Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

Image Blind Box - utter disappointment x23909

Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
you can add to the list that negan was advertised to be available in the blind box only - just for 10+ copies 9.8 SS to have been slabbed months before and gradually appearing on the market

I understand what you are saying but to shine some light on it, those copies that started appearing the day before the blind boxes were even released were the artist copies who had a comic book store in the UK that he has a friendship with sell his copies. I personally felt that what Image should have done is made the 500 copies that they stated they would be found only in the blind box, and yes they did say the book was EXCLUSIVE to the blind box, therefore only found in the blind box and that implied that ALL 500 copies would be randomly inserted in the boxes. The fact that the creators received copies means A) not 500 copies were inserted in the blind boxes as advertised and B) the possibility that more than 500 copies were produced. What Image should have done was print up an "Creators Edition" copy that was number stamped on the cover that was only intended for those who work on the book. Maybe 25 copies total, but by numbering and stamping them Creator Copy would then be different from the "500 copies" that were intended for the blind boxes.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
I think they said, limited to 500 copies, and the only time it would be printed as a single issue comic. I don't think they specifically said all 500 copies would be blind box exclusive. Lawyers, gotta love em.

Here is the official press release, note the word "exclusive" before the Negan listing.

https://imagecomics.com/content/view/image-comics-25th-anniversary-blind-box-to-hit-stores-this-july
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexMuff
No virgins or blanks? Open another one! I know it'll be in the next one😯

I know, right? You get some comic boxes, you're bound to find virgins...

almost. 2nd box basically only contained b&w covers - but cannot complain on that box although bit weird

I actually weighed my blind boxes. One of them was over a pound heavier. One would think with the same amount of books, same packaging that the weight would be close to the same. The one that was over a pound heavier was loaded with blank wraparound sketch covers. The first 9 I opened were blank covers. By the time that box was finished being opened I had 14 out of 25 comics as blank sketch covers. Ultimately in my boxes there were no original art or even virgin covers, but I pulled a Negan which happen to be in my fourth and final box and it was in the 23rd comic opened so I was close to the wire on that one.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector vacaboca private msg quote post Address this user
@Kinsella5 I'm psyched you pulled one - that was really the only moment I was hoping for. That said, I just got the ebay box from Skybound, with my Negan in it... it's noted as a "publishers comp" copy, though presumably identical to the ones in the boxes. Here's the link to the auction, if it's of interest. I feel used and abused, but my Walking Dead collection feels incomplete without that damned book. I'm not shooting for every variant of #1, those come out too frequently and are a pain to hunt/track, and I don't have some of the early 2nd prints (no blue #33 Governor variant), but have almost every other cover/issue released.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
B
O
X
O
F
L
I
E
S
!
Post 30 IP   flag post

COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
So, did anyone learn anything from this "event"?
Post 31 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@conditionfreak Yep, keep it sealed and sell for profit before the shiny glow wears off.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector vacaboca private msg quote post Address this user
For what it's worth, I just opened the box I bought from the Skybound CBLDF auction, and the copy of the Here's Negan preview was beautiful... slight thumb indent on the right side of the front cover, presses to at least a 9.8 though, really beautiful.

I'll be at the Vermont Comic Con next week, Cliff Rathburn will be there... I'm tempted to get him to sign it, with the ultimate goal of getting Kirkman and Adlard too... but I'm really lazy, which means I'm better off keeping it where it is now, at the end of my Walking Dead run where it belongs.

Actually holding it helped this whole mess feel a bit better... I just wish there were a good way to get rid of the other 74 issues (7 now blank covers, the rest regular variants) more easily. But I'll hold them for now, along with way too many other books
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
So, did anyone learn anything from this "event"?

Yes, I got a Liefeld OA sketch cover out of the deal. It worked for me.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
So I was dumb and ordered a blind box last weekend. $300. Opening now... will update

Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
I got a refund on mine. I was going to keep it, but they emailed it to offer it to me and after reading horror stories I declined. They stated they had five people behind me and were willing to refund it if I didn't want it.

I think they were happy I declined since I only paid $125.
Post 36 IP   flag post
So about half of these have bends on corners and such, color breaking bends. Basically making them 8.5 max after press.

The Rose one is literally bent along the entire spine by an inch. Wow wtf.

Post 37 IP   flag post
Perhaps that is the reason why I got so lucky with the rest? They gave me all the bent ones then added these 3 beauties: Negan 2x & OA Sketch Cover (All NM)

Post 38 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
@KingNampa So YOU were the one that stole my luck last night! I had a chain of events that will not have me own any slabbed comics for a while. But since you got my luck, I'll do my best to be fine with that. Cheers to what you got.
Post 39 IP   flag post
600451 39 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?