Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeMovies TelevisionMovies TelevisionPop CultureToys

Domino looks good!3836

COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
It's really too bad that in some cases, these movie studios miss that the uniqueness and identity of the characters in the comic books are created in large part by their visual appeal. Domino has this by her skin color being pure white with the large black around her left eye. Without that I couldn't tell you who she is but with it I can immediately tell. It's a beautiful and simple design that's her "S" or "Bat" on the chest. Too bad, but it looks like Domino's unique comic book look has been sacrificed at the alter of "Political Correctness".
Post 51 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@Atakmunky7 when you say "everyone" are you talking about the earth in general? Far as I can tell everyone here is saying the same thing, changing characters is stoopid, and it's not racial, it's about being true to the source material.
Post 52 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector Atakmunky7 private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego not really referring to anyone here. Just a blanket statement moreso directed at the general majority of idiots online that I've seen cry about racism.
Post 54 IP   flag post
@Atakmunky7 I agree, I saw that with the Dark Tower announcement. Basically anyone who didn't like it was instantly a racist. Nevermind that the whole subplot of 6 out of 7 novels revolves around how a main character, Susannah, who is black and came from the past where segregation existed, has to deal with overcoming her own preconceptions and hatred, so she can learn to trust this group of people she has been thrown into and become a gunslinger, and help save the whole fricken multiverse. But no, let's let SJW Hollywood ruin one of the best works of fictional literature ever written, because reasons.
Post 55 IP   flag post

My whole point boils down to, the color of the actor doesn't matter but ffs get the look of the character right.
Post 56 IP   flag post
But, if the color of a character is a key part of their identity and their entire story arc, then it is important.
Post 57 IP   flag post
It would be like casting Patrick Stewart to play Gandhi. Patrick Stewart is an amazing actor, he is bald, he has gravitas, he would nail the part. But Gandhi's race is a key component to who he is an his entire life story, so It would be incredibly stupid to cast a Caucasian man, even one who has the right look and acting skills.
Post 58 IP   flag post
The problem is everyone is attaching the word color to race like they are the same thing. They cast an African American chic. So what? They still need to make her skin white. I'd be just as upset if they cast a Caucasian chic and didn't change her skin color. When i say she is white I mean she is WHITE. Like snow or porcelain. All they gotta do is open a damn comic.
Post 59 IP   flag post
@Atakmunky7 The only problem with that is that Domino has always been depicted with Caucasian features, the shape of her face, her hair type. Race is more than just skin color. So technically, they do need to cast a woman with the correct "look" and that look goes beyond just pale white skin.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego - well, they did cast Ben Kingsley to play Ghandi in 1992, and he won the Oscar, so there's that.

I think Domino throwing fecal covered dominoes, that have been pulled from her butt, would alleviate a lot of these concerns.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Ben Kingsley: The white Morgan Freeman.
Post 62 IP   flag post
@dpiercy stop talking about butt dominoes.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
There is a difference too between a diversity casting (expanding your casting pool) versus a political correctness casting (casting to fulfill some kind of quota). I think Domino is a diversity casting gone wrong. This is a diversity casting done correctly.

Post 64 IP   flag post
@Darkga yus! Love her!
Post 65 IP   flag post
How cool would it be if they cast Morgan Freeman to play Domino?!?! OMG!
Post 66 IP   flag post
@Darkga she is who I hoped would get cast for Susannah in The Dark Tower btw.
Post 67 IP   flag post
@dpiercy would Morgan sill have to pull dominoes outta his butt?
Post 68 IP   flag post
They should cast Christopher Walken...switch dominoes for pocket watches.
Post 69 IP   flag post
@DarthLego brilliant
Post 70 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atakmunky7
@dpiercy would Morgan sill have to pull dominoes outta his butt?

I think so, yes! 😂
Post 71 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
This....

Post 72 IP   flag post
"What do you mean, you people?"
Post 73 IP   flag post
"I'm a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."
Post 74 IP   flag post
Tropic Thunder: I loved it so much!
Post 75 IP   flag post
You a dude don't know what dude he is!
Post 76 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkga
There is a difference too between a diversity casting (expanding your casting pool) versus a political correctness casting (casting to fulfill some kind of quota). I think Domino is a diversity casting gone wrong. This is a diversity casting done correctly.

This is perfect execution. Well said. *high 5*
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Another perfectly diversity casting choice that caused people's head to spin when first announced was Judi Dench as M. She was fantastic as that character and made you forget that M was ever a male role.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
I don't get it, they could've tweaked any other member of X-Force, and it would fly. Why screw with the most recognizable one? Been waitn a long time to see this whole group realized on screen, and theyre gonna mess with it. Booo. Not cool. Deadpools woman, I thought, would've been perfect. Btw, Copycat is supposed to look exactly like Domino, if I'm not mistaken.
Post 79 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkga

This is perfect execution. Well said. *high 5*

She's painted green. It made no difference what skin color the actress possessed. Just like it would make no difference what skin color the actress playing Domino had as long as they made her white with a black eye. It is not a question of the actress' skin color (race). People would have shit if they had made Gamora blue or Nebula orange regardless of the actress. They made them green and blue, respectively, because they are green and blue in the comic books.
Post 80 IP   flag post
601536 113 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?