Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeMovies TelevisionMovies TelevisionPop CultureToys

Domino looks good!3836

Collector Atakmunky7 private msg quote post Address this user
You a dude don't know what dude he is!
Post 76 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkga
There is a difference too between a diversity casting (expanding your casting pool) versus a political correctness casting (casting to fulfill some kind of quota). I think Domino is a diversity casting gone wrong. This is a diversity casting done correctly.




This is perfect execution. Well said. *high 5*
Post 77 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Another perfectly diversity casting choice that caused people's head to spin when first announced was Judi Dench as M. She was fantastic as that character and made you forget that M was ever a male role.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
I don't get it, they could've tweaked any other member of X-Force, and it would fly. Why screw with the most recognizable one? Been waitn a long time to see this whole group realized on screen, and theyre gonna mess with it. Booo. Not cool. Deadpools woman, I thought, would've been perfect. Btw, Copycat is supposed to look exactly like Domino, if I'm not mistaken.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkga
There is a difference too between a diversity casting (expanding your casting pool) versus a political correctness casting (casting to fulfill some kind of quota). I think Domino is a diversity casting gone wrong. This is a diversity casting done correctly.




This is perfect execution. Well said. *high 5*

She's painted green. It made no difference what skin color the actress possessed. Just like it would make no difference what skin color the actress playing Domino had as long as they made her white with a black eye. It is not a question of the actress' skin color (race). People would have shit if they had made Gamora blue or Nebula orange regardless of the actress. They made them green and blue, respectively, because they are green and blue in the comic books.
Post 80 IP   flag post


COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like Liefeld doesn't even understand his own creations. Of course money talks and BS Tweets.
Post 81 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry folks, but I have to revisit my favorite Domino rocking this killer swimsuit.....Claudine Auger from Thunderball, 1965.


Post 82 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I respect everyone's opinions here in this thread but I maintain that she looks great. I have every bit of confidence in David Leitch and Ryan Reynolds and their desire to get these characters done correctly.

I'm more curious about how they will convey her luck abilities on screen especially during battle. Should be interesting.
Post 83 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury.


I thought that worked out quite well
Post 84 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
it wasn't a terrible casting because there are no movies that Sammy J does that suck.
Post 85 IP   flag post
Collector Atakmunky7 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
it wasn't a terrible casting because there are no movies that Sammy J does that suck.

Deep blue sea
xxx
Shaft
Swat
The Man
The other guys
Just to name a few
Post 86 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@Atakmunky7 I liked The Other Guys and really enjoyed XXX.

Otherwise you are on the money.
Post 87 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
it wasn't a terrible casting because there are no movies that Sammy J does that suck.


My wife and I were dying laughing when we watched him in Kingsman. Sammy with a lisp was a sight to see 🤣👌🏻
Post 88 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@shrewbeer I loved Professor Arnold.
Post 89 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atakmunky7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
it wasn't a terrible casting because there are no movies that Sammy J does that suck.

Deep blue sea
xxx
Shaft
Swat
The Man
The other guys
Just to name a few


Touché
Post 90 IP   flag post
Collector Atakmunky7 private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos other guys was SSSOOOOO BAD!!
Post 91 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
His character in Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children was odd, to say the least
Post 92 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury.


I thought that worked out quite well


I agree.

On his other roles, I think he has become a caricature of himself in his later roles. He just seems to exaggerate what made him great to a point that I can't take him seriously at times. What he did in the Hateful Eight was as bad as his acting in The Spirit.
Post 93 IP   flag post
Collector 1243782365 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atakmunky7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
it wasn't a terrible casting because there are no movies that Sammy J does that suck.

Deep blue sea
xxx
Shaft
Swat
The Man
The other guys
Just to name a few


Touché


How can you say Shaft was a bad movie?

DO YOU KNOW WHY THEY CALL ME PEEPLES MANG?


Post 94 IP   flag post
Collector Mio private msg quote post Address this user
Ew. Casting gone wrong.
Post 95 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
I think casting a black woman for this role really has nil effect on the character, in this movie.

I have read (more like glossed over) Dominoes first few appearances and her ethnicity was not a remotely signifigant facet of her character & role in the comics.
Post 96 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
I have every bit of confidence in David Leitch and Ryan Reynolds and their desire to get these characters done correctly.


I hope you're right because Atomic Blonde pretty much bombed at the boxoffice.
Post 97 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despain
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
I have every bit of confidence in David Leitch and Ryan Reynolds and their desire to get these characters done correctly.


I hope you're right because Atomic Blonde pretty much bombed at the boxoffice.

I wonder if it bombed because of the movie itself, or just because nobody goes to see movies anymore unless they are big time movies like Marvel, DC, Star Wars, or Jurassic Park.
Post 98 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego Add horror movies. Low budget horror flicks seem to have a big market. That movie Split made a ton of cash and cost next to nothing to make.
Post 99 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despain
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
I have every bit of confidence in David Leitch and Ryan Reynolds and their desire to get these characters done correctly.


I hope you're right because Atomic Blonde pretty much bombed at the boxoffice.

I wonder if it bombed because of the movie itself, or just because nobody goes to see movies anymore unless they are big time movies like Marvel, DC, Star Wars, or Jurassic Park.


Seems like Charlize Theron should've been a pretty big draw. She did pretty well in Mad Max Fury Road. I don't know what happened with Atomic Blonde. Bad reviews maybe? I haven't seen it.

But I still think a lot of people are still going to theaters. Dunkirk, a WWII remake by Christopher Nolan, has done well at the boxoffice the past couple of weeks.
Post 100 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user




Post 101 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
She's hot and gotta booty but man I am hating this choice of casting and outfits. The googles could be a cgi masking effect IF there for some chance is CGI on her face like Deadpool's eyes. We'll see but I am extremely skeptical. She's got a Pam Grier vibe to her, for sure.



I'll leave you guys here with these sexy photo of Pam Grier.










Post 102 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics






Did you notice that her stunt double is helping with her harness-container in that one photo? BTW, I'm good with her being Domino.
Post 103 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Uh no, I can't unsee Pam Grier! What'd you say??? Oh, the stunt double. Yes!
Post 104 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user



Post 105 IP   flag post
395190 113 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?