Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Copper AgeMovies TelevisionPop Culture

Ninja Turtle #1 1st Printing Graded 7.53609

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Total Purchase price of issues 1-10 + Fugitoid = $4,225
Est. Purchase price of the #1: $3,539

CGC grading results:

Est. GPA 12 month average index price: $3,300

Left Bottom Back Cover Lite Water Damage
Left Center Back Cover Small Multiple Crease Breaks Color
Right Bottom Front Cover Large Lite Stain
Spine Stress Lines Breaks Color

I guess it could be worse?
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke did CCS/CGC jack up your book???
Post 2 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
there was no water damage before. u guys saw the pics.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Did not see that coming. 😧

When CBCS gets the magazine service up & running, it will be interesting to see what they say.

Still. A first print. And you got a deal, even with that grade, right?
Post 4 IP   flag post
I bet you it was reversion from the pressing because they rushed it. This is why it takes so Lon for a good presser, they watch it and make sure it took, sometimes they will have to press a book twice.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Nope. I lost a LOT of money. Do the math. 9.0 purchase price and it's a 7.5. Thank about it.

I'm done collecting btw. That was enough for me. Bye.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke Do you want my advice?
Post 7 IP   flag post
I've now seen CGC jack up way too many books for me to ever send them something. They will damage a book and then grade it like it was always that way.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke If it was my book I'd send it to Steve, have him CPR it, and then raw grade it.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I remember a 9.0 was the anticipated grade. I was just hoping It was a good enough deal so that it didn't come to a full 9.0 price.
Post 10 IP   flag post
That said, I feel for you, man. That is a gut punch.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector GradedKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
Oh man, that sucks big time. I'm sorry to hear that.
This isn't the first time I've heard of CGC messing up someones book either. I have a friend that sent in his ASM 300 to be graded by them. He claims that there was some damage on the cover that he swears wasn't there when he sent it to them. I've seen the book after it was graded and it doesn't look like damage that could be caused from shipping. Needless to say, the grade took a big hit because of it.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I guess I'm in the money right were I should be when I do the maths. Looks like I broke dead even.

I don't even see any 7.0 or 7.5s for sale. Everyone wants a 9.0 or higher. I definitely am not happy about it.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector robertofredrico private msg quote post Address this user
From your original pictures, I could see the huge ring stain on the cover, most visible from the interior cover where you can see the actual round impression of whatever cup/bowl was used. It's just inside the red circle I made. From your front cover pictures you can see where the moisture had caused ripples the emanate from that area.

Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
So was this CGC or CBCS?
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertofredrico
From your original pictures, I could see the huge ring stain on the cover, most visible from the interior cover where you can see the actual round impression of whatever cup/bowl was used. It's just inside the red circle I made. From your front cover pictures you can see where the moisture had caused ripples the emanate from that area.

Good eye. How come none of us caught this?!
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs
So was this CGC or CBCS?

CGC. CBCS does not do magazines, which is why I had to go CGC.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
So, are you mad at CGC for noticing what you missed, or more mad at yourself for missing it?

Are you really done collecting because of this?
Post 18 IP   flag post
You have every reason to be pissed. I'm glad you at least broke even.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan510
So, are you mad at CGC for noticing what you missed, or more mad at yourself for missing it?

That question is irrelevant to me regardless of outcome but I'm not mad at anyone in particular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan510
Are you really done collecting because of this?

I'm not buying anymore. Only what's in my pull list box.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector ONLINE_209 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
I've now seen CGC jack up way too many books for me to ever send them something. They will damage a book and then grade it like it was always that way.
or maybe somebody switched their lower grade copy for his better grade copy
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, was NOT expecting a 7.5. I'll have to go back and look at the pictures you posted but I don't recall seeing any stains or water damage.

Sorry about the grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertofredrico

Oh, I honestly thought that was the color of that inside art...welp
Post 22 IP   flag post
That doesn't look like the same book, I think we reality shifted. How could every single person on here miss that obvious stain?

#MandelaEffect
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
That doesn't look like the same book, I think we reality shifted. How could every single person on here miss that obvious stain?

#MandelaEffect
Quote:

#MandelaEffect

If he really thinks CGC damaged the book in their possession and he has several detailed pics of the book before the damage there's a chance he can contact them and work something out.

IMHO looking at the pic above, it's clear to me it's something he just missed.
Post 24 IP   flag post
@Logan510 Yes, it was obviously missed in this reality. That is not same book it was in the previous reality. We are constantly slipping between parallel realities, that is what the Mandela Effect is. There is no way I would have predicted a 9.+ if those were the photos I had looked at the time I looked at them. It's ok, if you don't believe in parallel realities, but I've been personally living these changes for over a year and it's true to me.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
I feel like I failed you @kaptainmyke
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Logan510 Yes, it was obviously missed in this reality. That is not same book it was in the previous reality. We are constantly slipping between parallel realities, that is what the Mandela Effect is. There is no way I would have predicted a 9.+ if those were the photos I had looked at the time I looked at them. It's ok, if you don't believe in parallel realities, but I've been personally living these changes for over a year and it's true to me.

You're beautiful.
Post 27 IP   flag post
@Logan510 Are you hitting on me?
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Logan510 Are you hitting on me?

You're way out of my league.
Post 29 IP   flag post
It does seem odd
Post 30 IP   flag post
598059 57 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?