The website does call it a "tamper evident hard case" 🤔
Post 505 IP   flag post
597875 606 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.