Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Grading Help NeededQuestions

Sticky stuff ;)3573

Collector Mickee92 private msg quote post Address this user
A comic that I am interested in is graded at a VF+ due to sticker residue from price tag. Can this be easily removed and bring the grade up??
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector ONLINE_209 private msg quote post Address this user
if i had to guess i would say no or the other person would have probably already done it
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector nikki666666 private msg quote post Address this user
@Mickee92 give Giles a call at Asgard Comics.. Just had a couple of my books back from him and he got all of the sticker residue off one of my books. Top dude and UK as well!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Hmm the seller wants £60 for VF+ UNCANNY X-MEN #266 & NM x-men #8 FIRST APP GAMBIT + BELLA DONNA MARVEL COMIC LOT

If the sticker residue is removed will that take the grade up?

I like the look of that asgard comics cheers!!
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Mickee92 where is the sticker located and what is the sticker? is it a price label?
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
It depends on how old the residue is and how much there is and if it stained the paper fibers beneath it
Post 6 IP   flag post
Apparently off of a price label and top left front cover.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Mickee92 Giles will only charge you a tenner for the effort. Its worth getting it off to preserve the book for the future either way and if it gets a grade bump then even better. He can also press it for you in with that cost. That alone may even jump the grade.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
use a q-tip and GOO GONE.

I use it every day on turtle toys that have card backers with price tags on them. will not damage the comic and gives it a nice citrus aroma
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
When it comes to modern comics (anything 90's & up) I'd highly recommend holding out for solid Near Mint copies. Books from this era are common in Very Fine & Near Mint Minus.

Removing the residue might raise the grade, but, it's not a hard book to find that book in higher grade.
Post 10 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

I use it every day on turtle toys that have card backers with price tags on them. will not damage the comic and gives it a nice citrus aroma

Time for another blog demo!
Post 11 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
You need instructions on how to use a q-tip and rub one out?
Post 12 IP   flag post
At this point it's just charity really for the OOC
Post 13 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Not for me, for all the Jerrys.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector FUEGOMUSIC private msg quote post Address this user
Yes a DEMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

Time for another blog demo!
Post 15 IP   flag post

Post 16 IP   flag post
601213 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?