Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics MagazinesComics Silver Age

Cover Contest Week 46 - Double Vision3607

COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
@vacaboca

@Despain is on the right track there; taking a stapler to it is not restoration or conservation. It's treated like tape, just another defect to the grade 👍🏻
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector vacaboca private msg quote post Address this user
@shrewbeer would you remove the staple before submission?
Post 52 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacaboca

With a story like that, nope. Doesnt sound like you would sell the book anyways. I did all kinds of taping as a kid to my GL#1 and sent it as-is without removal. Think I even drew on it with a pencil in a few spots, but didnt want a presser removing that either. Memories, man!
Post 53 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacaboca

With a story like that, nope. Doesnt sound like you would sell the book anyways. I did all kinds of taping as a kid to my GL#1 and sent it as-is without removal. Think I even drew on it with a pencil in a few spots, but didnt want a presser removing that either. Memories, man!

Thanks for the advice - I agree. This definitely wouldn't be for selling... Ideally I'd get a double-slab frame and display them together. Maybe I'll submit them later this year... certainly if I do it will all be posted here
Post 54 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I think an added staple left in is more desirable than removing it, right?
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
I'l switch up from my normal green lantern pick and raise you triple vision!

Post 56 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Great job everyone! You have until NOON tomorrow to submit a cover for this contest. Then voting starts and runs until 11:59 PM on Thursday.
Post 57 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Not an entry, just fun:

Post 58 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos - Believe it or not, both Topps and Zen published Barbi Twins comics in the 1990's!
Post 59 IP   flag post
@Watcher - Could that be THE issue that got the "fire" started?
Post 60 IP   flag post
Less than 2 hours left to submit your covers!
Post 61 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Not an entry, just fun:

I had a poster of them on my wall as a teenager, lol.
Post 62 IP   flag post
One hour to go.
Post 63 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego In Soviet Russia Barbi twins have poster of you on their wall.
Post 64 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Voting begins

Go, go, go!
Post 65 IP   flag post
So far we have an early leader with three votes (it says four but someone voted on it twice) and five other covers with one vote each.

Get those votes in before its too late.
Post 66 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
The Hulk was very tempting but TomaHawk was too classic to pass up. Found this one after I had already submitted:

Post 67 IP   flag post
Voting goes until midnight tonight. So far @vacaboca is running away with this contest with 6 legit votes. Four others are tied for second place with 2 votes each.
Post 68 IP   flag post
Are you gonna tell me I can't win with a pair of Supergirls? Lol
Post 69 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
They like the 2 men in tites instead
Post 70 IP   flag post
Every week I expect to do awesome and things seem to go awry.

Post 71 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Every week I expect to do awesome and things seem to go awry.

Post 72 IP   flag post
There's still time to vote! Less than 2 hours to go.
Post 73 IP   flag post
Vote for me!
Post 74 IP   flag post
Wow... I've been largely offline traveling to SDCC, and now having stayed up way too late after day one, I see that I won... very cool. I really need to go to sleep - my east coast brain is completely confused...

I'll try to post a new contest before I go to sleep, otherwise I'll be behind the schedule... stay tuned.
Post 75 IP   flag post
600696 75 25
This topic is archived. Start new topic?