Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeMovies TelevisionMovies TelevisionPop CultureToys

Domino looks good!3836

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Hey they made tulip black in the preacher TV show which I don't mind because she's quite gorgeous with those big eyes

See, I didn't know that. I've never read a Preacher comic book, so I had no idea and didn't really care.
Post 26 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I will say that a black colored domino with a white dot is kind of stupid. I mean, what dominoes are colored black with white dots? Oreo dominoes?
Post 27 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Yes Tulip in the Preacher Comics is tall thin blonde white woman
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Bontchimuz private msg quote post Address this user
I am so shell shocked over this choice of look for Domino.

STICK to the damn books marvel.
Post 29 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
I will say that a black colored domino with a white dot is kind of stupid. I mean, what dominoes are colored black with white dots? Oreo dominoes?
Jesus christ! Black dominoes are nowhere near as uncommon as you seem to think they are
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
A little closer to the comic.

Post 31 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Is there even a slight chance we are being punked on this? That this is a non sanctioned hoax and not an official Fox release? Please God?
Post 32 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Well, there's this image that's been around since the first movie.

Post 33 IP   flag post
Gettin' closer...

Post 34 IP   flag post
Eh..just go with this one:

Post 35 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
I just don't get why they changed her appearance. There was no new too. Why an Afro? I mean I trust renoods and the team but just seems oss to change it.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector Bontchimuz private msg quote post Address this user
At the very least, they should straighten her hair and make it pointy at ends and enlarge the spot over her eye and make it solid black.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
They need to have her run around with a pair of black dominoes. Then when she does a kill she throws them at the victim and sez, "Domino, mother f*****!"

Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector Arikhan private msg quote post Address this user
Nailed it!

Post 39 IP   flag post
Oh it makes sense now, they are setting up a Spaceballs joke.
Post 40 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Oh god. It's OFFICIAL:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/07/31/deadpool-2-reveals-new-characters-look-who-is-domino.html

I hate this. I hate it so much. Why are they changing this? Domino isn't black with an afro! This isn't a race issue. I am more about sticking to the comic roots. What is going on with the comic book industry and movie studios these days?

I might actually pass on the sequel just because.

Same thing for the Dark Tower. That racial issue actually omits and screws up the plots from the books.
Post 41 IP   flag post
This is so stupid. Before anybody says anything about race...I'll out trivia and quiz you all on any blaxploitation films or facts about Pam Grier, Jeanie Bell, Fred Williamson, or any other legendary black actor from the last 40 years. I love me some Black Cinema (ie., Badass Cinema) as as if I lived off 42nd street myself. So disappointed. There are a TON of opportunities to rise up and release yet some more Black Cinema in 2017. There are so many IPs and ideas ripe for the picking for new franchises. But nope, let's just keep doing the wrong thing in Hollywood.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
She should be pulling black dominoes out her butt and throwing them at her victims, all the while shouting, "eat my fecal matter!"
Post 43 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpiercy
She should be pulling black dominoes out her butt and throwing them at her victims, all the while shouting, "eat my fecal matter!"

Okay that might have crossed a line. *steps back*
Post 44 IP   flag post

Post 45 IP   flag post
Collector ONLINE_209 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

not sure why but i find that pic hella funny lol
Post 46 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Oh god. It's OFFICIAL:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/07/31/deadpool-2-reveals-new-characters-look-who-is-domino.html

I hate this. I hate it so much. Why are they changing this? Domino isn't black with an afro! This isn't a race issue. I am more about sticking to the comic roots. What is going on with the comic book industry and movie studios these days?

I might actually pass on the sequel just because.

Same thing for the Dark Tower. That racial issue actually omits and screws up the plots from the books.

Did I miss your post or posts about a red headed white woman being cast as the Ancient One in the Doctor Strange movie? If I did, please excuse me and this post.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
I'm all for more black people in comics and movies (seeing that I'm black myself), but I still don't think this is a good casting decision. Even if she plays the role well, she does not have the Domino look at all.

On a side note, I thought the Ancient One switch in the Doctor Strange movie was stupid too.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Collector Atakmunky7 private msg quote post Address this user
It's not about having a black woman play Dom. As far as I know her actually race has never been established in the books. But her color sure as crap is. She has an extremely WHITE complexion. Race and color are NOT the same thing. Nightcrawler was blue ffs. What race was he? Smurf? Killer Croc is green. What race is green? Race is not the issue, it's appearance. Look at Deadpool. The same guy that everyone love as DP played the exact same character (sorta) a few years ago and everyone hated him. Why? Because they bastardized the character beyond recognition. So they cast a black chic as Domino. I don't care as long as she gets the character right but she should be white. Not Caucasian, white. I wish everybody would stop making everything about race and stop being offended by everything.
Post 49 IP   flag post
I forgot about Dr Strange but completely 100% agree too. Makes no sense.

For some reason I don't mind Tulip O'Hare being black In Preacher tv show and it has nothing to do with the story either way so that doesn't bother me. Weird.
Post 50 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
It's really too bad that in some cases, these movie studios miss that the uniqueness and identity of the characters in the comic books are created in large part by their visual appeal. Domino has this by her skin color being pure white with the large black around her left eye. Without that I couldn't tell you who she is but with it I can immediately tell. It's a beautiful and simple design that's her "S" or "Bat" on the chest. Too bad, but it looks like Domino's unique comic book look has been sacrificed at the alter of "Political Correctness".
Post 51 IP   flag post
@Atakmunky7 when you say "everyone" are you talking about the earth in general? Far as I can tell everyone here is saying the same thing, changing characters is stoopid, and it's not racial, it's about being true to the source material.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector Atakmunky7 private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego not really referring to anyone here. Just a blanket statement moreso directed at the general majority of idiots online that I've seen cry about racism.
Post 54 IP   flag post
@Atakmunky7 I agree, I saw that with the Dark Tower announcement. Basically anyone who didn't like it was instantly a racist. Nevermind that the whole subplot of 6 out of 7 novels revolves around how a main character, Susannah, who is black and came from the past where segregation existed, has to deal with overcoming her own preconceptions and hatred, so she can learn to trust this group of people she has been thrown into and become a gunslinger, and help save the whole fricken multiverse. But no, let's let SJW Hollywood ruin one of the best works of fictional literature ever written, because reasons.
Post 55 IP   flag post
598062 113 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?