Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Modern AgeMovies TelevisionPop CultureToys Statues

The Last Jedi Thread (May Contain Spoilers)3931

COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Watch out for the PJWs
Post 26 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Cue the PETA logo in the credits..."No Porgs were harmed in the filming of this motion picture."

Well at least not until Vader ran out of padawan to kill.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:
Cue the PETA logo in the credits..."No Porgs were harmed in the filming of this motion picture."

Well at least not until Vader ran out of padawan to kill.

In A New Hope

Obi-Wan to Luke: "Here Luke, this lightsaber was your fathers. He murdered 30 children with it. have fun."
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user
Force Friday II coincides with Fanexpo Canada and I'm certain they're planning something for the event.

Post 29 IP   flag post
T.I.E. Silencer, this is Kylo's plane:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/tie-silencer

Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Okay everyone....here are some of my theories....and I have been following this franchise since its onset.

TLJ:
- it will go back in time for a portion of the movie and show how Luke trained Kylo Ren.
- it will go back in time to show the audience the origin of how the Knights of Ren came to be
- we already have seen Rey being trained by Luke - so that is no longer a secret.
- Han Solo will be part of the movie, because his death occured after Kylo was trained, but it doesn't show the "break-up" or how Kylo shunned his family and the Rebellion
- related to the last installment (Ep IX), we can also probably expect that Rey will be chosen to be a Jedi and then begin a new training program for new Jedi.

:o)

IMO.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
@ZosoRocks Interesting....good theories. I know I'm not the first to mention it, but it looked to me like Luke was standing in front of a headstone at the end of the last movie. Wondering, if it IS a grave, who is it? Mara Jade maybe?
Post 32 IP   flag post
I think it will delve in to some of the more ancient history with the
je'daii order and Ashla, Bogan, Bendu, etc. Some of the books seen in the trailer make me think that. I think Luke found the books in an old temple and is now somewhere between light and dark ... somewhere grey.

At Star Wars Celebration, Daisy Ridley was talking about the movie and she said something to the effect of "Sometimes it's bad to meet your heroes because they don't turn out they way you thought they would." It seems she's referring to a worn out, beaten down Luke who lost all his padawan and exiled himself as penance. This last part plays to @ZosoRock's comment about Rey being trained by luke
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexMuff
@ZosoRocks Interesting....good theories. I know I'm not the first to mention it, but it looked to me like Luke was standing in front of a headstone at the end of the last movie. Wondering, if it IS a grave, who is it? Mara Jade maybe?

I wonder if it is Padme's headstone.....and honoring her.

Of course it could be clearly anyone's, including Obi-Wan's......but it is fun to make a guessing game out of it.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
I think it will delve in to some of the more ancient history with the
je'daii order and Ashla, Bogan, Bendu, etc. Some of the books seen in the trailer make me think that. I think Luke found the books in an old temple and is now somewhere between light and dark ... somewhere grey.

At Star Wars Celebration, Daisy Ridley was talking about the movie and she said something to the effect of "Sometimes it's bad to meet your heroes because they don't turn out they way you thought they would." It seems she's referring to a worn out, beaten down Luke who lost all his padawan and exiled himself as penance. This last part plays to @ZosoRock's comment about Rey being trained by luke

Here is Daisy's quote
“We go deeper into Rey’s story and what is very apparent from where we left off in The Force Awakens...is Rey has a certain expectation in what she might get from Luke and what that might entail and as people know, it’s difficult when you meet your heroes because it’s not quite what you expect.”
Post 35 IP   flag post
Would love to get some Old Republic stuff mixed in. Or, like you said @JLS_Comics, some ancient je'daii info
Post 36 IP   flag post
Another theory I had was that Rey is an actual decendant of Luke's through a "trist" that Luke may have had.

Whether this is true for the movie, I haven't a clue, but it sounds intriquing.

Another thought I have had, to go along with that.....Kylo's reign appears to have been after the Battle of Jakku.

Now if this is the case, we also can speculate that Kylo was trained before that time period, thus, since Rey and He look to be similar ages....it is feasible to think that Kylo was on Jakku during Rey's growing up.

Hmmmmm.....
Post 37 IP   flag post
Didn't Han and Leia have twins? Was that in a book?
Post 38 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Padme would have been buried on Naboo. This is an ancient Jedi planet that fell out of common knowledge 1000s of years before. Luke most likely went there in search of a Jedi Holocron.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:
Yes, but those are no longer canon. They also had an older son besides the twins.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Quote:

Good thinking.....I've not heard that, but if you think about the genetics, Leia would have the "twin" gene, as would Luke.

Hmmm....good theory.....
Post 41 IP   flag post
But neither Han nor leia let on to it in the movie, which threw me off. Wouldn't they know?
Post 42 IP   flag post
Quote:
Would love to get some Old Republic stuff mixed in. Or, like you said @JLS_Comics, some ancient je'daii info

Same here and they did have Bendu on Rebels, which is canon, so it's not out of the question

Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Rise, wash, spin, and repeat...The Star Wars story. Sounds a lot like Luke making assumptions about Yoda and the training he was going off to.
Post 44 IP   flag post
@towmater very true. In fact, this 3rd trilogy set does align with the first. TFA = ANH and TLJ = ESB. The plot points revealed thus far have TLJ pairing up with ESB quite nicely.

Even my favorite DJ theory about him being Ransolm makes him the Lando of this film.
Post 45 IP   flag post
“Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.”

– Yoda
Post 46 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@towmater very true. In fact, this 3rd trilogy set does align with the first. TFA = ANH and TLJ = ESB. The plot points revealed thus far have TLJ pairing up with ESB quite nicely.

Even my favorite DJ theory about him being Ransolm makes him the Lando of this film.

If Leia isn't in IX then I guess we know who battles Kylo and doesn't win and the possible reason his helmet looks like this and is smoking:

Post 47 IP   flag post
OFF WITH HER HAND!!

:o)
Post 48 IP   flag post
We already got a Han chopped off lol
Post 49 IP   flag post
LOL...I what you did there!

Clever you are.
Post 50 IP   flag post
Too soon?
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
I honestly hope that Rey is of Obi-Wan's lineage. Rey Kenobi would make me so happy, we all know that Obi- Wan is the true star of the franchise!

Here is some food for thought in regards to the Rey Kenobi theory:

https://www.reddit.com/r/theforceawakens/comments/40was2/heres_proof_that_rey_is_related_to_obiwan_kenobi/
Post 52 IP   flag post
Obi-Wan had a fling with Mandalorian Dutchess Satine imo.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Quote:
Too soon?

Nah.....I chuckled.....
Post 54 IP   flag post

Post 55 IP   flag post
597868 55 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?