Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASP

Yellow Label Image 25 Blank Variant Question3888

COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
@Towmater so you have a book that is already sketched?

If im understanding this right, I think you could also submit it as ART, and get a yellow label if you have a witness present when the guy signs it. Or like someone else said take the grade hit on the previous drawing and go yellow label signature for a new one
Post 26 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
That's true, you could have it witnessed signed again, and then ART label yellow. No grade hit, because there is no grade. Good job @shrewbeer
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone else see the gaping hole that a truck can be driven through in this scenario...?

You have a book...already sketched. You, Joe Blow, have it in your possession.

You hand it to the artist. You say "I know you did this, and you know you did this...would you mind handing it back to CBCS yourself?"

If you can convince the artist to do that, then there's nothing stopping anyone from doing this. The artist need only do whatever it is that artists do (I don't deal with these types of situations) to be "yellow label confirmed", and the book goes in a yellow label.

The "this left the chain of custody" is still true.

The goal is to discourage loopholes, not encourage them. It would seem the best scenario here would be to accept the artist's witness, regardless of when the book was done. Otherwise, you're encouraging people to do a work around with books that aren't in chain of custody control.
Post 28 IP   flag post
@DocBrown I'm not sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing with my point of view. Lol
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
I think I'm agreeing with you.

In any event, say I have an undated sketch by Ron Lim on a Silver Surfer #37 blank (I have neither, and the Surfer doesn't exist.)

He did it a couple days ago, or two months ago, or in 2015. When doesn't matter; only that it hasn't been in Ron's possession that whole time.

I walk up to Ron in 2017, and say "hey, remember this sketch you did?"

Ron, who is totally awesome, says "Yeah! That was fun!"

I say to Ron "hey, would you mind having me bring someone over and you confirm that you drew that for me?"

Ron "Sure, no problem!"

Now, again, I don't know how that particular process works, because I don't deal in commissioned sketches, but my understanding is, artists get them, work on them, and when they're done, the AW comes to their table, picks it up, and off it goes, into a yellow label.

If one was nefarious, one could say "hey, Ron, would you mind telling them that you drew this today?" Ron might agree, he might not...but it's a loophole that someone will take advantage of, if they haven't already.
Post 30 IP   flag post

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
That's true, you could have it witnessed signed again, and then ART label yellow. No grade hit, because there is no grade. Good job @shrewbeer

lol, I suggested that same thing a day ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@Towmater Other ...you could take a hit on the grade for the signature/sketch and have an AW witness a new signature on the book. You may be able to get the book in an ART label and the label would read something like:

"Witnessed sigs: XYZ
Writing and sketch on cover"
Post 31 IP   flag post
@DocBrown yeah we're in agreement.
Post 32 IP   flag post
The current rules encourages deception just to get something recognized for what it always was, an original piece of art by so and so artists. Accepting an artist as witness to their own work regardless of time removes a motive for deceptive behavior.
Post 33 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer's idea though accomplishes the goal, albeit with two signatures and an "ART" instead of a "9.8" etc. Which isn't a bad solution if you don't care about the number grade.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
@Towmater so you have a book that is already sketched?

If im understanding this right, I think you could also submit it as ART, and get a yellow label if you have a witness present when the guy signs it. Or like someone else said take the grade hit on the previous drawing and go yellow label signature for a new one

I have a Image Blank 25th anniversary book. It is one of the 25 sketches that were done and shipped in the Blind Boxes. If CBCS allows the artist in question to sign the form stating that it was drawn by him, and that form and the book are given to CBCS either by the artist in question or by the artist handing off both the book and the form to a witness at a convention to be handed in at the CBCS booth. I'm a bit lost why it can't receive a yellow label as a graded comic. I don't think that an artist is going to sign a form stating they drew something that they didn't draw. I guess the first step is to send the guy in charge of CBCS's yellow label program an email asking about it. Then move from there.
Post 35 IP   flag post
598060 35 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?