Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Modern AgeMovies TelevisionPop Culture

My CBCS Order of 5 Rick and Morty #1s3796

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Ok, so before I begin...thank you CBCS for the grades and service. I love the new labels. The new cases are different too from the rivet ones. I like them much better. Thanks

So here are the results:

out of 5 Rick and Morty #1 first printings...
3 are 9.8.
2 are 9.6.

I have included huge photos of the spines to help my fellow Rick and Morty brothers acheive their goal of finding the perfect raw 9.8 candididate.

The same user on ebay is selling 5 at a time STILL. He raised the price however to now $650 instead of $500. clickable text

So I will make a post per book that was graded.
Post 1 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Also I had this book done:

2017 Marvel Comics PETER PARKER: THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN 1 EBAY EXCLUSIVE VARIANT COVER

Sold exclusively on ebay by "mycomicshop" , a comic consignment shop based in Austin, TX. Sold out very quickly during its initial offering on their account within hours on ebay.

Post 2 IP   flag post
2015 Oni Press RICK and MORTY #1 First Printing
CBCS 9.8 NM+
CBCS Label 17-249890A-002
WHITE Pages

Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
Congrats!! Nice work.
Post 4 IP   flag post
CBCS 9.6 NM
CBCS Label 17-249890A-003
WHITE Pages

Post 5 IP   flag post
CBCS 9.8 NM+
CBCS Label 17-249890A-004
WHITE Pages

Post 6 IP   flag post
CBCS 9.6 NM
CBCS Label 17-249890A-005
WHITE Pages

Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Ok, so before I begin...thank you CBCS for the grades and service. I love the new labels. The new cases are different too from the rivet ones. I like them much better. Thanks

So here are the results:

out of 5 Rick and Morty #1 first printings...
3 are 9.8.
2 are 9.6.

Congrats.
Post 8 IP   flag post
CBCS 9.8 NM+
CBCS Label 17-249890A-006
WHITE Pages

Post 9 IP   flag post
So it seems you are allowed a little blunting on the top and bottom corners and 1 color break on spine. 2 or more and it's a 9.6. If there is a visible color break on the front it seems to be a 9.6 too.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Atakmunky7 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Kaptain, how are the cases different?
Post 12 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I haven't noticed a difference in the slabs.
Post 13 IP   flag post
The sides are different, smoother, less fleeb on the sides
Post 14 IP   flag post
Hmm, maybe they improved upon how they separate the molded pieces?
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
This gives me hope that I could get 9.6s on both my copies!! Again, congrats on the awesome grades.
Post 16 IP   flag post

Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user
Sweet jebus those look good. Did you have them pressed? Based on your grades I think mines a 9.4, maybe 9.6.

CBCS must have cut the fleeb.

Post 18 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Congrats, kaptain!

BTW, I thought...
9.6 = NM+
9.8 = NM/M
Just wondering if the grade description change?

Cool score on the eBay Spidey too. I really like that one.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Thanks , oh i was just being cautious in the description - i thought 9.9 was M and 10.0 was M+ gem
Post 20 IP   flag post
And hey guys if you are searching for 9.8s - remember, backer boards are scratching these particular books up real bad so always do like @darthlego stated by setting the book on the board and sliding that mama jamma in the bag carefully
Post 21 IP   flag post

Post 22 IP   flag post
Save it, learn it, know it...there will be a quiz.
Post 23 IP   flag post
If you remember that 9.8, 9, 7, 5, 3, and 1.5 fall on the "slash" grades you can extrapolate from any of those points without have to memorize the whole thing.
Post 24 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Save it, learn it, know it...there will be a quiz.

Crap,... I hate quizzes.
Post 25 IP   flag post
oh someone asked - yes I had The Ricketts press all of these books imo

Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego

it's my new phone wallpaper
Post 27 IP   flag post
Here in case you Jerry's don't believe me

Post 28 IP   flag post

Post 29 IP   flag post
Blue is prettier.
Post 30 IP   flag post
600743 34 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?