Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature VSPQuestionsSignatures

Red vs Blue label: exclusively signed comics3893

Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
So I just picked up a copy of Crypt of Dawn #1 variant cover. This cover was limited to 5,000 copies and ONLY came signed. There are no unsigned copies of it distributed. Now I know of course I can submit it for a red label, but I would rather just get a blue label (and save $25) since the signature is obviously legit. My main concern though is CBCS giving it a grade hit for "writing on the inside cover." I just don't think a book should get a grade hit for something it came with from the publisher.

I think this has implications for other books like this as well. What are your thoughts?

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
I would go for the red label, personally. A definite conundrum if you don't want to spend the money or if the sig isn't on the verified list.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpiercy
I would go for the red label, personally. A definite conundrum if you don't want to spend the money or if the sig isn't on the verified list.

I was thinking the red label would look cool with this cover, but for the extra $25 is not worth it to me. This is a fairly inexpensive book too.
Post 3 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
There was something similar to this with the cgc and a Walking Dead Lucille variant. All copies where supposed to be signed copies with no unsigned copies exisiting. It didn't take long until, lo and behold, unsigned copies were showing up on eBay.

So, the odds of CBCS giving this book a blue label with a pass on the signature are slim to none.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
If you dont do VSP, it will probably be treated as a defect, i.e. writing on the cover. I'd vote for either red label or keeping it raw but not blue
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Call the powers at CBCS or private message one of them here to see what their take is on something like this. I'm sure they'd be more than helpful and glad to answer your question/concern.
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkga is this for sale?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector 1nOnly private msg quote post Address this user
Go red label all the way. Will look cooler and no worries about getting knocked for a blemish. If the 25 extra bucks is going to break you, keep the book raw and display it in one of the BCW showcases. Love the cover BTW.
Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user
clickable text

Seems like this book was pretty much the same deal. You would get a grade drop
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
@Darkga is this for sale?

LOL, no I just bought it. They are inexpensive though, about $20 to $30 raw.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Red label it is then... I'll put it deep in the to-be-slabbed box though. Thanks!
Post 11 IP   flag post
598003 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?