Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Selling Digital Codes?3711

Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
So I am considering selling digital codes from some of my books that I am not concerned about maintaining 9.8s on. For example, I don't think Rebirth's Red Hood and the Outlaws 14 is ever going to be a collector's item, so I wouldn't mind recouping some of the cost of my pull list be selling the accompanying digital code for some books. May as well get $1 back if I can.

I understand this used to be a common practice with Marvel books on eBay, but eBay no longer permits this. Does anyone know of a forum where this is allowed?

Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
Answered my own question I think. Just in case others are interested:

https://www.reddit.com/r/comiccodes/
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector ONLINE_209 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35
So I am considering selling digital codes from some of my books that I am not concerned about maintaining 9.8s on. For example, I don't think Rebirth's Red Hood and the Outlaws 14 is ever going to be a collector's item, so I wouldn't mind recouping some of the cost of my pull list be selling the accompanying digital code for some books. May as well get $1 back if I can.

I understand this used to be a common practice with Marvel books on eBay, but eBay no longer permits this. Does anyone know of a forum where this is allowed?

Thanks
just out of curiosity what would stop someone from selling the same code multiple times
Post 3 IP   flag post
@ONLINE_209 once its redeemed by the buyer the code is dead. But, you're right someone could try to sell it to multiple people and the first to redeem gets the book. That's why you'd want to buy/sell somewhere reputable so a sleazy seller is held accountable.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONLINE_209
just out of curiosity what would stop someone from selling the same code multiple times

Negative feedback from pissed off customers.
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I wasn't aware of any ban on eBay, I see digital codes for sale all the time.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
I wasn't aware of any ban on eBay, I see digital codes for sale all the time.

I think some sellers have run into problems because they don't list them in the right category, which apparently pisses eBay off, or buyers lie and claim the code didn't work. I followed up on the issue after my first post. It looks like its not forbidden, but a lot of people have had selling privileges revoked for these two issues.
Post 7 IP   flag post
601353 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?