Comics Magazines

When will cbcs start to grade magazine size?3832

Collector Johnnyonthespot private msg quote post Address this user
Like these ones,
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
#Soon
Post 2 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Not too long just hold your breath, lol. Seriously I don't think for awhile. To enginner a new holder costs money and there has to be a demand for the service to make it worth while.
Not sure if the cost benfit analysis would be good right now. Seems like they are busy enough with grading comics at this point.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I sure hope so...I was gonna send em off with my haul today...but just got a call from my LCS that cbcs doesn't do em...what a Downer
Post 4 IP   flag post
@earthshaker01, makes sense supply and demand...I hear ya
Post 5 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
believe me, we are all waiting... my heavy metal #1 and sketched ninja turtle books demand it.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
#SomeDay
Post 7 IP   flag post
The demand is there. They have said the hold up is the cost of the molds, about $72K iirc. It's definitely coming #someday. In the mean time they do offer Raw Grade for magazine size, if you're into that sorta thing.
Post 8 IP   flag post
FORMER CBCS Jake_Fleming private msg quote post Address this user
I want you all to know that we are actively moving towards this, but don't count on it happening soon.
Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_Fleming
I want you all to know that we are actively moving towards this, but don't count on it happening soon.

#swearjargoals
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:

#OneDay
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Do a kickstarter, we WILL pitch in.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
So, #notsoon.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
I hope they do it soon...I'm about to send my 9.8 Marvel Preview #4 to CGC.
THEY GOT A WEEK TO GET THOSE MAG CASES BEFORE I SHIP!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Broker1 private msg quote post Address this user
I've got a magazine-size long box full waiting to go. Kiss #1, Savage Tales #1 (first man thing), some old Vampi's and Erie's. Struggling not to go CGC...
Post 15 IP   flag post
I hear ya
Post 16 IP   flag post
Even after they pay for the molds, it's probably about 18 months from design concept to finished product in stock ready to accept books. I agree with the Kickstarter idea, just get this puppy rolling.
Post 17 IP   flag post
I know huh
Post 18 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Even after they pay for the molds, it's probably about 18 months from design concept to finished product in stock ready to accept books. I agree with the Kickstarter idea, just get this puppy rolling.

Michael said it was 70k, right? If they wont do it, someone just start one and hand it over to them 💵
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Broker1 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego

18 months??? Wow, if that's true I'm going to have to figure out CGC again. Shoot me now, can't stand them but I do want some of these slabbed this decade 😟
Post 20 IP   flag post
@Broker1 I'm pulling that figure from CGC, during the #slabgate they had said redesign of the outer shell was not a workable solution because it 18 months to actually make that happen, so their solution had to continue working with the new outer shell, and find a solution using the old inner well inside the new shell. At least that is how I remember it.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
5 years
Post 22 IP   flag post
598060 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?