Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
I have wondered for some time now about re-glueing square bound comics who's original adhering qualities had long since failed.
Obviously the original glue cannot be duplicated but would re-fixing the cover to the spine truly be considered restoration? Overstreet allows books to have replacement staples if they are similar to the originals so where is the line to be drawn?
Your thoughts ...
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not 100% sure but the thing that comes to my mind is the residual glue from the print. Wouldn't that need to come off before you could re-apply glue? Otherwise it would be uneven, might have bubbles, might not adhere correctly, etc.

But just a random thought about the situation as a whole, I wish I could answer your question more directly.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I've seen re-glued and/or reinforced spines listed on conserved slabs.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRO
I have wondered for some time now about re-glueing square bound comics who's original adhering qualities had long since failed.
Obviously the original glue cannot be duplicated but would re-fixing the cover to the spine truly be considered restoration? Overstreet allows books to have replacement staples if they are similar to the originals so where is the line to be drawn?
Your thoughts ...

If staples have been cleaned or replaced, that will land you a Restored grade. Same with adding glue to a books' spine, or anywhere else.

Best case scenario is you get a "Conserved" notation on a blue label.
Post 4 IP   flag post
596795 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?