CBCS GradedComics Modern AgeMovies TelevisionPop Culture

Disturbances in the Force3603

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I sense a disturbance in the Force
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Atakmunky7 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
This Stan Lee crap is getting way out of hand.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user
Didn't you guys know Stan Lee created Star Wars!
Post 4 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Boy that's been relished a few hundred months geez
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector MightyMutt private msg quote post Address this user
I think they are banking on the more resent event with his wife passing.I have been seeing his graph go up sharply since. Damn vultures
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Meh, it's certainly not what I would've gotten signed but considering Stan was instrumental in getting the original comic series at Marvel greenlit, albeit with some convincing, it's not wholly inappropriate.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
We should get George Lucas to sign ASM #1 for revenge, with Jar Jar Binks Sketch.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
We should get George Lucas to sign ASM #1 for revenge, with Jar Jar Binks Sketch.

Better idea, sign that Star Wars and sketch Jar Jar on top of the Stanp.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
For that kind of money you could get someone to draw a nice sketch on that blank cover instead of settling on just a signature.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
Younger crowds think Steve Jobs knew about computers, in a generation they may believe Stan created Star Wars.
Post 11 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user

Post 12 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
STAN WARS !!!!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
As long as people can make money on this, it will continue to be done. The only thing anyone can do is not participate, and professionally criticize the practice.

Have an iron stomach, though, because hardly anyone knows how to handle criticism, no matter how legitimate.
Post 14 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
I wish he'd stop signing shit he had nothing to do with. It's getting retarded how he'll sign his name on everything.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy_K
Younger crowds think Steve Jobs knew about computers, in a generation they may believe Stan created Star Wars.

Wait, what? That is like saying Einstein didn't know anything about physics.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
May the force be with you true believers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics

Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine
I wish he'd stop signing shit he had nothing to do with. It's getting retarded how he'll sign his name on everything.

Dude if someone handed me $75 bucks (or however much he charges) and said 'sign this' I'm not gonna ask any questions lol.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef
Dude if someone handed me $75 bucks (or however much he charges) and said 'sign this' I'm not gonna ask any questions lol.

I have some student loan debt consolidation documents I would like you to sign for $75, wait, I'll go $95.
Post 19 IP   flag post
To add insult to injury, they had this slabbed by...
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
As long as people can make money on this, it will continue to be done. The only thing anyone can do is not participate, and professionally criticize the practice.

Have an iron stomach, though, because hardly anyone knows how to handle criticism, no matter how legitimate.

Can you please explain the difference between "professional" criticism and "amateur" criticism?

Thanks
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
To add insult to injury, they had this slabbed by...
n

The entire cast avoids the title...classic Lee signs right across it...it's almost like he intentionally tries to ruin the eye appeal of things he signs...
Post 22 IP   flag post
The guy is 94 years old, live and let live. If you want to blame anyone, blame the people who want him to sign this stuff.
Post 23 IP   flag post
The following video about Stan explains why he will sign anything:

Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan510
Quote:

Can you please explain the difference between "professional" criticism and "amateur" criticism?

Thanks

You're reading it incorrectly.

Thanks
Post 25 IP   flag post
Yeah, I don't blame Stan, I blame the Jackwagons who ask him to sign stuff he had nothing to do with just because they think they can ask and get more money for it. Stan had his hands legitimately in so many books and characters, there's no legit reason to venture outside of those books when looking for something for him to sign.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I'm pretty sure their "logic" is that 'everybody gets Stan to sign Spidey or Hulk, or whatever. I'll get him to sign Star Wars and be different'.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atakmunky7
I'm pretty sure their "logic" is that 'everybody gets Stan to sign Spidey or Hulk, or whatever. I'll get him to sign Star Wars and be different'.

That's a good logic for a personal collection. That's terrible logical for a flipper.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan510
Quote:

Thanks

You're reading it incorrectly.

Thanks

Thank you.

Can you please explain how I'm reading it incorrectly?
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atakmunky7

That's a good logic for a personal collection. That's terrible logical for a flipper.

Yeah. That's part of the problem with the hobby. Too many flippers buying books not cuz they like em but cuz they think they can make a few bucks.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601492 39 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.