CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

CBCS Turnaround 7/31/20173839

CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
#CBCScomics #turnaroundupdate

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Krazywan private msg quote post Address this user
My excitement is building, I hope my LCS got the books there when they say they did, hopefully they are shipping, but more likely in grading
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
3 weeks out from grading 🤗🙌🏻 Woohoo! F5 F5 F5 F5
Post 3 IP   flag post
patpat1999 private msg quote post Address this user
My books were received 5/18, one day out! So close!!!!!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector b00ch private msg quote post Address this user
@patpat1999 same. I cant wait!
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS should buy stock in Logitech, with all these busted F5 keys going around.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Is it just me or has the pressing date not changed in last two updates?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Just got my COMPLETED e-mail! Which, honestly, is such a tease.

"Any day now, you'll be able to see the grades on your latest order! Just keep checking . . . and checking . . . And checking. . ."
Post 8 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35
Is it just me or gas the pressing date not changed in last two updates?

April 26th was the received date of 4 conventions. It will be another week or so before it starts moving.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35
Is it just me or gas the pressing date not changed in last two updates?

April 26th was the received date of 4 conventions. It will be another week or so before it starts moving.

Ah - got it. Thanks for the update.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Webbi private msg quote post Address this user
Most likely I will be cut up for commenting on this... but why is it so important that everyone gets their books done ASAP?

For myself, I am just happy to have a place to send my books where I know they will be cared for.

You people need more patience!!

Respect!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector mumptastic private msg quote post Address this user
My books have been processing since 5/12... I hope they move into grading soon.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumptastic

Click on the order and look to the right for another orange box, it will show you which part of 'processing' it's going through.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef
Quote:

Click on the order and look to the right for another orange box, it will show you which part of 'processing' it's going through.

@Mef it just says received.
Post 14 IP   flag post
@mumptastic What services did you get?
Post 15 IP   flag post
@Mef Just a normal modern grading. Nothing special.
Post 16 IP   flag post
It's possible they haven't updated it on their end yet, but based on the calendar I would assume they should be heading into grading :P (as you should be heading into week 11)
Post 17 IP   flag post

Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@Webbi In answer to your question about why getting books back quickly matters, I can only speak for myself. However, I'm sure many here are in the same boat.

I send some books in for my private collection, but a portion of them are for resale. This can be costly. As such, the sooner I get my books back, the sooner I can see a return on the investment.

And some have current variants they're looking to resale. Modern variants fluctuate in price from week to week. What is hot now, may not be in high demand in three months.

Now, of course, when it's especially time sensitive, most will opt for expedited grading. Even so, there can be delays.

It's true that quality work takes time. Everyone that has come to trust CBCS understands that. They do great work, and it would be foolish to ask them to rush an already delicate process if the final product suffered in quality.

But at the end of the day, we want to know the grades! How did we do? Is it in the condition I was hoping? Ya can't blame a guy for wanting to know, right?
Post 19 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef
Quote:

@Mef it just says received.

Get in line. My regular moderns have been there since 5/3 and they say "received" as well.
Post 20 IP   flag post
@IronMan It's annoying. I emailed customer service and was told my books are "currently with our first set of graders." so I am assuming my account just hasn't been updated?
Post 21 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@IronMan It's annoying. I emailed customer service and was told my books are "currently with our first set of graders." so I am assuming my account just hasn't been updated?

I called yesterday and was told they "were a little behind" (the stated TAT)

No one wants to wait of course. It's why we eat so much fast food. I will though wait quietly and patiently. But if I'm told "this how long it takes, this is where we are at currently" and I know that isn't accurate - that is what is annoying. If it's going to take 13-14 weeks, just say it's taking that long. If some books are getting done in 11 weeks but not all - and some are taking as long as 13-14 weeks, then say TAT is 11-14 weeks.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Webbi private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
@Webbi In answer to your question about why getting books back quickly matters, I can only speak for myself. However, I'm sure many here are in the same boat.

I send some books in for my private collection, but a portion of them are for resale. This can be costly. As such, the sooner I get my books back, the sooner I can see a return on the investment.

And some have current variants they're looking to resale. Modern variants fluctuate in price from week to week. What is hot now, may not be in high demand in three months.

Now, of course, when it's especially time sensitive, most will opt for expedited grading. Even so, there can be delays.

It's true that quality work takes time. Everyone that has come to trust CBCS understands that. They do great work, and it would be foolish to ask them to rush an already delicate process if the final product suffered in quality.

But at the end of the day, we want to know the grades! How did we do? Is it in the condition I was hoping? Ya can't blame a guy for wanting to know, right?

Point taken!
Post 23 IP   flag post
@IronMan Looks like mine have finally moved over to grading. Hope your books move soon.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector 99issues private msg quote post Address this user
My invoice was moved to complete today but a few of the books are missing from the "My Comics" section. Not all of them... just 2 out of 11 but it would be nice to know the grades. Is this common and should I be concerned or just patient.

thanks,
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
Grading!! WOOT!! Apparently one of my grails was a newsstand edition and not direct like I thought.... hmmm...
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector JCage private msg quote post Address this user
I'm officially done using CBCS they don't do the right things for there customers.A while back I sent in 8 books the the estimated time was no where close to what they told me at the Con. Then for 2 weeks trying to figure out what was going on no one answered there phones then One of my books a Hulk 181 was originally graded at an 8.0 with 7 pressable defects on the front and back cover was pressed by Steve and he did do a wonderful job but they regraded it after I called and finally got hold of someone and I magically was shipped the next day and it came back the same grade which really boggled my mind and the fact they gave me the dumbest excuse on why I got the same grade. So after that then them telling me I won't get the rest of my books back till October when at the Con they told me end of July or August. So I asked them to send me my stuff back. I sent my Hulk 181 to CGC and it came back a 9.2. I honestly feel like they never regraded it they just put it in a new slab and sent it back.Besided all the problems I don't get why when they make mistakes or have issues they don't try to do anything to make it right by the customer and the simple fact is there so rediculous with there grading first with there stupid check marks then there always lower then cgc. I'm officially a CGC customer they are more consistent with there grades,way better customer service and way more accurate with there turn around times. I just had to get this off my chest because this was my second submission and I had nothing but issues and no one tries to make it rite. Like my first time I submitted 23 books that where all supposed to be pressed and cleaned and I'm almost 100 percent sure the company they had pressing my books never did and I submitted the same time as my uncle and paid for fast pass and he didn't and he got his books way before me and he got his books pressed to so that wasn't why he got his first and when I called and asked there customer service did nothing to try to do the right thing for the customer. Sorry for the long post I just had to get this off my chest
Post 27 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
@JCage so don't forget to send CGC a Christmas card this year for taking a CBCS 8.0 and turning it in a CGC 9.2 that's a pretty nice gift.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Mr_adam_R private msg quote post Address this user
TLDR
Post 29 IP   flag post
Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.
Post 30 IP   flag post
600864 49 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?