Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

What is the Hulk 181 of this generation?3785

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@shrewbeer

NM 98 easily wins the 1990s.

I posted this on 2010 already:

Although the link says WD 100 I have to think it is for a variant.

Unless WD 100 is legit it looks like Alias 1 takes the crown for 2010+
Post 76 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacoma7623
No venom love for the 80s? As far as 2010s over 1k.....maybe some variant graded 9.8+ and signed by multiple peeps.no consensus charecter coming to mind right now.

So far we are avoiding the inclusion of variant covers for fear our heads will simultaneously explode.

When it comes to regular covers Venom can not hope to compete with TMNT 1.
Post 77 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
So far we are avoiding the inclusion of variant covers for fear our heads will simultaneously explode.

🍺👌🏻
Post 78 IP   flag post
Quote:

Idk about easy. BA12 currently sells for double that of NM98 . Arguably a better character, but in terms of value, there's competition.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:

Idk about easy. BA12 currently sells for double that of NM98 . Arguably a better character, but in terms of value, there's competition.

Already covered in this thread. I even posted a link.

Quote:
If you said Bone you were incorrect.

NM 98 record $7,500 - Bone 1 Record $3,200

All of the data is contained in this link:

clickable text
Post 80 IP   flag post

Collector Pacoma7623 private msg quote post Address this user
Tmnt may go for mo' money but ASM300 is pretty much EXACTLY hulk 181.not technically they're 1st app and how many times has each cover been swiped or paid homage too?
Post 81 IP   flag post
@drchaos that link isnt comparing apples to apples though. I dont think comparing a crazy record price for a 10 factors in here as its an outlier sale. Hell, both wolverine #1s are on that list above NM98! Those are dime a dozen books in any grade below 9.8.

@Pacoma7623 ASM 300 is certainly a contender, even with the price difference between the books. There are far more copies to go around than that of TMNT and yet the price keeps rising. I would say the ASM is certainly more popular
Post 82 IP   flag post
Quote:
@drchaos that link isnt comparing apples to apples though. I dont think comparing a crazy record price for a 10 factors in here as its an outlier sale. Hell, both wolverine #1s are on that list above NM98! Those are dime a dozen books in any grade below 9.8.

@Pacoma7623 ASM 300 is certainly a contender, even with the price difference between the books. There are far more copies to go around than that of TMNT and yet the price keeps rising. I would say the ASM is certainly more popular

No, it is comparing 9.8s. When it mentions a 9.9 it also tells you the 9.8 price.

You can argue that a book had more significance for some reason but this link is our bible on the pricing until proven otherwise.
Post 83 IP   flag post
@drchaos we lokking at the same link? It has Wolverine series 2 at #2 rank with a sale of 17k That wolvie book can be had anytime day or night for ~100 in 9.8
Post 84 IP   flag post
Quote:
@drchaos we lokking at the same link? It has Wolverine series 2 at #2 rank with a sale of 17k That wolvie book can be had anytime day or night for ~100 in 9.8

That is the current price. Perhaps some jackwagon over-shilled their Ebay auction.

I didn't create the website. I just found it to be a resource.
Post 85 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Uh oh, my terminology is catching on, thus begins the down fall of society.
Post 86 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

🍺👌🏻

Amen to that brother, amen!!!
Post 87 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

We haven't gotten into newsstands either.
Post 88 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Already covered in this thread. I even posted a link.

Quote:
If you said Bone you were incorrect.

NM 98 record $7,500 - Bone 1 Record $3,200

All of the data is contained in this link:

clickable text

What record of NM #98 is that? 9.9? There have been higher sales.

That website linked is filled with errors. There are a substantial number of errors. The record price for a 9.8 NM #98 blue is $1200. SS is $3500.

The record price for a Bone #1 is $4750, not $3200.
Post 89 IP   flag post
@DocBrown

Your Bone sale was from December of 2016. The next highest sale was $3,216.

The website clearly states that the data is as of October 2016 (before the last Bone sale).

What resource are you using to determine the record price for NM 98?
Post 90 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater

We haven't gotten into newsstands either.

I have been biting my lip the whole time over this. legit
Post 91 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Do meeseeks have lips?
Post 92 IP   flag post
Collector Deadpoolica private msg quote post Address this user
NM98 record sales
9.9 $7600
9.8 triple cover signed $6000
9.8 signed $1700
9.8 blue label $1198
Post 93 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Do meeseeks have lips?

Oooooyeah caaan do!
Post 94 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
10.0 $15,449

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpoolica
NM98 record sales
9.9 $7600
9.8 signed $1700
9.8 blue label $1198
Post 95 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despain
10.0 $15,449

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpoolica
NM98 record sales
9.9 $7600
9.8 signed $1700
9.8 blue label $1198

I don't have that sales info but, I do know there's 1 on the census so I'm sure you're right 🍻
Post 96 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@DocBrown

Your Bone sale was from December of 2016. The next highest sale was $3,216.

The website clearly states that the data is as of October 2016 (before the last Bone sale).

True, but out of date information is still in error.

Quote:

What resource are you using to determine the record price for NM 98?

www.gpanalysis.com

The record prices for NM #98 are as follows:

10 - $15.449 (that was Brian Ketterer's copy, as referenced in the Bleeding Cool article above.)
9.9 Universal - $12,250 (2009)
9.9 SS - $6,601 (2010)
9.8 Universal - $1,200 (2015)
9.8 SS - $3,500 (2014)

Where does their $7500 figure come from...?
Post 97 IP   flag post
@DocBrown I gave you my source but I am not sure where they compiled their data.

I subscribe to GPA and they are far from complete. I have seen sales data as recently as 3-4 years old drop off. They also do not report CBCS sales, cash sales, or sales from other parties that do not report to them.

Just because you have updated information (the latest Bone sale) it does not invalidate the rest of the data we are working with.
Post 98 IP   flag post
NM98 9.9 $7600 was a sell from 9/20/2015
Post 99 IP   flag post
And I should've stated that I don't count the 12K 9.9 that sold in '09 at the time not many were graded(less than 300) it was the highest grade at the time so, people thought it was more valuable than it really was. There are 11 in the census now & 1 10.0
Post 100 IP   flag post
@Deadpoolica Unless you are limiting the comparison to 9.8s the 12K sale was legit. I know the guy who sold the book.
Post 101 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Deadpoolica Unless you are limiting the comparison to 9.8s the 12K sale was legit. I know the guy who sold the book.

Oh I know it was a legit sale, just circumstances were right for an inflated sale
Post 102 IP   flag post
@Deadpoolica Most peak sales happen this way.

The higher the book goes, the more copies come out of the woodwork.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Deadpoolica Most peak sales happen this way.

The higher the book goes, the more copies come out of the woodwork.

True
Post 104 IP   flag post
Just gonna leave this right here

Post 105 IP   flag post
600891 121 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?