Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

What is the best online price guide.3679

Collector vabchgent private msg quote post Address this user
There are a ton of sites that give prices on books, looking for one good one. I buy overstreet, so not including overstreet .Thanks in advance
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector QuaBrot private msg quote post Address this user
eBay sold listings
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector DertyComix private msg quote post Address this user
I use http://comics.gocollect.com/
But that gives prices for books sold on ebay. Ebay is also a good place to start and see where the market is on sold book.
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuaBrot
eBay sold listings

This. Real Time Market Data. Unless the book is so rare that no sales show up. If you regularly buy and sell rare books you should probably have a GoCollect or GPA subscription.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
I used to use this one: http://comicspriceguide.com/ Its not bad and I still use it for a quick reference.

But, I've shifted to gocollect, mentioned above, b/c it incorporates eBay data. I was never too clear how comicspriceguide.com gathered its data or how up to date it was.

Checking eBay sold listings is a MUST, as others have said. Many a times I've made an impulse buy without checking it first. Always regret it.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
e-bay +1. Especially completed auctions.

As @DarthLego said, it's the best for the absolute most current sales data.

It's crazy how the market can fluctuate from week to week.
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35
I used to use this one: http://comicspriceguide.com/ Its not bad and I still use for a quick reference.

But, I've shifted to gocollect, mentioned above, b/c it incorporates eBay data. I was never too clear how comicspriceguide.com gathered its data or how up to date it was.

That site is a good resource for information on identifying books, finding cover art, and tracking how many books are in a series. As for prices, they are hit and miss, and some are just pie in the sky crazy.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
That site is a good resource for information on identifying books, finding cover art, and tracking how many books are in a series.

+1
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:

Not to beat a dead horse, but I will say that one thing I do not like about gocollect is that as far as I know it only tracks CGC/CBCS graded books. I buy mostly raw books, so its of some limited utility. It tells me what a book could be worth if I graded it. Best authority for raw prices still seems to be eBay, unless I am missing something.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector DertyComix private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Not to beat a dead horse, but I will say that one thing I do not like about gocollect is that as far as I know it only tracks CGC/CBCS graded books. I buy mostly raw books, so its of some limited utility. It tells me what a book could be worth if I graded it. Best authority for raw prices still seems to be eBay, unless I am missing something.

That is the down side of using gocollect.com. As for me I use it both ways in gauging the market in selling books and seeing what the going rate of a book so I can bid accordingly with the market and not over bid on a book that I may be able get cheaper down the road.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector vabchgent private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you all for your input, so many places to check figured at least one of them would be concise and not make me think a price for a certain book is wacked out or come in to low.
Post 11 IP   flag post
600782 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?