Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeQuestions

Press, or grade screen?3880

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I have three of the Spawn #1 gold foil Director's cut issues I'm planning to grade for resale.

Is it better to grade screen at 9.8 & only pay the screening fee for those that don't cut it? Or pay to press all three and hope for the best?
Post 1 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
press all three and hope for the best!

I did for 5 copies of Rick and Morty #1 first printings. 3 are 9.8 and 2 are 9.6. I wish you luck!
Post 2 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
wait I was thinking you were talking about the THX thank you edition. That's crazy because gold foils raw they go for $15 but 9.8 they go for $150 go fig wow
Post 3 IP   flag post
Hmm I would screen proshibly
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
wait I was thinking you were talking about the THX thank you edition. That's crazy because gold foils raw they go for $15 but 9.8 they go for $150 go fig wow

Looks like the gold editions are selling at $100-$120. Not a bad mark up.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

Looks like the gold editions are selling at $100-$120. Not a bad mark up.

Holy smokes, that's crazy.
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Selling for? Or being asked at? There's a difference. Sellers can ask whatever crazy price they want to ask.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Look at completed sales and see if buyers actually exist at those prices.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@DarthLego Asking $150. Some took offers. Selling at $120.
Post 9 IP   flag post
THX editions are selling for $250-$400 at 9.8
Post 10 IP   flag post

Post 11 IP   flag post
Label chasers mang. Don't know whether to bless them or curse them.
Post 12 IP   flag post
This is all running on the hype of the movie announcement. It won't last, but Spawn 1 isn't going to be a $20 book anymore. Those days are gone.

The THX book will probably stay Hot for longer given the scarcity.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Label chasers mang. Don't know whether to bless them or curse them.

Meaning, people obsessed with 9.8s?
Post 14 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
If you have them pressed make sure the person doing it knows how to work with foils. If you don't, you are opening yourself to a world of hurt.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFP_Comics
If you have them pressed make sure the person doing it knows how to work with foils. If you don't, you are opening yourself to a world of hurt.

Is there anyone you would recommend 🤔 Who has experience with foil?
Post 16 IP   flag post
Well, I'm either having CBCS do it, or another company I was recently introduced to . . .

Either way, it'll be in a CBCS slab.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
To save money, pre-screen at 9.8. Whatever fails, then press, and either pre-screen again, or straight sub, depending on whether they're worth getting a "not 9.8" grade. If pre-screen, whatever fails the second time, give up. It's not gonna make it.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:

Are you one of those people?
Post 19 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomEwan
Quote:

Is there anyone you would recommend 🤔 Who has experience with foil?

Not sure if you are serious or not... But CFP is known to a lot of people as the best in the business lol
Post 20 IP   flag post
600833 20 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?