CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Stelbert_Stylton private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Watcher
Marvel Comics #1 1939

Oct 1st print - 80,000
Nov 2nd print - 800,000

Yet I never hear any GA people call the Nov copies "2nd prints" lol.

You know what I meant There weren't many 2nd prints from 1939 - 1970ish? Let's say in the last 45 years, have any 2nd prints outnumbered their 1st print?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Moderator The_Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
The only book that MIGHT fit that criteria is Zap #1. There's still quite a bit of speculation as to how many copies of the 1st print were actually made

http://comixjoint.com/zapcomix1-1st.html

But your point is valid. Second prints are most often less than 1st prints
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Stelbert_Stylton private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Watcher
The only book that MIGHT fit that criteria is Zap #1. There's still quite a bit of speculation as to how many copies of the 1st print were actually made

http://comixjoint.com/zapcomix1-1st.html

But your point is valid. Second prints are most often less than 1st prints

Ah yes, Zap. Good answer, thanks.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Muggyman84 private msg quote post Address this user
The image expo #1 has less then both either way if you into the fix try to grab 1
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
@Muggyman84 thanks for the heads up
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector JazzyJeffie private msg quote post Address this user
So many Printings now. Which Print is the best for long-hold? 2nd Print? 3rd Print?
Post 31 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I've never heard of second printings being more valuable than first printings solely because of the size of the print run. Generally first printings are always the more sought after. The exceptions to this are typically when the second printing displays a variant cover art which becomes more sought after because of it's awesomeness. A perfect example of this is Batman #608 which the second printing of had a new Jim Lee cover which become iconic.

By the way, I have never heard of this book you guys are talking about. What's it about?
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego essentially it is about two dirty cops who are on the take, but obviously there is more to it than that.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
I've never heard of second printings being more valuable than first printings solely because of the size of the print run. Generally first printings are always the more sought after. The exceptions to this are typically when the second printing displays a variant cover art which becomes more sought after because of it's awesomeness. A perfect example of this is Batman #608 which the second printing of had a new Jim Lee cover which become iconic.

TWD #100 2nd Print is just Negan on the cover, not really "awesome" per se, but that's what buyers have been buying and that 2nd Print is what rose as the "must have" TWD #100.

Monstress #1 2nd Print is also priced/valued higher, but the art is not so much greater in 'awesomeness' to the regular cover.

The Fix has multiple Prints and almost each Print Run offers a different take on the cover. I wonder which one will be higher-priced in the long run.
Post 34 IP   flag post
TWD #100 makes sense because it's his first appearance, people want him on the cover more than anything else.

I looked at The Fix covers, and I don't see anything about the 2nd and 3rd print covers that would make them more desirable than the 1st.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector Buzzetta private msg quote post Address this user
I really thought this thread was going to be about basketball.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzetta
Hahaha! NBA Basketball - 2016 NBA Finals, to be specific?
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzetta

Amen
Post 38 IP   flag post
I haven't followed basketball in forever so I could be wrong, but haven't there been a lot of Finals that have gone all 7 games? Seemed like an intentional money grab to me.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:
I haven't followed basketball in forever so I could be wrong, but haven't there been a lot of Finals that have gone all 7 games? Seemed like an intentional money grab to me.

But this recently-concluded 2016 NBA Finals was a Game 7 of epic game-fixing theory proportions.
GSW up 3-1, and CLE roars back, never has a team done that, they were the first. Doesn't help that the most hated superstar in history (LeBron) is on that team that came back from 1-3 down (he's very good, but gets a lot of crap compared to all the other great players).
Post 40 IP   flag post
Wasn't he retiring? Of course they were gonna win in his retirment year. You can't buy that kind of press. So yeah, it's probably just as rigged as pro wrestling nowadays.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Quote:
Wasn't he retiring? Of course they were gonna win in his retirment year. You can't buy that kind of press. So yeah, it's probably just as rigged as pro wrestling nowadays.

No man, he's only 32, still a good 8 years of Pro Ball. Kobe was the one who retired.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyJeffie
Quote:

But this recently-concluded 2016 NBA Finals was a Game 7 of epic game-fixing theory proportions.
GSW up 3-1, and CLE roars back, never has a team done that, they were the first. Doesn't help that the most hated superstar in history (LeBron) is on that team that came back from 1-3 down (he's very good, but gets a lot of crap compared to all the other great players).

Too many times it seemed as though Cleveland was piggyback riding all over GS, but GS was constantly being called for ticky-tack penalties.

Ah well.
Post 43 IP   flag post
597869 43 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?