Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Copper AgeQuestions

Cannot Seem To Cut A Deal On Squirrel Girl3588

Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know. It might be. There was a small spot on the front cover of an NYX 4 I had graded this year. It also had some creases. It graded out as an 8.0. I was surprised, but any kind of stain or anything perceived as a stain will knock the grade down pretty hard.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
Not trying to rain on your parade, by the way. Congratulations on the book. Fingers crossed you get that 9.4 after a press.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@Despain No offense taken, I appreciate the observation.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim you did it. Enjoy 😁
Post 29 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
This is from 1991? Looks like one of those comics that has stacks hidden in random overstock boxes, from the excesses of that era. Maybe they will start to come out more often and you can get a copy cheap? I doubt I would recognize this one out in the wild. Certainly not before I saw this thread.
Post 30 IP   flag post

So, she arrived today. I think a 9.4 is about right, especially after a press. Let me know what you think.

Post 31 IP   flag post
Bump.

I probably should have posted the pics in a new thread.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome copy! I'd say 9.2 - 9.4 with a press. Will that ink spot that bleeds a little onto the back cover affect the grade at all you think? Regardless, for the price you paid for it...good work!
Post 33 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
There is one on comic link. clickable text
Post 34 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
So, she arrived today. I think a 9.4 is about right, especially after a press. Let me know what you think.

I see 4-5 color breaks along the spine and a soft corner. While 9.4 might not be out of the question if the rest of the book is perfect, if it has any other issues that should keep it in the 9.2 range.
Post 35 IP   flag post
598059 35 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?